PeaceHealth Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 11, 2018
Worked here for10 years. 9 years supply chain specialist and then became a sterile processing tech.great night life since i worked night shift.always short staffed but whqt company and or department wasn't? Managemnt sucked.but was trying to turn the department around in process i should say. Benefits was decent but still got worse every year. Just became union.pay could've bren more to start. But watch your back.like everywhere u go.u can get blood on your hands or be a target. Its like big brother.but on the flip side i really like my co workers and people i met after the years.liked them a lot as co workers that's about it. Culture is diverse. Went thru 2 different managers and the newest one was amazing.very respectful and cared about what u said and worked hard to gwt what u wanted and was essy to talk to and go to.but left for another job for advancement and growth and better opportunity and a change of life to move on to something different and new.always pros and cons everywhere u worked but this is the first hispital and longest job i had working for for 10 years.goes by quick.use peacehealth as a foundation and one too add to the resume and experience and move on to somewhere else better.
Pros
Great pto accural, use snd get benefits day 1, diverse workplace sifferent bakgrounds.
Cons
The pay, management, training wasnt consistent
Trusted when it was southwest washington
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 3, 2018
When you work for a company for 20 years then they turn there back on you it’s disheartening. My trust in the company is gone. Loved working with my coworkers and loved what I did.
Pros
Family like coworkers
Cons
Human Resources untrustworthy
Contractor Perspective - Maybe not REAL LIFE
Supply Chain Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 19, 2018
Tough environment; not for the faint of heart. Virtually no training, yet immediate production expectations. Manager is new to position (and management as a whole); disorganized and inefficient disallowing time to train, or answer routine questions. If you're not a networker who can fish and find your answers, don't come to this department.
Pros
Interesting, challenging work at times.
Cons
No training; inequitable hours / flexibiity between coworkers
Revolving Door Management
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 18, 2018
If there was stable management the company would be better. As it is most employees cannot pick their management out of a line up. Top management arrives and leaves weekly. They come in, spend money, change things (rarely for the better), take their bonuses and are gone. They mouth the mission but the mission does not matter in the face of money and is RARELY applied to employees.
Benefits
Best Job Ever!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 16, 2018
I love working for PeaceHealth as a CNA. PeaceHealth has many unionized jobs, so pay is far above average. Also, management comes in if we have a sick call. We are rarely understaffed. Your coworkers respect you and once you’re a PeaceHealth employee it is very easy to transfer through PeaceHealth facilities if you move or want to try something else. Also, I’ve never missed a break at PeaceHealth and we get a 30 plus two 15s.
Pros
Long Breaks, Amazing Pay, Great Career Advancement Oppurtunities
Work is work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 14, 2018
Depending on your department and who who work with and who your managers are your days at work can be great or terrible, as in all jobs. If you wanna be challenged go to a busier clinic.
Great benefits, great surgeons, TERRIBLE manager.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plastic SurgeryJune 13, 2018
During the time I worked in this busy office, (100+ patients per day) I was always treated with respect by the surgeons. The management changed in early 2015, when the promoted the referral coordinator to manager, and the department has gone downhill ever sense. She micromanages and blames her own mistakes on other employees as to save face. Since she has taken over as manager, every single staff member has quit due to her management style. It is a shame because it was a dream job prior to her taking over.
Pros
Free products and services, frequent catered lunches and coffee
Cons
no breaks, horrible manager, very busy
Peace Health has gone thru much change
System Director of Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 13, 2018
Most of the people I reported to and worked with changed over multiple times in my short time there, It was a very difficult place to work. They talk about many things they will be doing and yet they choose to do others.
Great place to work, staff is second to none.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 12, 2018
Even though I worked here as a consultant, I always felt like part of the team and always had avenues to get any/all questions answered. Very clean and up beat workplace with views out of this world. If I lived in Washington State I would definitely want to work here full time.
stressfull
Patient Access Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 8, 2018
Start work at 8 am and answering phone until 5pm.
