Play YouTube video button
PeaceHealth
59Below average

PeaceHealth Employee Reviews

United States770 reviews
Well balanced, great benefits, fun place to work.
Change is always good, and always happening.

Management all depends on what department you work in.
Worked in cardiac rehab and really enjoyed the many years there. Compensation was fair for the years of experience and region. Encouraged growth and learning.
I would not recommend working for the company within the IT Operation Department nor Service Desk Department due to poor management. There’s zero transparency from team management. There’s Lots of favoritism, backstabbing and bullies within these two teams. You don’t need to be technical to keep your job, you just need to kiss the right **s...that’s it. 👎
Pros
Cons
Team members and operational managements
If you stay to yourself and are careful about what you say it is a great place to work. The mission is to care for all patients and staff. I took this as the truth, but caring only goes so far.
I left after 8 years because the union moved in and my lack of understanding of the union and the pressure and harrassment to join the union was way to much. I loved my job in Cardiology and regrett everyday that I left..
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Management encourages drama. They try to destroy a persons character and self esteem. They lie and gossip and manipulate staff. It used to be a great place to work before new management. What you have to look forward to if you work there are great relationships with coworkers but a very toxic environment due to management.
The IT department (not a team) is constrained by leadership which is comprised of unethical individuals who lack skill and vision. The make up of the staff clearly is not in alignment of communities served yet PeaceHealth benefits from tax status and government programs (Medicare, Medicaid, ACA). Human Resources and Corporate Ethics allows the violators to run wild.
Besides the health, dental, and vision benefits they also offer a program for people with chronic medical conditions to get their medications for free. They have another program that will reduce your portion of the medical coverage if you qualify depending on household income. There is the standard STD and LTD they have life and accidental insurance for both the employee and their family members. There is the 401k and 403b plans which the employee match will keep going up depending on years of service up to 4% on the 401k and they will automatically put money into the 403b plan wither you participate in the retirement plan or not.
Drama filled. Management has no idea of what she’s doing and no medical training. If you aren’t a nurse you have no say in anything, and not a good atmosphere for those who believe in prioritizing patient care through teamwork approach
Management does not address issues of staff. Management allows mob mentality of majority day shift employees. Toxic work environment is allowed and encourage by management. I would stay away from this site.
Pros
Cons
Bad culture and bullying allowed to continue.
I enjoyed working for PeaceHealth. The leadership walked the talk of the mission and core values. I found the work interesting and challenging. I was empowered to utilize my creativity and create new programs.
My typical day at work is busy but manageable. I always feel like I could learn something new. My peers/colleagues are a joy to work with. We always worke as a team and it helps me feel included. Peace Health offers by far the best health benefits in the area along with consistent pay increase. They offer tuition reimbursement for advancement within the company. Management is involved and always offer coaching and mentorship. This is by far the best place to work in the area.
I will never forget being a part of the PeaceHealth team. It is a great learning environment, and quickly became working with family that I still miss to this day.
April 10, 2020
House Supervisor (Former Employee) in Ketchikan, AK:
PeaceHealth strives to accomplish what you shared - an environment for learning and professional development, and a culture that feels like family. We wish you well and thank you for your contribution!

Karen
I loved the patient interaction. I feel that helping people is priority one. Management had no desire to help employees become better. I feel that in medicine you should always be better or at least learning more.
March 31, 2020
We value the time you took to write a review. PeaceHealth continually looks for ways to improve based on feedback provided by caregivers like you. Thank you! Best regards, Karen
I have worked for peacehealth for over 13 years as an RN, Peace health is a good place to work. They offer competitive wages and flexible work schedules.
March 31, 2020
Thank you! We value your service to PeaceHealth and to our community, especially in the middle of this global health concern. Stay strong and know you have the support from those of us non-clinical caregivers in the organization! Warm regards, Karen
I have worked in several different units at peacehealth, my current unit has a great sense of unity. We work hand in hand with our providers and they put a lot of trust in us as nurses. I always feel like I’m learning new things, and feel supported by my co workers and manager in my daily work tasks.
March 31, 2020
Registered Nurse in Longview WA: Reviews like yours, make our day! We have actually heard about the unity of Longview and appreciate you taking time to write about it here. Stay strong, stay healthy! Warm regards, Karen
I believe the Nurse Managers did a great job of not only presenting information and changes that needed to be done during morning huddle, but also implemented the changes themselves and leading by example.
March 31, 2020
Your review on PeaceHealth Leadership is so appreciated! Thank you for the 5-star review. - Best regards, Karen
This job was fast paced yet exciting. I learned to get along with my coworkers and to also let others help for the sake of the patients.
The patients are great!
Comment – March 16, 2020
Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very fortunate to have such passionate caregivers serving our communities. If there is anything you would like to add, please email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Thanks,

Elizabeth
No complaints from me, loved the job and everyone I worked with. I only left because I moved to a different state otherwise I would still be there. Management was awesome too
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your endorsement! If there is anything you would like to add, please feel free to email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org with your comments.

Thanks,

Elizabeth
Working for Peace health was a very stressful job. We were always working short staffed and never felt appreciated. Supervisor retired and were never replaced. We did a a good team on the evening shift.I work in all areas of the hospital so I did learn a lot of things from Trauma Unit to NICU and the Johnson unit
March 16, 2020
Thank you for taking time to comment on your experience while at PeaceHealth. We are continually looking for ways to improve, and your constructive thoughts will be reviewed by our HR partners. Feel free to forward any specifics you might like to share at FeedbackWFP@peacehealth.org.

Elizabeth
Peacehealth is slowly but surely "weeding out" experienced nurses at the top of the pay scale. Union is not that helpful but it is mandatory to be a member and paying dues monthly that increase every year.

Elizabeth
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PeaceHealth. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.