PEAK OILFIELD SERVICES Employee Reviews

boring no lighting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 16, 2018
Answer phones all day, they didn't teach the receptionist anything at treated them like they were below others. Hardest part was dealing with ungrateful people. The most enjoyable was when I got a break.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great Place
Maxi-Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  North Slope, AKMarch 20, 2018
Great place to work for. They are concerned about morale and safety and do their best to make you feel at home when you are away and on the road. I would work for them again if a contract came up.
Enjoyable work place.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Geary, OKMarch 19, 2018
Plenty of work. Busy . Lots of equipment. Friendly Co Workers. Good Supervisors. If your lazy,don't apply here, go to McDonald's instead. If your hard working and have a brain,you have a future here.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Its what you make it.
Poor place to work
Assistant Operator-Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Milne Point, AKFebruary 22, 2018
They treat there workers like just numbers. had to fight to get any of our PPE and they would never work with us on anything. its all politics and you could lose your job just so they can fill it with a kid of one of the bosses.
Overtime Galore
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Great job, always busy and always something to do on the field or in the shop. Hours were always available and great benefits. Rig ups and rigs down kept me busy and kept the day going.
unpredictable hours . plenty of work without proper pay
Lead Field Service Tech/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 16, 2018
The job is a typical oilfield job as for the amount of hours you put in on a daily basis. the per hourly rate they pay compared to other businesses is not up to average. the company does supply techs with a company vehicle and allows them to take it home, which is a plus.it is not a stagnant job as you go to a different location every day.
Pros
company truck, paid vacation, plenty of work
Cons
low pay scale, unpredictable, no training
roustabout
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Nikiski, AKNovember 29, 2017
I learned a great deal about welding pipe together on the Swanson river pipeline job. While working on different platforms I learned about tides and my own former fear of heights and other environmental factors
Pros
Good pay
Cons
long winter days
Started off great...
HSE Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nikiski, AKNovember 13, 2017
When the parent native company BBNC decided to flex its muscle everything went downhill. A month after I was laid off my entire department was closed then 16 more people defected to a competing company.
Pros
Pay was good and job WAS enjoyable
Cons
Bbnc
Unorganized, outdated back office software,
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenai, AKOctober 29, 2017
The Nikiski business unit was completely unorganized, had outdated software. They did not have a current back office system software system such as Oracle or Purchasing Contracts in place.
man camp setting
Tank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Valdez, AKOctober 13, 2017
working 7 months strait no days off good pay but it was hard to be away from home for 7 months at a time being married with 2 children it was hard to balance life/work
Pros
good pay
Cons
work/life balance
Competitive
Operator/driver (Former Employee) –  Alpine, AKSeptember 26, 2017
The ice road job is good but hard to get advancement from the bosses. They have their people that have worked for them and the people really don’t help to advance. Time away is long but hours are good to money up.
Pros
Passive work environment
Cons
Away from home and jobs are competitive
Sorry I worked there
Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2017
Attempted to help out, by using own tools. DO NOT use own tools, under any circumstances!!!!!! Notified Managers about missing tools, nothing done about it. Wrote email to President, not even a common courtesy to respond. Such professionalism at its best.
Pros
Work alone often
Cons
Away from family a lot, Company CC maxed out continually.
great place to work.
Pipe Welder Helper (Former Employee) –  Kenai, AKAugust 15, 2017
I had a great time working for this establishment. I was a welder/fitter while working here and I enjoyed working in this environment tremendously. I would work here again.
Pros
north slope work
great
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Dilley, TXAugust 10, 2017
great place to work good employers, with great benefits. Job is not hard, great paced environment. Location being far from home otherwise good place of employment.
ok place
C.D.L. Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 3, 2017
You get lots of hours. It's oilfield work. If you are reading this then you know what I mean. Company men sometimes can be a pain, but overall it was a good experience. I would go back if they wanted me to.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no advancement, on-call
Cut my teeth in the oil field
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Cook Inlet, AKJune 23, 2017
Peak was my first oil field employer and I found them to be faithful and attentive to their employees needs often even going up against the client hiring their contract employees in the interest of safety and pay. I worked my way up from welders helper to Operator with them and also got my A.S. degree while working full time for them.
Pros
Kept us working in times of lean operations and were always fair
Cons
Being a contract employee you are first to go when oil prices drop
Productive and get the job done
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 9, 2017
Peak is a good place to work . U get ur hrs plus and the ppl are hard working. U have to be open minded ,willing to give ur all to work there. The bosses make sure the work is done . Its fast pace . They teach u as you go. Great work environment. You work late at time but the money is good. Let's put it this if u don't like hard work and long hrs it's not for u . But if u live money it is. It can get rough at times but it's well worth it. Just follow rules and directions to where tour location is and your good to go. Peak is a awesome job to have. Love it there.
Pros
Good health care and benifits
They are Okay
Roust/ Laborer (Former Employee) –  Nikiski, AKApril 25, 2017
Good work place. Fun, interactive, easy to get along. Fun learning environment, gained excellent knowledge of the trade. Employer takes care of his employees
fact"not"-Just opinion that Peak has the easiest, yet highest level job saftey and punctualality expectations all must set.
Welders Helper,-Roust- Rigger..grunt. (Former Employee) –  Baluga-granite point-nikiski shop.March 2, 2017
Ive obtained more than 3yrs w/peak. Welders hlp..riggn ..drll suppt etc. Not one time did i have or observe ONE conflict or otherwise unsafe act..they got resolved by fresh tsa minds and formen who could actually encourage.
Pros
Great environment all around workwise. Saftey really is in place.
Cons
Having to pay for cits card as well as t.w.i.c..450.00$
Good Company
Lead Facility Technician (BALL MILL Facility) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99503January 14, 2017
Stable safe work environment, considering all the lay offs in the oil industry.
The management doesn't seem to handle relations as well as should be expected with the client.