Peak Campus Employee Reviews

Good benefits but poor management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2018
Worked for the company for more than two years and had difficulty communicating with corporate management about job security. When it was time for the property to be sold I felt I had a good chance at staying with the new company but was let go without any proper warning.
Benefits
Cons
Communication, Job security and no job advancement
Hourly pay
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 29, 2018
Hourly pay is terrible. $8/hr is really not much for you to live off of if you guys arent leasing. Our price went up rather quickly so it was hard to lease coming into the new year. We ended up getting a new manager and he is actually great. He came in and made HUGE changes in our property. I can say that was the best decision peak has ever made. And he also got us a raised bonus, ($45/lease) which is great! But now you have employees who get jealous if your leasing and would try to take your lease and make it seem as if they were first point of contact. Its really not worth the headache but it is a great experience to work to start off in like the retail field!!
Pros
Great bonus pay, new management, fun activites
Cons
Hourly pay, drama, sneaky employees
Fun workplace
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2018
Not much room for advancement nor are raised given to corporate employees. Perks and bonuses are preferred to be given to field (properties / Regional Managers). Hardest part of my job is work load and lack of structure
Cannot have a family/kids etc - they give no time for life
Operations Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Upper management has no boundaries for your personal time. You are expected to work via email/phones, etc 24/7. HR allows management to bully the employees. You are just another number not a person.
Pros
They pay very well
Cons
The only pay very well because the benefits are extremely expensive
Best company to work for
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Peak has been the best company that I have worked for. The company has flexible schedules and great work/life balance. The company is dedicated to its employees and offer a great amount of benefits.
Horrible Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 27, 2018
Started as a complete newbie , with a very big desire to learn . Work rules changed , all the time without you knowing what has changed , and what expectations were being expected from you . The supervisor never taught me anything beyond super basic maintenance, like cleaning out drains , putting towel bars up , unclogging toilets, was never given the opportunity to learn more . The supervisor and lead tech were super buddy buddy and would frequently go off property for periods of time without clocking out for it . I had to do power washing and sweeping all around the property all the time never rotated with the other technician. All the residents will call their parents if they find the most minor thing wrong with their apt, then the parents come and what everything in the apt brand new . Got fired because they had no more use for me at the property. Avoid this place it isn't worth the hassle
Pros
Pool people, general easy maintenance
Cons
Bad benefits, bad bosses, over privileged tennants
Great place to work but little advancement on the west coast
Lease-Up Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 7, 2018
I started with Peak Campus 8 years ago and have enjoyed my time working with some amazing people. Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of turnover here and it concerns me.
Pros
Culture, compensation, people
Cons
Little advancement, too many operating systems, employee turnover
Not Worth The Pay
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXFebruary 10, 2019
First off, if you live on the property they only give you rent discount if you are full time. Second, the turn over rate for any position is terribly fast. I witnessed corporate play mind games on people in the office daily. There is no organization and questions to corporate never get answered, leaving everyone in the office clueless with very angry residents. Policies got changed what felt on a weekly basis, leaving the residents even angrier. There was a complete lack of communication with everyone involved. I was hired in a very quick manner and nothing was thoroughly discussed. I feel that everyone within the office needs to be paid more that what they are being paid for what has to be dealt with. Very unprofessional overall.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Lack of communication, untrustworthy corporate office
Terrible Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 17, 2019
Working for this specific peak property was one of the most miserable job experiences I have ever had. As a part time employee, there was not respect for my time working 30+ hours per week when I was hired to do 15-20 hours per week. My free time when I was not scheduled was not actually my own because I was expected to be on call and available at all times.I was written up or threatened to be written up if I did not come to work on my day off if they requested it regardless of my scheduling conflict. My immediate manager was verbally and mentally abusive when she felt her authority was threatened. Letting us know that we were readily replaceable if we couldn't meet our assigned leasing numbers. There were also several times where we were asked to participate in shady business practices.. Normally, I would attribute this as an anomaly and pertain to that manager specific, however since leaving, the company has since then promoted that manager several times for her exceeding the peak expectations and values.The job itself was not complicated or stressful by any means, but the management made the work environment hellish.
Pros
rent discount
Cons
no breaks, shady, terrible management
Bad maintenance supervisor
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 17, 2018
The maintenance supervisor did very little work. Spent more time with the VP and going on 2 hours lunches with he actually came into the garage. All he would do is complain about how he is overworked and underpaid and yell and scream at people for no reason. Very poor management. The only time he wanted to work is to handle complaint and complained to the residence about his employees and how he is the only one that knows how to do anything around their.
Pros
The company overall is a good place to work
Cons
Lack of oversight
Buyers Beware
NATIONAL FACILITIES AND CAPITAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Burn and Turn Company. Work is expected to be your life both in and out of the office. No work life balance. while they pay well they defiantly squeeze every drop out.
Pros
salary
Cons
work life balance
Terrible management/unethical company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 6, 2018
I definitely do no recommend this company to anyone! Absolutely terrible upper management and corporate was oblivious to how terrible and overworked the employees were. Worked on average 70-80 hours a week which for the amount of hours your expected to work pay is terrible. Very unethical company. They do not care about their employees.
Pros
Cons
Work load, management, corporate
Not a place to end up
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2019
Good place to start/ or if you do not have a degree. No career advancement and low pay if you have a degree/ experience.

