PeaceHealth Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, ORJanuary 21, 2019
I love coming to work here. I get to connect to our patients, learn something new daily. Management is good, it's a good workplace, the hardest part is being short staffed, but we always work through it. The best is the patients and my co-workers
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Getting to know patients and they pass away
Poor management. Poor co workers
ED RN (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Horrible orientation. Left on your own with critical patients. Hateful co workers. No management. The worst place to work in the country! You don’t want to work here. Keep your peace of mind
Good Pay, Stressful Environment
Food Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 14, 2019
PeaceHealth has become about cost cutting and getting the most out of their employee's (and not development wise).

I have watched employees go home in tears and frustration, as well as overworked and exhausted. It is constantly understaffed, and the pressure is put on the employees to "make it work" and if it isn't achieved employees are reprimanded and feel unaccomplished. Overtime, this creates a massive burnout and takes its tolls on the employees (several whom have admitted to needing counseling because of the work stress).

From the outside in, the policies and the intentions look like the perfect place to work. From the inside, they are rarely upheld and the environment is hostile and toxic.

The union empowers employees to be empowered to the point of insubordination, and the managers try to work around every corner they can.

I was excited to start working at PeaceHealth, but have such realized that it needs a major overhaul on direction in internal spirit, understanding, and good ethics.

The pay is nice, but they will make you work very hard for your pay. You will earn every cent you receive and sometimes without the dignity or respect you deserve.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic, Poor Managment, Hostile, Overworked, Unappreciated
Watch your back.
Medical Assistant Back Office (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 11, 2019
Cut throat management and co-workers. Hostile work environment. Went to HR, one week later my position was posted with no communication from new management. Repeatedly told by supervisor to cover my rear when in doubt. What am I doing that I need to CYA? I will never find out! Apparently a type of management style. Prior to new management, all was good.
complete lack of trust in their employees
Sr Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 16, 2018
new CIO and VP have little or no experience with Epic systems and do not trust existing staff. Outside consultants are automatically trusted more than internal resources that often have more experience
Pros
great philosophy, good work/life balance policy
Cons
dont support the great philosophy and dont support the work life balance policy
Spread too thin
physician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 16, 2018
They used a bait and switch for hiring. Physicians are spread too thin and hardly compensated for extra call. The department chair was mainly concerned about getting out as early as possible and dumping work on everyone else. The call was ridiculous! Several programs had to be covered by one person. Worse place I've ever worked in.
Pros
pleasant co workers, decent benefits
Cons
over-stretched, poor management, very little support
Stressful
Patient Access Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 11, 2018
You have to be a people person and always be friendly. You can not have any bad days at work.
Management isn't the best you would request time off a month before and they wouldn't approve it and say find someone to work for you.
Low morale from overbearing workloads make everyone cranky
PAS Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 9, 2018
From my experience in the revenue cycle, PH hospitals and clinics are like the McDonald’s of healthcare. The PH machine doesn’t care about patients or staff; it cares about the money.
December 10, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are always looking to improve, so if there is anything you would like to add, please feel free to email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org at any time.

Excellent place to work
Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Longview, WADecember 6, 2018
I work at PeaceHealth St John's. My department and those I come into contact with all seem to have good morale/attitude and a sense of teamwork. It's refreshing to come to a positive environment for work each day.

My direct management team has worked hard to make my department a pleasure to work in by controlling patient load, streamlining workflow, and staffing adequately to reduce overtime. It's easy to have a good work/life balance here.

The pay and benefits are amazing, thanks to the union. (The union contract is public and can be found here http://www.seiu49.org/contracts/ )

I highly recommend PeaceHealth as an employer.
Pros
Pay, benefits, workplace culture
December 10, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your endorsement. If there is anything you would like to add, please feel free to email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org with your comments.

Kirk

It was an amazing place to work
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 26, 2018
I was amazed at how nice everyone was and caring. This was one of the best companies I ever worked for! I was also impressed with all the things they did for patients, caregivers, and overall caring for everyone!
Pros
All the different and caring things they do for Dove Pantry, etc.
Cons
Being let go!
December 3, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on being a mission and values-based organization and I am happy to hear that you felt that same experience. If there is anything you would like to add, please feel free to email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Kirk

Want to know more about PeaceHealth?

Ask a question
Excellent employer
Respiratory Therapist/CRT/RRT (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 25, 2018
Hands down one of the best places I have ever worked.
Great management, great benefits.
Teamwork throughout the organization, employees are recognized for their hard work.
November 26, 2018

Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very fortunate to have such passionate caregivers serving our communities. If there is anything you would like to add, please email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Staff rn
ED RN (Current Employee) –  BellinghamNovember 11, 2018
Worked for ph for nearly 6 years. The style of management is poor. The coworkers are fantastic. WSNA is the reason we have as mich as we do. The benefits are not good, the offered health insurance is rotten. And there is no competition in the area where
I work. I don’t have any options to work for another hospital in my area. This allows the “non-profit” hospital to be solely financially focused and it avoids patient centered care at all costs. All about those dollars.
Pros
Strong union and contract Great shift dif and OT options. Coworkers. Breaks (on some units), nurse patient ratios (again, some units). Coworkers. (Again). Good community to serve.
Cons
Near the i5 corridor, lots of transients to serve, Poor benefits, Poor management. Profit driven in a non profit facility. Caters to the Monday thru Friday staff, forgets about everybody else. No patient centered care.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take our patient care and the work environment for our caregivers very seriously. If you would like to elaborate or offer any additional suggestions, please feel free to email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org at any time.

