Peak Living Employee Reviews

Lack of advancements but full of false promises.
Employee (Former Employee) –  TNNovember 25, 2018
Between the constant change in upper management, lies to residents, and unpaid vendors, this place is a mad house. Job security is zero because the second they think you are "plotting against" them then you will be fired or forced to quit by a management staff that will make you feel insufficient and unable to perform to their standards. I enjoyed my job when I first started but at this point, I cannot continue to lie to myself and my residents. Plus management cannot keep up with your hours and pay you correctly.
Pros
family like atmosphere
Cons
High-school like politics, constant change of management, pay loss, lack of lunch breaks, lack of support
I would not recommend Peak Living to my DOG!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2018
The most racist and biased company I've ever worked for. The typical day was constant harassment with no one to talk to about the situation. Sad!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Love my job
Management (Current Employee) –  UtahAugust 6, 2018
Have worked with Peak for five years. Love the people I work with and work for. Love the culture and the fun environment. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun, fast paced, growing company.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, people you work with
Cons
Selling sites in some areas
Great Place to Work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  OregonJuly 31, 2018
Working at Peak will be the greatest decision you've made. Middle and Upper management care about their employees and they work hard to to help you succeed in your chosen career path. You're not just a number, but a person they care about.
Pros
Benefits and Working Environment
Cons
Slow advancement to higher positions
Great growing company
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 30, 2018
Peak Living is a growing company which offers many advancement opportunities. I have worked with the company just shy of 2 years and in that time they have acquired 4 new properties in our region. They have a great online support team that responds within 24-48 hours to issues regarding yardi, accounting, training, HR, IT, and marking support. They also have a Peak Cares program where disgruntled residents can call and talk to upper management which takes a lot of pressure off the onsite team. The company and my supervisor is always recognizing employees for their efforts. My direct supervisor has always been so approachable and helpful in anything I need to learn. I'm excited to see the company continue to grow!
Pros
Excellent support
Cons
Growing pains, sometimes growing too fast is hard and new policies and practices are rolled out too soon.
A great company to work for!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 30, 2018
Working at Peak Living has opened my eyes to a new way of running a company. They understand that there's a ton of stress onsite and they help by standing behind you when needed. This family type environment has been great! We support and guide one another as we continue to grow. Working as a team is a must and Peak Living understands that!
Don't do it
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARJuly 13, 2018
Sad company to work for I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for them they don't care about fixing anything because they don't want to purchase the material to get the job done and management is a joke. All I can say is run from them they don't care about residents concern or nothing
Pros
A check
Cons
Everything they tell you
Great Company!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahJuly 12, 2018
The overall culture of Peak Living is one that I have always been drawn to. To upper management, you are not just a number. Hard work is recognized and there is room for advancement.
love it
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 26, 2018
I never had any problems with staff just minded my business and did my work. it was a pretty chill job I had no problems the only reason I left because the complex switched management companies
Only if your desprate
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 14, 2018
Plain and Simple , corporate office does Not care about there properties nor their employees . They will try to slit your throat . If you speak up for yourself they will dump you on the sidewalk .
Pros
a pay check
Cons
Everything else
Awesome company to work for!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 22, 2018
Amazing support from RM & CEO. Everyone at corporate office is easily accessible to help with anything you need. Regional manager is always available and very support. CEO is very approachable, down to earth and listens to on site teams.
Pros
Ceo, benefits, corporate support
Cons
work life balance
Horrible company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahMay 2, 2018
Company doesn’t care about employees or residents they only care about staying on budget. You don’t get overtime pay and they promised monthly and quarterly bonuses that you will never see. They only care about taking care of people in upper management. No one seems to know how to do their job and your forced to try to work with management that won’t let you spend any money to get anything fixed correctly or in a timely manner. Overall an extremely negative experience working for them I strongly recommend anyone seeking employment avoid them at all costs.
Cons
Pay, management
All about money, not their employees or residents.
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 25, 2018
I would not work for Peak Living. They do not allow you to do your job and micro manage to the extreme. Cannot buy items to fix apartments or make readies without being scrutinized. Do not want to fix anything that will cost them thousands of dollars, would rather stay in budget than fix anything. Care more getting their bonuses by staying in budget than fix anything. Overall Peak Living is a company for investors not the employee or the tenant.
Pros
Fair pay and benefits.
Cons
Micro Manages and rather stay in budget than fix anything.
Great company!
Property Manager-228 units -Shawnee KS (Current Employee) –  ShawneeMarch 7, 2018
Great company! Good people. They care about their employees and RM & RVP Great to work with. Pay it forward type of Company! Will stay with them as long as they will have me !
It was a great experience.
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 20, 2018
I was only at the company for about a year. It was a great company to work for at the little time that I was there. I really did not to spend a lot of time getting to know a lot about the company. Over all it was a great experience.
Fun and busy
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 6, 2018
I really enjoy working here. It is a very welcoming atmosphere. I have learned a lot working here. Peak is a continuously growing company. I highly recommend employment here.
experiencing growing pains
Capital Project Manager - East (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 25, 2018
very top down controlled
good people to work with but major growing pains
expanding at a pace unable to sustain without adding additional personnel and financial resources
A pleasant group of people to work for.
Temp. Leasing Agent in Training (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32505November 30, 2017
I liked the job but I am used to a more fast paced environment. Food service is more exciting and physical than a Leasing Consultant is. I also like waiting tables because of the daily money.
Pros
Only day time work. No nights.
Cons
Pay structure is hard to pay bills and keep a functional living going, We only got paid twice a month
Worst company I've ever worked for
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 25, 2017
Home office is disorganized, they pay their vendors 90 days late (so late vendors quit working for you), their "leadership" has no clue how to lead, you get no real training, and they continually undermine your ability to get anything done onsite.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, don't give you tools you need to be successful
Not good company to work for
Service Manager/Technician (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTFebruary 1, 2017
Management does not communicate well with others. They discriminate against you of someone don't like you. They don't pay OT and don't pay on call pay.
Pros
Non
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Living. Our community is ready to answer.