Management is a joke and I do not know how most upper employees got there. Most questions got answered with “I don’t know” or “call someone else”.
There is a huge division between corporate and site level. Most corporate employees treat you like peasants and like youre a means to an end. Corporate employees don’t know anything about your property but are quick to point a finger when something goes wrong.

Day to day is extremely stressful. High sales goals but those are manageable. The bad part of the job is the actual work itself. 1 simple task takes 5 separate tasks to get done. Put information into a spreadsheet to put into a datebase to submit to property manager to be submitted to regional for you to put back into a different spreadsheet just to be told after you did it wrong or there was no point to do it that way.

Lease hawk is the CRM system they use along with Onesite and most of the time something is wrong with them. Online leasing is messed up and most of the time you have to rely on paper leasing. Office phones and emails consistently go down.

Training and advancement is also a joke. Trainers come to your property to “train” you but mostly sit on their computers or lock themselves in an office and are rude when asked a question.

I would not recommend this company over other management companies. Pick someplace else.
Pros
More Paid holidays than other places
Cons
Stressful, disrespect, and frustrating policies.
Don't waste your time
Apartment Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 9, 2019
The corporate office will surely ignore every single one of your property's problems, and blame your incredibly low residency count on team morale or work ethics. They're ignorant and rude, and will bully everyone until the team has no energy left to fight back.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Horrible corporate management, no trust from the higher-ups
Poor Property Manager
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2018
If you work for any other location other than the CWE location in MO you will have a much better experience than I had.

The property management would make you feel completely small in front of the entire team.

Because the property manager was always stressed about personal things, the energy passed down to the rest of the team and made it difficult to create a high energy and fun work environment. It was if the property manager would take out her stress on the team, instead of leaving it at the door.

I loved the management company, the tenants, the leasing team and maintenance. It was the property manager that was the issue. If the property manager was different, Im pretty sure i'd probably still be with the company.
Pros
The managment comapny itself is awesome and supportive
Cons
CWE Property Manager makes you feel very small and stressed
Amazing Company
Leasing Consultant(Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2018
Love everything about Peak. Fast and growing, awesome corporate team, even the CEO is down to earth. Nobody makes you feel little, everybody helps you get to where you want to be. This company is amazing and I hope everybody can find a love for their company like I love working for Peak
Peak is given the best place to work award for a reason
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 6, 2018
A typical day at work is filled with great connections with all areas of the company. There is no one group or person that an employee does not feel connected to. The welcome for new employees and the ease of the new hire process is second to none. By the time your first day rolls around you feel like you have been a part of the team for years. When you need help, they willing and graciuosly supply it and the processes that are in place are very helpful.
Pros
Networking- fun environment
Cons
long hours for managers
Good company but I never fet secure
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INOctober 13, 2018
It was a good company but we went through 5 or 6 managers in 3 years. In the end I was terminated when I got a complaint from a girl who didn't like me handling her clothes when she had her machine packed 3 times as much as it should be. Then after I knocked Like I should and went in I stated I had to grab a tool and would be back in 1 minute, they left the door ajar I announced hello Before entering again this is why.
Pros
Plenty of pto
Cons
Serious maintenance issues
Experience varies depending on location
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 30, 2018
Peak Campus is overall a great company that provides mostly fair compensation and enjoyment in a workplace. This experience however depends on your location. I have worked long-term at two properties and was sent to a few more to assist temporarily. My experience varied per property. The Peak Campus mindsets are not shared nation-wide as they should be.
Unreliable and Stressful
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2017
The job requirements itself are easy to meet and daily life as a leasing consultant should be relatively simple with little to no hiccups. Under Peak Campus Management, everything was a nightmare. Total lack of organization and leadership skills coming from the managing staff. People are not treated equal under Peak Campus, tons of favoritism and bending of the rules for people who are on managements good side. Regional Management makes promises they cannot keep and fail to follow up with residents and employees. Pay was good, and commission at the property I worked at was even better. Benefits were fair as well. Other than that, BEWARE of this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Campus. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight