Peak Campus Employee Reviews

Poor Management
University Edge, Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
This was a very unprofessional work environment. The managers gossiped, leasing consultants did the jobs of janitors and we were paid minimum wage. They have a high turnover of employees because working there is not a great experience.
Poor Property Manager
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2018
If you work for any other location other than the CWE location in MO you will have a much better experience than I had.

The property management would make you feel completely small in front of the entire team.

Because the property manager was always stressed about personal things, the energy passed down to the rest of the team and made it difficult to create a high energy and fun work environment. It was if the property manager would take out her stress on the team, instead of leaving it at the door.

I loved the management company, the tenants, the leasing team and maintenance. It was the property manager that was the issue. If the property manager was different, Im pretty sure i'd probably still be with the company.
Pros
The managment comapny itself is awesome and supportive
Cons
CWE Property Manager makes you feel very small and stressed
Best company to work for
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Peak has been the best company that I have worked for. The company has flexible schedules and great work/life balance. The company is dedicated to its employees and offer a great amount of benefits.
Cannot have a family/kids etc - they give no time for life
Operations Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Upper management has no boundaries for your personal time. You are expected to work via email/phones, etc 24/7. HR allows management to bully the employees. You are just another number not a person.
Pros
They pay very well
Cons
The only pay very well because the benefits are extremely expensive
Fun, productive & encouraging
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 19, 2018
I loved my job at a Peak Campus property. I loved the room for growth and the atmosphere of the office. I loved learning about leasing and resident needs.
Pros
Parties, Free Lunches & Discounts
Cons
Busy, outdoor marketing & following-up
Peak is given the best place to work award for a reason
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 6, 2018
A typical day at work is filled with great connections with all areas of the company. There is no one group or person that an employee does not feel connected to. The welcome for new employees and the ease of the new hire process is second to none. By the time your first day rolls around you feel like you have been a part of the team for years. When you need help, they willing and graciuosly supply it and the processes that are in place are very helpful.
Pros
Networking- fun environment
Cons
long hours for managers
Hourly pay
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 29, 2018
Hourly pay is terrible. $8/hr is really not much for you to live off of if you guys arent leasing. Our price went up rather quickly so it was hard to lease coming into the new year. We ended up getting a new manager and he is actually great. He came in and made HUGE changes in our property. I can say that was the best decision peak has ever made. And he also got us a raised bonus, ($45/lease) which is great! But now you have employees who get jealous if your leasing and would try to take your lease and make it seem as if they were first point of contact. Its really not worth the headache but it is a great experience to work to start off in like the retail field!!
Pros
Great bonus pay, new management, fun activites
Cons
Hourly pay, drama, sneaky employees
Productive & fun workplace with a chill atmosphere
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 25, 2018
I learned most about Marketing while working for Peak Campus. Overall, the company was great but I don't agree with the leasing process. I feel like a lot of things could've been improved.
Peak is wonderful!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 22, 2018
I love Peak - I've never felt so at home. The training department and programs is unmatched. They strongly work to promote from within and retain the people. My supervisors have always been great, and good communicators. You definitely get a bit of red tape here and there, and sometimes I get annoyed with busywork and micromanagement, but I also understand that there have to be standards.

I'm a strong supporter of the home office crew, and I've loved the vast majority of my co-workers.
Professional workplace with great management.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 21, 2018
I came into a slump of the season for leases and quickly met our regional manager, as well as national leasing specialists. While they you learn a lot about what you do for a job but also the company you are a part of. Great company to be a part of if you are full time or a part time college student.
Pros
Guaranteed breaks and very flexible.
Cons
Low pay
Great place to work but little advancement on the west coast
Lease-Up Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 7, 2018
I started with Peak Campus 8 years ago and have enjoyed my time working with some amazing people. Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of turnover here and it concerns me.
Pros
Culture, compensation, people
Cons
Little advancement, too many operating systems, employee turnover
Buyers Beware
NATIONAL FACILITIES AND CAPITAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Burn and Turn Company. Work is expected to be your life both in and out of the office. No work life balance. while they pay well they defiantly squeeze every drop out.
Pros
salary
Cons
work life balance
Work is your Life
National Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Or at least it is expected to be. Burn and turn company but pay decent. The Culture is good but most positions are for single people not much work life balance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work life balance
Peak Campus - Campus Circle
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILApril 13, 2018
I worked as a maintenance technician at Campus Circle for a little over a year. The leasing office could be a drama show at times, with the consultants competing for leases. Overall, the maintenance manager and property manager are relaxed as long as you are doing your job. Stay busy and don't let them tell you things more than once.

Generally, the whole team tries to have fun and makes it a great place to work.
Pros
Maintenance manager is a cool dude, free food during turn, team-competitive environment
Cons
Long hours in the summer time, on call for maintenance, wealthy tenants
Great temporary job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2018
There's not a lot of opportunity to genuinely contribute to the overall goals of the organization. I've had a mix of great experiences and poor ones. Overall it's simply average.
I love Peak!
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Multiple locationsMarch 7, 2018
Peak Campus is a great company. I love the culture, the policies, the people, and all of our properties! It's always a challenge.

I love being able to move to different properties in different states in different positions. I've been with the company for almost 5 years and I love each and every day I'm here!

The hardest part of the job is being able to juggle all of the hats you wear each day. Some days you might be at a housing fair and others you might be troubleshooting on the property. The key is prioritizing and staying organized. Ask for help if you need it!

I have had many different managers which has taught me to work WITH people - not against or FOR. I never felt like I was working for one single person, but instead TOWARDS a goal! :)

Work here if you love challenges, a great company culture, and a home office that actually cares when you have a problem.

The real money is in the bonuses - so lease up and you'll be golden.
Pros
Living on site, trainings, support, weekly calls
Cons
Can be stressful if you do not prioritize!
so/so
Full Time Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 6, 2018
I love the company and what they stand for i just feel that the mangement i had wasnt the best but the best thing about this company was they look out for there employees.
Horrible Place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 27, 2018
Started as a complete newbie , with a very big desire to learn . Work rules changed , all the time without you knowing what has changed , and what expectations were being expected from you . The supervisor never taught me anything beyond super basic maintenance, like cleaning out drains , putting towel bars up , unclogging toilets, was never given the opportunity to learn more . The supervisor and lead tech were super buddy buddy and would frequently go off property for periods of time without clocking out for it . I had to do power washing and sweeping all around the property all the time never rotated with the other technician. All the residents will call their parents if they find the most minor thing wrong with their apt, then the parents come and what everything in the apt brand new . Got fired because they had no more use for me at the property. Avoid this place it isn't worth the hassle
Pros
Pool people, general easy maintenance
Cons
Bad benefits, bad bosses, over privileged tennants
productive and fun workplace
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKFebruary 25, 2018
It is all a competition on how many leases we can bring in. It is very fast-paced, always have stuff we need to be doing. I have learned how to put together a lease and the components of a lease. Management is very good here. They are always very helpful.
Experience varies depending on location
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 30, 2018
Peak Campus is overall a great company that provides mostly fair compensation and enjoyment in a workplace. This experience however depends on your location. I have worked long-term at two properties and was sent to a few more to assist temporarily. My experience varied per property. The Peak Campus mindsets are not shared nation-wide as they should be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Campus. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.