Thanks again,

Great Place to Work
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 9, 2018
Very busy job, learned how to do things I have never done before in a medical atmosphere.

Management and workplace culture was nothing I ever experienced before, everyone was so nice and caring. It was very hard to leave my position.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with amazing caregivers.
Pros
Working with pleasant and friendly caregivers
Cons
Having to leave the way I did

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Treating others in a loving and caring way is part of our mission and it is nice to hear that it was part of your experience. If there is anything you would like to add, please email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Stressful
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 8, 2018
Lots of confusion but was very interesting working there. Seems like lots of bodies but lack of leadership. To many managers not interacting with staff.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our leadership, please email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Kirk

Toxic work environment created by management
Buyer (Contracting) (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 5, 2018
Management determines the culture and tone of the department. The management that I've work for is toxic and unprofessional. There is a lot of scrutinizing of individual contributor who does not "kiss butt" with management. And management condones inappropriate behavior such as degrading and speaking to others in a condescending manner. Overall, working at PeaceHealth with the current management team in place is toxic and will hurt your mental health in the long run unless the culture is changed.
Pros
Most people that works at PH are passionate and truly cares about their work.
Cons
Management practice hypocrisy and creates an unhealthy and toxic work environment.

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Having a healthy work environment is incredibly important. We would love to hear more about your experience and any additional suggestions you may have. Please email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Thanks again,
Kirk

its all about numbers and very stressfull
Revenue Cycle Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA 98683November 4, 2018
I was happy working for southwest, but when it was merged with Peaceheatlh a lot changes and it effected my benefits and management. I should have left before they merged.
Pros
Cons
after years of services, being let go with no severance
November 5, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are always looking to improve. If there is anything additional you would like to share, please reach out to FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Warmest regards, Anna

Great teams
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 15, 2018
I have really enjoyed working at PeaceHealth. Everyone I have come in contact with has been positive and focused on doing the right things. Very collaborative environment. My role has me interacting with people across the system in different departments and different hospitals. Everyone has been great to work with.
Pros
Teamwork. Collaboration. Mission focus.
Cons
Don't know of any.
October 22, 2018

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so proud of the work our caregivers provide for our communities and for the mission we strive to fulfill. If there is anything you would like to add, please email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

wonderful location
Staff RN Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAOctober 13, 2018
Management unrealistic. Essential e mail communication must be read while on the clock. When no one, especially Nurses, have time to do so. Management is rigid and uncaring, as well as human resource. HR personnel perfectly comfortable in terminating employee if caught reading e mail off the clock. Doctors, coworkers wonderful. Management, not so much. Once management is hounding you and/or micromanaging you, leave the department.
Pros
Lovely location and coworkers
Cons
Management myopic and prone to be uncaring and spiteful.
October 22, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so proud of all our caregivers and the service they provide our communities. With patient safety and care at the root of our mission, we are dedicated to serving our communities and fostering an inclusive work environment where our employees can be successful daily. Our HR leadership would be more than happy to connect with you if you have any additional feedback you would like to share. Please feel free to email us at FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

New Hire
Supervisor Respiratory Therapy and Transport (Current Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 27, 2018
Peace Health St. John welcomed me in with open arms. Everyone is really friendly, with a home like feeling. They made sure I had all the tools needed to be successful in a very supportive environment with my fellow management staff. They have also provided me with training I will need to be successful. Everyone that works here is a caregiver, regardless of the actual job they perform and each of us have the patients best interest in mind. I am proud to be a part of this team and support the patients and community in which I work.
Pros
Friendly, supportive, encourages success.
Cons
None at this point! Its a great place.
October 8, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so proud of the work our caregivers provide to our communities everyday and so thankful for their dedication to providing quality care. If there is anything additional you would like to add, please email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org.

Highly dysfunctional environment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 25, 2018
I've rarely been in an environment where managers wear fake smiles while stabbing others in the back. My own manager spent 90% of the day gossiping to her staff about her director and other managers. How does this person have a job? "Manager" is a title, with no accountability. Most managers are completely INCOMPETENT, and most didn't graduate from college. Very sad for those of us with masters degrees. I am SO glad I left this highly dysfunctional place!
Pros
immediate peers are nice
Cons
immediate peers cannot wait to get out and we helping one another to do so; management is CLUELESS
October 8, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. Ensuring that caregivers have a functional and productive work environment is very important to us and we are always looking for ways to improve. Please, if there is anything you would like to add or advice you would like to give, please email FeedbackWFP@PeaceHealth.org. I will be more than happy to share your thoughts with a member of HR leadership to help us improve in the future.

Thanks again, Kirk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PeaceHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss