Peak Vista Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hostile Work Environment
Care Team Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 16, 2018
I hope things have changed. Bullying and hostility from the 'Clinical Manager' that went unaccounted for. Hiring friends and relatives. Cliques. Manager encouraged staff to tattle on other employees - whether true statements or just plain made up. MAs lazy. Mean to each other. Really sad state of affairs.
great place to work
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 18, 2018
it was a long time ago that I worked at Peak Vista but I do remember it being a great place to work. Staff was so friendly and my manager was always there to help if needed.
Favoritism and Lack of support
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 9, 2018
The mission is amazing the rewarding feeling of helping those in need is great. However, management at the time is very "your my friend or your fried" mentality. Each employee is targeted as they disagree with management or voice an opinion. Often times fired for reasons that are made up and fraudulent.
Poor Excuse for "Executive Leadership"
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2018
Absolutely no boundaries texts at 5 am 830pm weekends for non urgent matters. There is a subculture of sabotage and distrust that starts from the top down. Friendships within departments that create a system of unbalanced accountability. Poor communication from the CEO down. save yourself the ulcers and keep looking because your objective which often flip flops from making providers happy to the importance of productivity will waiver back and forth every 6 months. If you are a poor sap who has no other choice but to be employed here, i suggest you keep great documentation.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
too many to list
Fun work place
Bilingual Customer Service Agent 1 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2018
Besr place I have worked for. Definitely take care of their employees.although fast paced really easy to get a hang od the job. Advanckng is easy and supervisors are great.
Pros
Free food and potlucks
Cons
Angry patients
The Peak Vista mission is why I love this place!
Management (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 13, 2018
We work hard and we have fun doing so. Our patients are appreciative and my co-workers and management seem to really care for all the right reasons. Sure Peak Vista has some issues, but what large company doesn't? Change is often, but necessary most of the time.
Pros
Beautiful clinics, great patients, and a fun place to work
Cons
Change
So much to say...
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Limon, COJanuary 23, 2018
Job looks great on the surface, management is extremely poor and use favoritism as a common tactic. No advancement for the majority of employees. Pay is not quite competitive.
Fun, Diverse, Exciting
Pharmacy Tech II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2018
I have been working at Peak Vista as a Pharmacy Tech for almost 5 years and I truly can say that it has been the best work experience that I could have ever asked for. I work Monday through Friday and have every weekend off (how many workplaces do you think would give that, not many). You get to meet all kinds of people with a variety of backgrounds and cultures. PTO hours accumulate super quick. Some days there is more work to do than others, just the same as any other work place. The Pharmacy Manager and Director are great people to work with, all of my co-workers are great people to work with, friendly and helpful. We have staff appreciation celebration (like having the Zoo opened just for us), each department gets moral funds to use as they want for example barbecues where you can bring your family and have a fun and enjoyable day with your co-workers. All and all I enjoy working here and recommend it to anybody.
Pros
Pto, weekends off, friendly
Cons
N/a
Horrible workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked management does not care about you neither does HR. All they care about is encounters they dont care about the patients. Favoritism is huge you will only get a promotion if you kiss up to management. Super stressful work place they constantly added new work on but no raises!! Doctors in pediatrics would literally complain about spanish speaking patients, just a horrible experience working there.
Pros
There are no pros
Short handed alot
Health Center's primary Sterilization technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2018
Most days the few of us that do show up end up working 2 and 3 jobs and its expected everyday. And it hard to get enough pto to take any time off. But the team members that are there work well to get the job done.
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
10 hour work day even when your slow
Good job
Patient Accounts Representative/Lab Biller (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2017
This was a good place to work. Job security is a little iffy, but if you are a good employee they will help you find another position within their company. Managers change around a lot so it's important to learn your job so you can help new managers coming in.
Great environment with a Nurturing staff to help you Advance
Customer Service Representative - Interpertations (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 15, 2017
Been working here for just over 3 months and my experience so far has been phenomenal. Everyone - from entry level to CEO - is extremely friendly. They want to push you to grow within and everyone around you helps with any and all situations that occur. This is my first call center environment and I personally really like it.
Pros
2 breaks and an hour lunch with great feedback from management
Cons
none!
Avoid
Care Team Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2017
If you are near homeless, on medicaid, unable to find a job anywhere else due to lack of experience, difficulty with the English language, or a recent history of poverty, that turns other companies off -- Peak Vista may be the place for you to start. Many current employees and managers have this background. Peak Vista patients often become employees.

However, if you are currently a professional or have sufficient experience to find employment elsewhere, by all mean do. Peak Vista is very poorly managed and a very unprofessional environment. Decisions are pursued which are in direct opposition to medical advise given by the Peak Vista medical staff (Chief MD, MDs and PAs). Management is "clique-ish" where decisions are not made by logic and sound business principles, but rather by a small group of "drinking buddies." If you disagree with this inner group (even in a professional manner) or simply aren't "liked" by them, you may well find your job in jeopardy. There have been many such cases.

If you are a nurse, Peak Vista is a "nursing career graveyard." You will find many openings. If you are desperate, it may be a good short term choice. However, there is great turnover, and for good reason. Avoid, Avoid. Avoid.
Pros
a good place for the desperate to start
Cons
too many to list
Productive and fun work enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80917December 7, 2017
Peak Vista was a great place to work and it's very family oriented.
A typical day at work starts with two hours of phone calls and then we go on break for 15 minutes. Then I take more calls for a few hours, then go to lunch, then take a few more hours of calls. Then I go on my last break. Then I take a few more hours of calls and then I go home.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Didn't get along with my supervisor
Absolute worst place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2017
I would never recommend this job to anyone! This whole company is garbage. The supervisors are petty and play favorites and will lie to keep some people down and cover up stuff to keep some people up high. If you try and speak out you will be retaliated against and no one will believe you. No one is ever held accountable for their actions so they will do whatever they want to you because they know that no one will say anything. Only work here if you enjoy working with a bunch of back stabbing teens who claim to be adults. Seriously do not work here.
Pros
Nothing out weighs how bad it is
Cons
Trust no one especially HR
Health Care Administrative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 1, 2017
A large healthcare company, with different locations in Colorado. With opportunity to learn and grow and great peer that I still miss, what is not to like about Peak Vista?
Managers and associates
Other (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2017
Managers and associates are quick to throw people under the bus for things they had nothing to do with. Everyone is out for themselves and no one cares about working as a team.
very stressful work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 23, 2017
THE worst job I have ever had. A non-profit organization that is very concerned about the number of encounters. Encounters being the key word; not concerned about patients but the NUMBER of patients. Employees are in sales; calling patients to make appointments or making sure a patient doesn't leave the building without a future appointment. Top heavy w VP's who like to micromanage. 6 VP's named in 1 year. Loss of 4 providers in 6 months; several employees who have been there for many years have left. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a VP who has too much power and likes to assert that power and not interested in working with employees to create a positive work environment. Best part of the job: knowing that I have made a difference in the lives of patients.
Pros
Cons
job expectations with a shortage of employees.
Horrible management all for management nothing for worker Bees
Worker bee (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 11, 2017
Don't work here turn over is extreme. 90%. They are terrible to the workers. Management is treated as absolute power. No empowerment to the line staff. No insurance for 3 months because turnover is so high. They don't want to give workers benefits because they don't stay. This is a health clinic by the way. People are here then gone... so many. They continue to be punitive instead of rewarding. Very cold company NO HEART at all. The employees are wonderful. We value each other. Nice wonderful worker bees.
Pros
Coworkers
great experience
Primary Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 27, 2017
This job provided great work experience. However, I think that too much responsibility and accountability was given to the RMAs. The office employed a number of RNs who I feel should have been more available as a resource.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Vista Community Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight