Peak Vista Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

Easy place to work, opportunities or based on speaking Spanish and who you know.
Transitional Care Navigator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 7, 2018
Peak Vista is not a hard place to work, the politics is very limiting, and I experienced reverse racism there. Spanish Speakers are paid more. Left to find more opportunities.
Pros
Easy to maintain status quo.
Cons
Lack of Opportunity to grow.
Love Peak Vista
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for this company. They seem to care about their employees and the patients. Not everyone sees the hard work that the Eteam does or the decisions that have to be made. It is a non profit company so they aren't able to pay the employees a high salary but I feel like it is fair enough.
best place I have ever worked at
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 5, 2018
This company is committed to patient care, it stands for everything I joined the healthcare field for as they are a non-profit company and does an amazing job of keeping its employees happy and healthy by teaming up with other companies to offer mindfulness and wellness events and classes. management is wonderful and coworkers are the best to cover each other and help out. there is always room for growth within your field or have options to change and transition into other positions offered with paid training within the company. overall will very much miss this company they are so great.
Pros
infinite
Toxic Management Ruins an Otherwise Good Company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2018
The mission for Peak Vista is a good one. Help the community by ensuring that everyone receives quality healthcare. However, the management is overly concerned with making money, rather than caring for patients. Just look at the tax filings for Peak Vista - they're public - and you'll see that the CEO makes as much money as the Chief Medical Officer, and they make about three times more money than anyone below them. The average salary at Peak Vista is abysmally low for the industry, and they claim that it is because the organization is a non-profit that works on tight margins. But when the leadership is making way more than their industry average, the fat trimming is happening at the wrong level.

On top of that, the whole organization is structured in a "be my friend" structure. No one is promoted because they are competent, rather they are promoted because they are friends with people. It's a system similar to nepotism, but without relatives. It's literally a matter of trading favors and such.

And finally, there's a lot of racism at Peak Vista's management. If you look at the executive team and their support staff, you will find a dearth of people of color. Peak Vista hires LOTS of diverse people, but they almost never make it to positions of leadership. It's astonishingly rare.

On the plus side, there's a lot of equity when it comes to gender. Unfortunately, all the leadership is overly sensitive to this, and if you're a man you will find that advancement is impeded because of this.

