Peak 10, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place
Data Center (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working here with many different business types from small to big corporations.

This was my first job out of college and it is a great stepping stone for someone to advance.
Great company
Technical Assistance Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 15, 2018
Peak 10 has some of the best data centers in the country. They do well to take care of their employees as much as the client. They strive to offer the best possible service and start with hiring the best possible staff.
Stay away!!!
DCT (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2018
Viawest had a great culture great leadership but since the merger with Peak10 (which is now Flexential what a horrible name btw lol) they killed the culture crushed morale by taking away employee programs. Health insurance was great but now you’re required to get a screening or get fine $50/ mo. 401k is up in the air at this point. The company is now earnings driven with little regard for its employees in addition the pay is $15-$17/hr range and most other area data centers pay $20-$30/hr take my advice and keep looking as this ship is taking on water
Pros
Unlimited descretionary timeoff, Coworkers
Cons
Pay, hours, benefits and employee programs
You get to work with a lot of different technologies!
IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2017
What a nice group of people and a fun work environment. I am able to work on all types of technology and expand my career exponentially. Thanks for being an awesome place to work!
High sales turnover
Enterprise Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2017
Sales management cares about themselves. Little training. Expect you to learn as you go. Probably reason for turnover. Base pay low vs competitors. Great place for entry level enterprise sales to learn for next opportunity. Not a career. Great people to work along side, but all know they are looking for next opportunity with competition
Pros
Great entry level opportunity
Cons
Lack of training and sales management support. High turnover
Fun place to work, however, their mangement is not the best at all. Very poor communication skills that they truly need to work on.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2017
Their core values are exceptional, however their room for growth, and upper management communication skills need work!

Other than that, it was a very fun place to work, and loved the wellness program they had in place.
Pros
Wellness, excercise classes, Charity work, work/life balance they are great at working with you
Cons
lack of communication, no room for growth, management is very inconsistent
Good
Technical Assistant Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2017
It was a good place to work, I enjoyed my time there. I recommend this place to anyone that wants to get a start in thier IT careers. They have a good culture
Let go while on disability
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 2, 2016
One month short of my one year anniversary when I would have received FMLA benefits I was let go. This place was high school all over again.
Peak 10 Employment Summary
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2016
Peak 10 was a Managed Service company providing hundreds of clients with local storage and self management of their environments separated from their offices, remote hands on management of their environments for those with no IT staff.

I learned a lot about how Data Centers functioned with regard to power requirements, heating and cooling and inter-network connectivity. I was exposed to a number of new technologies I had not previously seen, but with such a large customer base I was well out of my comfort zone, not able to reach a level of expertise with these technologies I believed would be most beneficial to the customer or to myself, and was unable to mold supported environments to meet what my experience suggested they should be.

While this was a technical support/managed services organization, their primary goal was sales of their services, both for new clients and to renew/upgrade existing clients. Many co-workers and myself were regularly expected to be salesmen, an aspect of the position with which I had no experience and resulting in my inability to find success. Competition was fierce and many co-workers were not receptive to cooperation and/or sharing of knowledge and experience in their respective roles.
Pros
Comfortable physical environment and good relationships with NOC personnel
Cons
I am not a salesman and found that aspect of my role undesireable
Productive and very fun place to work, however the lack of communication, and interaction from management is their downfall. To segregated.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2016
Very fun place to work, typical day was to post daily wires, credit card payments, Lockbox payments, complete daily spreadsheets, process credit/debit write offs. Assist customers with invoicing, acct questions. Learned various ways to complete excel spreadsheets, various reports, and general ledgers. Management was very interactive, and non commutative with their employees. Very segregated from each other. My co-workers were very friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management to be on one accord. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the option to work from home sometimes, and our team building functions. Being able to actually talk to the CEO as a person and the way he treated all of the employees not just as a number, but having a trustworthy relationship with him.
Pros
Free lunches, Team Building activitives, Workout/Yoga classes daily
Cons
lack of communication with upper management

Want to know more about Peak 10, Inc.?

Ask a question
Pretty good
Sr. Infrastructure Hosting Engineer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2015
Not bad, good culture, not sure what its like now. Was there several years ago. Im sure many changes have take place. They renovated the office. Good managers.
TAA team lead (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 2, 2015
Great place to work, great upper management, Family environment, fast paced and always moving. I loved working here always a chance to move up just like any job takes time and hard work.
Pros
Great learning environment, Fun, Family feeling
Cons
Work/life balance
Stay away !!!
VP of Operations / Sr. Cloud Architect (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2015
This is a company that has a management team that is out of touch with reality. In my brief time there, I witnessed an unhealthy culture based on upper-management for lack of a better word bullying to get people to do their job. The only problem with that is, upper management didn't possess the knowledge of how to create high performing teams and felt bullying would make things happen. This company will never break out of the small business category for this reason alone.
Pros
Cons
Upper management's style of dealing with employees
Productive fun and felt like family
Technical Assistance Associate Team Lead- I (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 5, 2015
My typical work day was going through and checking the facility, answering phone call, managing the ticket queue, creating a work flow for my team. The skills I have acquired here will continue with me in both my personal and professional life. Just based on our values alone Teamwork, Respect, Urgency, Humility,Openness, Professionalism and Expertise that is something that will stay with me.Our managers were a great example of our values they followed them and lived them every day setting a great example for their teams.
Pros
Fast paced, the people, enviroment
Cons
Work/life balance
Review
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2015
Wonderful Company !!! Great Leadership Team. Balanced Work/Life Balance. Flexible Hours. Very helpful team members, and supportive when sick or need to go on a vacation. I learned that culture is what people make it. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your boss acknowledges your work efforts.
Pros
Great Management & Balanced Work/Life Balance
Stay AWAY !!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 21, 2014
This is the absolute worst company I've ever worked for. Glad I'm no longer there.
Pros
Cons
Upper Mgmt.
Diverse work environment
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2013
Enjoyable co-workers, lack of on the job training, flexibility with work scheduling, direct management was good but higher level management was lacking in communication. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with others and fixing issues and resolving problems.
Pros
Flexibility, Co-workers
Cons
Compensation
It's all about the customer
Regional Services Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2012
Customer satisfaction is the most important thing no matter what it takes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak 10, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight