Peak Performers Employee Reviews

Good staffing agency
Program Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Peak Performers was able to place me on a temp to hire assignment with a State Agency. However, if you are of retirement age and have many years of prior state agency work experience your name may be on a Reprocity list from a 2015 lay off for some state agencies to never rehire you to prevent you from retiring. I did not get picked up at that state agency. My career goal to go back to state agency to continue my career and retire.
Pros
Peak offers good health plan while
Cons
if you do not get picked up, you are unemployed again and looking for work again.
Nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasDecember 13, 2018
I was a temporary employee and went to a variety of state agencies and performed office/clerical work on a temporary or long-term temporary basis and enjoyed working with the various offices.
Peak
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2018
They give you jobs with the chance to be hired in a government job to advance in a great future. They try to match you with the best job available. Every location I was placed in had great people and lots of work to be done very limited overtime if any tough. That is how government jobs are they try to keep overtime to a minimum.
Pros
Pros Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Cons Some jobs are strictly temporary, but that comes with the temporary job not all jobs are long assignments.
Productive Workplace
Podcast Editor/Producer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
A typical day of work includes managing other people that I've hired (via Upwork , Fiverr, etc) to do tasks in which I have created the systems. I also manage a VA who does whatever I cannot. From there, I report directly to the CEO.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Decision-Making
Cons
No Benefits, Not enough compensation
Nice Environment
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEJune 27, 2018
Had to acquire my own assignments. This made it difficult to focus on the work of servicing the contractors. Other than the aforemetioned, it was a pleasant place to work .
Great place for a job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2018
They give you jobs with the chance to be hired in a government job to advance in a great future. They try to match you with the best job available. Every location I was placed in had great people and lots of work to be done very limited overtime if any tjough. That is how government jobs are they try to keep overtime to a minimum.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Temp Agency
Program Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2018
This is a temp agency that sends people out for contracted assignments that are mostly with Texas state agencies.
There is no sick leave benefits.
You are not paid for holidays.
If the state agency is closed for a holiday, you can not work and do not get paid.
Health benefits kick in after a number of months and you only have this while you are continually working. If you are out of work for more than 2 weeks, you lose your health coverage. Health benefits payments are taken out of your weekly paycheck.
Assignments are quickly assigned and are regular.
Foot in the door
Contractor for Texas DPS (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2018
They work around your schedule needs to make sure that they are complying with the department needs along with your own. It allows you the flexibility to get accomplished what is needed along with exploring other options if needed.
Cons
So many state holidays that cut into your work week time available.
Learned new skills
Temporary employee, I review documents (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 4, 2018
Great place to go for temporary assignments. The pay is only $10 an hour for most jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and gaining experience to help you get a better job. The hardest part of the job is leaving your new friends.
Pros
New job skills
Cons
Low pay per hour
Great Place to Work
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with Peak Performers. They made sure that I never ran out of work and the pay was amazing!!! Whenever I needed to take off for a personal matter, the company was very understanding and even called to make sure that I was okay. Great atmosphere and wonderful employees!!!
It was ok
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2017
This job can be boring. A lot of data entry and filling paperwork. It was nice working downtown by the capital and having lunch in the garden, but there is not much growth potential here.
Great place to find tempoary work
Program Specialist V (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2017
This is a really great place to find temporary work. The jobs are in Texas State government agencies. Health benefits have been good so far but the provider is changing for 2018. Once you are assigned to a job, you cannot advance in the company even if you perform extremely well. You cannot get more money as a general rule.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Very little benefits and no paid time off
Part time employee
temp. Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MIDecember 2, 2017
Peak was a great employer I would recommend Peak to anyone looking for a temp service for employment. The management group was always professional which made for a professional work environment.
Pros
Great Management team
Cons
N/a
Temporary Government Staffing
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
They are a great foot in the door to state service. It's hard to judge working conditions at Peak because your don't work for them, you work for a government office. It depends on the department you work for to determine the culture, pay, balance, etc.
productive and fun work place
Administrative Assistance lV (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
great agency to work for, if looking for a state job this is the right place to go to for seeking a job . i started as a temp for 3 years and became permanent at vital static
Job Placement Company
Executive Assistant/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Given that Peak Performers is a temp to hire company that places special needs individuals in diverse corporations, I have no regrets working with them. They gave me my first taste of a managerial position and I found that I loved it. Molding these individuals into a working, productive team was the highlight of my life. I sought higher education in the field of management because of my encounter with the opportunity presented to me here.
Pros
Diverse job openings, entry level to proficient placement
Cons
No aptitude examinations, hit or miss placement
Good temp placement
Administrative Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2017
Peak performers is a great company that matched me with some killer state jobs. My only problem is that I should have been hired by the matching state jobs or receive benefits from Peak Performers.
A vitally-needed resource
Seasonal tax professional/Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2017
I struggle with a disability, in the form of what *used* to be called, "Asperger's Syndrome." This has caused employment problems all of my life, especially with regard to long-term jobs, or those with benefits and stability. Peak Performers has a desirable specialty, both in working with the disabled and in finding them jobs with the state, ideally with an eye towards the long term.
The first year I worked with them, they found me a job within a week of my old job ending and had me back AT work in a month. When that job ran out, they found a new one at the same place, the very next day, and thus kept me employed well into the summer.
Their office is a conveniently located, beautiful space in the Triangle, with ready parking for both bikes and cars (I'm a bike commuter), and high-quality equipment and assessment services.
Good if you only want to work for a state department.
Accountant level 2 throughout employment (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2017
If you want a job with the state department, this is a good start. Pay is not great. Assignments are at their option. Expect to not be accepted with any enthusiasm at your assigned office. Peak Performer employees do not have a good reputation with being reliable and you will have to prove yourself early on.
Pros
You can reach your recruiter easily.
Cons
Assignments are short and you can not pick or chose where you go.
Wonderful Company
License and Permit Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2017
Were it not for Peak performance, I would have never been able to gain my position with the State of Texas. The company was efficient in their review of my skills, and was able to land me in a position within a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Performers. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3