Peak View Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Would not recommend
Mental Health Technician (MHT) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2018
The company is crooked and is ore concerned about getting money than actually caring for patients. The work environment runs off social status - if you aren't attached to the manager's hip then you will do everyone else's job. The site was also infested with bed bugs that they refused to get rid of. They have been reported to state many times but nothing ever comes of it. Often patients are admitted who are inappropriate for the environment of just generally unsafe, however the hospital does not care about staff safety as much as they do about people willing to pay for the bed.
Pros
Opportunity to pick up extra hours
Cons
Crooked management
Great Place to Work
Director of Recreational Therapy (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 30, 2017
Peak View offers exceptional service to people in need of behavioral health support. The staff is caring, supportive and passionate. The facilities are new and well maintained.
Glad to be part of the Peak View Team
Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2017
My work at Peak View has been challenging and rewarding. The work environment is encouraging and focused on team efforts. Our work groups communicate well across service lines - admissions, clinical, nursing and case management work together to provide excellent patient care. I am continually impressed by the employee-friendly decisions and policies implemented by management. Peak View has been my best career experience thus far.
Pros
Work life balance, employee friendly policies
Cons
It can be challenging to work with psychiatric patients
Great place to gain experience and opportunity for advancement
Community outreach (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2017
Very rewarding place to work. As with any mental health position (and I've worked at a few mental health centers) Peakview is challenging at times but offers the opportunity to gain hands on experience working with a population in need and builds empathy for those who struggle. The culture has truly shifted in a positive direction over the last couple years and quality patient care is the overall mission. The various teams work cohesively with each other from Admissions to clinical to community outreach. There is great opportunity to advance should a person have that desire and I know this personally. Overall, best job I have ever had.
Pros
Supportive co-workers, opportunity for advancement, great pay
Cons
mental health can be a challenging but rewarding field
Fun workplace with really good pay!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2017
This hospital is great if you want to work somewhere other than a big hospital. As a nurse, I never wanted to work med-surg. This job has been fun and rewarding! The pay is so much better than any of the hospitals, and the scheduling is a lot more flexible. I would definitely recommend working here as a nurse.
Great Pay, Great Staff, Fun Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2017
I have worked at this facility for two years now and I love it. The staff support each other, the compensation is great, and the scheduling is flexible. I would definitely recommend this job for new grad nurses and for nurses just wanting a change of pace from a big hospital setting.
Pros
Pay, Flexibility, Scheduling, Environment
Cons
Staffing
Innovative-Great Staff, Upward Mobility , Teamwork
Current Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2017
I have worked for Peak View for the last five years and have been a part of the various cycles of growth and change. I have had the privilege of working in multiple departments and can tell you that the employees at every level are the most empathetic, compassionate, hard-working individuals that I have ever had the privilege to work along side of and because of this the patients at this facility receive outstanding services. I would trust these individuals with a loved one if they ever needed this level of care. The work environment is very rewarding and challenging at times due to the nature of the work. This company truly believes in promoting from within. This facility strives for excellence and believes in innovation and improvement for the benefit of the community that they serve. I see myself employed at Peak View for years to come and I appreciate the opportunity to work here today and everyday.
Pros
Cons
Behavioral Health is not for everyone
The environment at Peak View is positive and all about patient care.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 12, 2017
I have worked at Peak View for the past several years and I enjoy the environment and everyone I work with. I have worked for other organizations and by far Peak View cares about there patients and employees.
Pros
Great co-workers, Team atmospher and schedule
Cons
The field of behavioral health in general is stressfull but very rewarding.
Rewarding place to work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 11, 2017
The staff at Peak View is our strongest attribute. Everyone (regardless of the job they hold) contributes and looks out for one another. Dealing with behavioral health patients can be challenging at times but the staff supports one another and help each other get through even the toughest shifts. Staff has the resources and training needed to fulfill the obligations of the job. Overall, a safe and satisfying place to work with competitive salary and benefits for its team members.
Pros
Team work, staff, pay, benefits, a modern and well-kept facility
Cons
Can't think of any.
Mental health rehab center
Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  2335 Sisters Grove pkwy. Colorado Springs, COJuly 6, 2017
Worked 12 hour shifts as a CNA assisting and monitoring behaviors of patients . Reported to DON, Phychiatrists, counselors, case workers and physicians for updates of patients behaviors while on managed medications.
Worked with several mental diagnosises, alzheimers, dementia, and other mental health disorders.
Great RN staff , Doctors and case workers. Management has a lot of turnover, causing strife in the work place.
Pros
good benefits
Questionable...
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 12, 2017
This is the best job I've ever had, but it's very stressful both mentally and physically. The rumor mill is relentless and some management practices are questionable.
Pros
My wonderful coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, no room for advancement
Over worked, underpaid, and unethical workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 9, 2017
Not a great place to work. The turn over rate is extremely high and management are all corrupt and not caring towards patients.All of upper management commit unethical acts and back each other up. This place is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Extreme favoritism and grudges from the CEO for no reason what so ever.
Cons
Values driven culture with an exceptional ability to adapt and overcome difficult situations.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 3, 2017
An extremely rewarding job in a very challenging environment. Unique opportunity to give back to the community and to address potentially difficult societal demands.
Pros
Exceptional management team
Cons
Healthcare industry requirements can be difficult to manage
Good starting place
EMDR/Trauma Therapist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 2, 2017
Learning/training hospital, ideal for those looking to get into the field or wanting to obtain their license. Most people do not stay long after they obtain their license, if they remain there the entire time. There is a high turn over rate. Those in college or graduate school who are looking for a starting job with opportunity for growth and advancement can definitely find that opportunity here.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
High turn over
Great employees
Performance improvement and clinical trainer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 24, 2017
Employees were amazing and cared about the clients. Enriching learning environment. Fast paced and challenging depending on clientele. Management has its strengths and weaknesses. For profit
Pros
Caring staff
High Turnover in clinical staff
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2017
As a MHT employees are at high risk of being injured by patients. In the event an injury happens HR is unsupportive and will put employees on light duty that will make them miserable and want to quit. Management will under staff units including the Alzheimer's unit to make profit during low census. This puts patients and employees at risk for injury.
Amazing People
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 18, 2016
The people I worked with here are amazing. They care about all patients that come into the facility. I enjoyed getting to work with providers from other facilities. This company cares about their employees and is flexible with their employees home life. This is an amazing facility to work with.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Workload
I would give it a "fair" rating.
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 25, 2016
A typical day starts with rounds. Each therapist is assigned a population to work with in terms of presenting groups. They will also be assigned Intakes on that unit, family meetings, and discharges.

Training is provided, but they have a complicated TEIR system that requires many hours of practice to master. The working environment is crowded--5 therapist in a 6x12 work space.

My time was spent primarily in data entry.
Pros
$1/meal-food was quite good and nutritious . Short term stays:5-7 days
Cons
Due to the work environment (closed in small space, people talking, etc.) I found it difficult to concentrate, and focus.
Excellent care for patients
Educational Support (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 12, 2016
This job was informative and a great career choice for mental health experience.I worked first as a Mental Health Tech, then Educational Support and finally in Assessments.
Pros
Outpatient therapy/great experience
Cons
Slow to give salary increases
Ups and downs
Mental Health Technician/Lab Assistant/ (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 15, 2016
Like all work places has its ups and down. but has been good to me for as long as I have been there. There is of course pros and cons but i came to be able to handle the negative and dwell on positive. the job can be hard and can take some special people to stay at the job for so long. But i am thankful for what this job has taught me