Hearing patients complain constantly
Patients scheduling appts requesting for nurse advice and requesting med refills.
The management is over our backs about answering all the calls and not allowing any call slip us by.
No comment
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 8, 2018
Do not wish to comment on this. Feel this is something that would not be appropriate to share on the internet with all due respect to the entire team.
Pros
Mission, vision, values of the organization
Cons
poor communication in timely manner, leadership
Supportive
Provider Recruitment Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 5, 2018
I could not ask for a better team or a more supportive environment. I feel fortunate to be surrounded by great leadership and feel like a valued employee.
Great people, great benefits
Physician Liaison (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORMay 1, 2018
One of the larger employers of this town. You feel good working for Peacehealth. Wonderful people to be around. Unfortunately, during all the healthcare changes going on all over the place, it did seem like peacehealth was constantly changing as well, and work wasn't delegated properly.
Pros
good benefits/pay and wonderful people to work with
Cons
too much change of leadership
unskilled managment, High stress, micro managed,
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, ORApril 28, 2018
I have been here a very short time and am I am already looking for other work. The management is horrific and my co-workers are unhappy. The nurses are very rude. Its sad to leave a review like this but it is very much so the truth.
Pros
the pay
Cons
poor managment
Official response from PeaceHealth
April 30, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am sorry to hear this has ben your experience. If there is anything you would like to add, I will gladly forward it to a member of our HR leadership. Email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Warmest regards,
Kirk

Lack of training or mentoring, constant change can be difficult
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 16, 2018
In a nutshell, there are many pleasant, well-intentioned and competent people working in an organization that is highly political, inefficient and stressful as they struggle with being understaffed, overworked and working in densely packed office space. The higher echelons of management are constantly in flux and there is a disparity between the values and the reality of organizational culture. One's work experience could depend on the department and supervisors involved. Turnover happens so fast it can make your head spin, although some employees manage to survive for years but a certain mentality is required, as with most corporate entities. It remains to be seen if this healthcare organization can catch up and survive the many challenges facing it in this competitive environment.
There is good and bad, ask lots of questions when interviewing.
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
stressful and lack of training for new employees, orientation is flimsy
Loved working for PH but...
Health Information Management - Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 8, 2018
Great place to work, but it depends on which department and who the manager is. Very little consistency in management goals. PH biggest goal is to reduce their workforce or use the smallest team possible.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
job security is low, and communication between mgr levels is bad
Good working conditions
Billing & Follow-up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 4, 2018
I liked showing up for work every day knowing what was expected of me. My coworkers were awesome, we have all stayed close. My manager was fantastic, she worked day to day in our Washington office but I never felt that she wasn’t available whenever we needed her
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Slowly watching people lose their jobs, as they were transferred
Disappointing
Patient care (Current Employee) –  Eugene/SpringfieldMarch 26, 2018
They are always short staffed. High school atmosphere. Doesn’t matter if you can do the job or not; all about if you are on the popular team. They ask for your opinion, but don’t value it. Management retaliates even though they say they don’t. Very disappointed. It is not about patient care, but numbers and satisfaction. If your a good game player this the place for you. If you care about patients or value working with those that know their jobs, then you will be disappointed.
Benefits
Cons
Patient care, management, company morals and ethics
Not a good place to work.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 11, 2018
The management is continually turning over and this has caused a lot of issues with in the company. This also tells you that something is wrong within the company.
Felt pride in working for a company so focused on healing the most needy.
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 8, 2018
I loved my job. I thrived on the chaos and loved the fast pace. My co-workers were a 2nd family to me and I'm still in contact with them. I also enjoyed the problem solving aspects of my position. As the graveyard Ward Clerk, you become the go to person for the entire hospital if there is a situation they do not know what to do with.
Pros
Wages were a bit above average
Cons
Constantly understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PeaceHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight