Peaceful Living

Peaceful Living Employee Reviews

United States24 reviews
I worked here for about 7 months. It’s an ok temporary job. I got hired as a fill in which means I only get hours whenever I’m needed. I lost a lot of hours due to a change with a client, which left me
Pretty much jobless. The company itself is a bit unorganized and the pay rate for this position is too low for the amount of things that you have to to. Overall this is a wonderful job, working with people

With intellectual disabilities is awesome
Cons
Can’t cash out your p.t.o if you don’t use it, low pay rate
Everyone is always out to help one another. They care about their employees and always find ways to help with whatever you need. The management is always able to help and is very friendly.
Great company to work for. I was not a fan of the 'prayer time' in the mornings; I think religion and your job need to be separated and not combined in a work setting
been there 3 years loved it wish i didn’t have to leave great company sense of belonging if work in family services need a second job and wish you didn’t
Peacefully living day program is a terrible place to work. Management is horrible and do not have the clients best interests at heart. Also contributes to the high school gossip environment instead of putting an end to which only keeps it going. Could be a good place if the right people were In charge.
Pros
Clients are great
Cons
Hostile work environment
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Peaceful Living truly cares about their employees. Company is really human with a heart, for example good compensation for training, above average starting wage, ongoing interest in supporting all staff and clients, excellent environment, work-life balance, easy to communicate with Supervisors/Managers and more.
The comoany was taken over by a whole new administrative team with no ties or connections and completely changed the atmosphere of the place in a bad way they became very corporate and left the Christian and family values go away and they treat you like your replaceable i was there for over 10 years sad to go but it want the same company
The organization has become even focused, organized and mission-driven. The Board of Directors and management of Peaceful Living care deeply for the men and women who receive support. All employees are deeply dedicated to the mission as well and provide excellent care and support to the people entrusted to our care. I am very proud to work at Peaceful Living
Peaceful living has to uphold the mission and continue community advocacy work for the individuals. The belonging model must adopt person centered attributes to include everyone.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Low pay
fast paced and collaborative environment
must love working with special needs and autistic population

must know how to deal with crisis situations
From my first day I have been made to feel like part of the team. New ideas are encouraged in a supportive environment. Freedom to make decisions with plenty of people to help you with training. Company has undergone many positive changes and continues to grow and evolve to provide quality support to the individuals we serve.
If you are looking for a great place to work come apply.
Pros
Friendly, encouraging environment
Cons
I haven't found any yet
Hourly rate in comparison to job expectation is very poor. Very poor process with interviewing, management was rude.
Was interrogated for a measly $12.00 and hour. Can’t live with that type of pay. My teenager gets paid the same.
I could not ask for a better place to work. Great environment and people. Perfect hours. Good benefits and pay. Management is top notch. I have never worked in an environment with such a positive atmosphere and caring people.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere and Great Culture, Flextime, Paid time off, Benefits, too many to list them all.
Cons
I came in during the midst of change. Veteran Staff are somewhat unsure. Change takes time. I feel there is great teamwork and dedication as well as care and concern for individuals and staff. I love it here. Couldnt be happier. It’s a great place of belonging. I highly recommend Peaceful living!!!
Pros
Teamwork and compassion
Cons
working for peaceful living is very easy going. a typical work day would include coming in, checking on the patients doing personal hygeine, pushing meds, and scheduling appointments
Peaceful Living was a great non-profit before new management took over. While it was fun and rewarding work, community-based companions in the Family Services department were not paid properly.
Pros
Flexible work hours, fun environment
Cons
Poor management
It wS nice to work with people in the community. I liked helping people advance in their lives in a personal, social, and academic way. I just didn't like that there was no full time or any benefits. They went on a pay freeze and I missed out on 3 raises.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No benefits or full time
The job provided a good amount of hours and flexibility. The managers were usually pretty helpful and worked to help give time off when needed. Good job for retired persons.
Peaceful Living was once a caring, compassionate, friendly, happy work environment where every individual felt like they belonged Client as well as staff. Once new upper management took over compassion, quality of care, friendliness, cleanliness, happiness and even belonging was a thing of the past. New upper management lacked communication With the rest of the company. It was a keep your mouth shut and do as your told mentality. Dedicated compassionate employees were leaving by the handfuls due to the lack of everything. It’s an outrage how the Egos of maybe 4 people can take a once wonderful company and turn it into what it is today. Heartbreaking.
Pros
Working with wonderful clients!!
Cons
The New non-compassionate upper management
Peaceful Living is an organization that is focused on the mission! The management members have years of experience and are dedicated to their work. The employees providing direct support are second to none! If you join the team at Peaceful Living, you will be surrounded by hard-working, compassionate colleagues!!!
Pros
Great colleagues, comfortable work environment
New Management has created a difficult and hostile work environment for employees. NO teamwork. NO understanding of clients by Upper Management. Had to work TONS of overtime, no options
Pros
dedicated co workers for most part
Cons
upper management