The health insurance SUCKS - especially for a healthcare company.
  more... The out-of-pocket maximum is $15,000. That's about three times that average for out-of-pocket maximums.  less
Pros
Non-management is great. Very friendly.
Cons
Management sucks, health insurance sucks, work-life balance sucks.
Hostile Work Environment
Care Team Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 16, 2018
I hope things have changed. Bullying and hostility from the 'Clinical Manager' that went unaccounted for. Hiring friends and relatives. Cliques. Manager encouraged staff to tattle on other employees - whether true statements or just plain made up. MAs lazy. Mean to each other. Really sad state of affairs.
great place to work
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 18, 2018
it was a long time ago that I worked at Peak Vista but I do remember it being a great place to work. Staff was so friendly and my manager was always there to help if needed.
Favoritism and Lack of support
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 9, 2018
The mission is amazing the rewarding feeling of helping those in need is great. However, management at the time is very "your my friend or your fried" mentality. Each employee is targeted as they disagree with management or voice an opinion. Often times fired for reasons that are made up and fraudulent.
Poor Excuse for "Executive Leadership"
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2018
Absolutely no boundaries texts at 5 am 830pm weekends for non urgent matters. There is a subculture of sabotage and distrust that starts from the top down. Friendships within departments that create a system of unbalanced accountability. Poor communication from the CEO down. save yourself the ulcers and keep looking because your objective which often flip flops from making providers happy to the importance of productivity will waiver back and forth every 6 months. If you are a poor sap who has no other choice but to be employed here, i suggest you keep great documentation.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
too many to list
Fun work place
Bilingual Customer Service Agent 1 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2018
Besr place I have worked for. Definitely take care of their employees.although fast paced really easy to get a hang od the job. Advanckng is easy and supervisors are great.
Pros
Free food and potlucks
Cons
Angry patients
The Peak Vista mission is why I love this place!
Management (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 13, 2018
We work hard and we have fun doing so. Our patients are appreciative and my co-workers and management seem to really care for all the right reasons. Sure Peak Vista has some issues, but what large company doesn't? Change is often, but necessary most of the time.
Pros
Beautiful clinics, great patients, and a fun place to work
Cons
Change
So much to say...
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Limon, COJanuary 23, 2018
Job looks great on the surface, management is extremely poor and use favoritism as a common tactic. No advancement for the majority of employees. Pay is not quite competitive.
Fun, Diverse, Exciting
Pharmacy Tech II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2018
I have been working at Peak Vista as a Pharmacy Tech for almost 5 years and I truly can say that it has been the best work experience that I could have ever asked for. I work Monday through Friday and have every weekend off (how many workplaces do you think would give that, not many). You get to meet all kinds of people with a variety of backgrounds and cultures. PTO hours accumulate super quick. Some days there is more work to do than others, just the same as any other work place. The Pharmacy Manager and Director are great people to work with, all of my co-workers are great people to work with, friendly and helpful. We have staff appreciation celebration (like having the Zoo opened just for us), each department gets moral funds to use as they want for example barbecues where you can bring your family and have a fun and enjoyable day with your co-workers. All and all I enjoy working here and recommend it to anybody.
Pros
Pto, weekends off, friendly
Cons
N/a
Horrible workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked management does not care about you neither does HR. All they care about is encounters they dont care about the patients. Favoritism is huge you will only get a promotion if you kiss up to management. Super stressful work place they constantly added new work on but no raises!! Doctors in pediatrics would literally complain about spanish speaking patients, just a horrible experience working there.
Pros
There are no pros
Short handed alot
Health Center's primary Sterilization technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2018
Most days the few of us that do show up end up working 2 and 3 jobs and its expected everyday. And it hard to get enough pto to take any time off. But the team members that are there work well to get the job done.
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
10 hour work day even when your slow
Good job
Patient Accounts Representative/Lab Biller (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2017
This was a good place to work. Job security is a little iffy, but if you are a good employee they will help you find another position within their company. Managers change around a lot so it's important to learn your job so you can help new managers coming in.
Great environment with a Nurturing staff to help you Advance
Customer Service Representative - Interpertations (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 15, 2017
Been working here for just over 3 months and my experience so far has been phenomenal. Everyone - from entry level to CEO - is extremely friendly. They want to push you to grow within and everyone around you helps with any and all situations that occur. This is my first call center environment and I personally really like it.
Pros
2 breaks and an hour lunch with great feedback from management
Cons
none!
Avoid
Care Team Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2017
If you are near homeless, on medicaid, unable to find a job anywhere else due to lack of experience, difficulty with the English language, or a recent history of poverty, that turns other companies off -- Peak Vista may be the place for you to start. Many current employees and managers have this background. Peak Vista patients often become employees.

However, if you are currently a professional or have sufficient experience to find employment elsewhere, by all mean do. Peak Vista is very poorly managed and a very unprofessional environment. Decisions are pursued which are in direct opposition to medical advise given by the Peak Vista medical staff (Chief MD, MDs and PAs). Management is "clique-ish" where decisions are not made by logic and sound business principles, but rather by a small group of "drinking buddies." If you disagree with this inner group (even in a professional manner) or simply aren't "liked" by them, you may well find your job in jeopardy. There have been many such cases.

If you are a nurse, Peak Vista is a "nursing career graveyard." You will find many openings. If you are desperate, it may be a good short term choice. However, there is great turnover, and for good reason. Avoid, Avoid. Avoid.
Pros
a good place for the desperate to start
Cons
too many to list
Productive and fun work enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80917December 7, 2017
Peak Vista was a great place to work and it's very family oriented.
A typical day at work starts with two hours of phone calls and then we go on break for 15 minutes. Then I take more calls for a few hours, then go to lunch, then take a few more hours of calls. Then I go on my last break. Then I take a few more hours of calls and then I go home.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Didn't get along with my supervisor
Absolute worst place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2017
I would never recommend this job to anyone! This whole company is garbage. The supervisors are petty and play favorites and will lie to keep some people down and cover up stuff to keep some people up high. If you try and speak out you will be retaliated against and no one will believe you. No one is ever held accountable for their actions so they will do whatever they want to you because they know that no one will say anything. Only work here if you enjoy working with a bunch of back stabbing teens who claim to be adults. Seriously do not work here.
Pros
Nothing out weighs how bad it is
Cons
Trust no one especially HR
Health Care Administrative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 1, 2017
A large healthcare company, with different locations in Colorado. With opportunity to learn and grow and great peer that I still miss, what is not to like about Peak Vista?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Vista Community Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight