Peak Vista Community Health Centers Employee Reviews

Peak Vista Provides a Great Work Environment with Advancement Opportunities
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 8, 2019
Peak Vista is an excellent place to work. They give you tools and training to advance to higher up positions as they like to promote from within. I learned a great deal in accounting from Peak Vista. I was promoted in just 3 months from an Accounting Clerk to a Staff Accountant and I was training and on my way to advancing to a Senior Accountant. They have monthly potlucks as a team building exercise and "come together" time. The hardest part of the job was, at times it can be very stressful and overwhelming, however, if you're a "go-getter" than this is the place for you. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning, learning and learning some more.
Pros
Career training and advancement, team building, great work environment, flexible work hours
Cons
Can be stressful
Great place to be employed
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 18, 2018
Peak Vista taught me a lot after graduating college. Coworkers were very helpful and patient. The provider that I was lucky enough to work with was the best provider I have had to opportunity to work with.
Cons
Good people to work with bad management
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2018
Management picks favorites and if your not one you are not going anywhere. They have a high turn over, avoid this place! Good people to work with, other than that not much was good there,
Pros
Helps individals in needs
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
Toxic to say the least
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limon, CODecember 6, 2018
The many positive reviews of this company concern me. There really is not much positive to say. I would gather the positive reviews are current management, they really don't do much else, so I'm sure they have the time to scour the internet to try an up their rep. Need to try and get new recruits somehow.... They do it on glassdoor as well. They over and over talk about this mission to help ppl without access, help them get access, blah blah. After over three years of employment, I watched the good ppl come and go, and the ones that should have been fired or never even hired rise to management ranks, and in turn fire the good employees that give their all to this retched company because 'they just don't like you' .Don't expect any support from in clinic management, they stick their head in the sand to keep their place in the food chain. Right to work employer, they say that so they can keep the cliques intact. They will hire fresh out of school MA's so they have someone to kick around, and then when you leave they will trash you and make it hard for you to get another job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Unhealthy Place to Work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2018
Management has no clue how to manage. Patient Accounts is constant chaos. If one thing doesn't work quick enough, they try something else. It's like throwing spaghetti against the was to see what sticks.

Nothing is documented as far as process. And there is no formal training. You get an hour here and there and are expected to be an expert.

Good starting job, if you need one. But for long term, not recommended.

Sad because their mission is awesome.
Typical day
Physician (Former Employee) –  Limon, CO 80828November 6, 2018
A typical day is very long and you will feel very overworked at the end of the day. The company is very driven by quantity of patient visits as opposed to quality of patient care.
A great learning opportunity
Customer Service/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was a great work environment as well as a great learning opportunity. They take the time to train you for your job to be done correctly. Definitely a great opportunity.
Entry level organization
Community Outreach Sp (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 4, 2018
Not a great place to work. They do not promote professional development and managemnet is very insecure. The only way to progress in this organization is to know someone its all based on favoritism. Most managers in this organization are not qualified for their position and don't know what they are doing.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Terrible management
Still chaotic!
provider (Current Employee) –  Peak VistaNovember 2, 2018
I'm not sure if the people that post positive reviews are people who have worked here for more than a few months. When I first started working here, I thought Peak Vista was a great place. They sure do emphasize their mission statement. But after a few months, the honeymoon becomes a nightmare many days when we are understaffed in the clinics. The turnover is high because the management is completely disconnected with their staff. Yet they continue to harp their generic mission statements with little understanding of what it means to put oneself on the frontline one to one with patients aside from occasional publicity events. If you are thinking about applying for a job at Peak Vista, please do yourself a favor and educate yourself about this company. The numerous employee reviews and patient reviews all over the internet speak for themselves. It is not a coincidence that numerous reviews point out the same issues with poor management. Corruption runs rampant among the management-managers hiring their friends as managers. Favoritism is a trend. Eventually, the ones who are least corrupt either tune out or get out.
Pros
coworkers/support staff who have good intentions
Cons
culture, management, top heavy, high turnover, favoritism
Peak Vista Community
SUPERVISOR CLIENT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2018
The changes were getting to be to many keeping employees uneasy; whether they would have a job or not. Many of the employees felt targeted by so many changes Peak Vista was making to Dress Code. Like heels, whether acrylic nails would be accepted for non clinical employees, hair color... amoung other issues. Many employees that had been employed for 7, 10 and 20 years decided to leave.
Pros
At a certain point we had great leadership
Cons
They lost the vision
Productive work environment where you can lean new skills
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 24, 2018
Being my first job out of school I learned a lot and the women there were more then willing to take plenty of time to teach me new techniques and skills. The providers were also very accommodating when it came to asking questions. The hardest part of the job was becoming a primary and getting in the groove of completing all the responsibilities that came along with the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was building friendships with coworkers and the patients.
Pros
4 day a week schedules, rep lunches, and the company covering BLS re-certification.
Great care
Referral specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 22, 2018
The company as a whole has a great mission statement and personnel in regards to helping the patient, the company as a whole is understaffed and needs more people. Th pay is good but not excellent and hours are too.
Cons
Pay
Easy place to work, opportunities or based on speaking Spanish and who you know.
Transitional Care Navigator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 7, 2018
Peak Vista is not a hard place to work, the politics is very limiting, and I experienced reverse racism there. Spanish Speakers are paid more. Left to find more opportunities.
Pros
Easy to maintain status quo.
Cons
Lack of Opportunity to grow.
Love Peak Vista
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for this company. They seem to care about their employees and the patients. Not everyone sees the hard work that the Eteam does or the decisions that have to be made. It is a non profit company so they aren't able to pay the employees a high salary but I feel like it is fair enough.
best place I have ever worked at
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 5, 2018
This company is committed to patient care, it stands for everything I joined the healthcare field for as they are a non-profit company and does an amazing job of keeping its employees happy and healthy by teaming up with other companies to offer mindfulness and wellness events and classes. management is wonderful and coworkers are the best to cover each other and help out. there is always room for growth within your field or have options to change and transition into other positions offered with paid training within the company. overall will very much miss this company they are so great.
Pros
infinite
Toxic Management Ruins an Otherwise Good Company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2018
The mission for Peak Vista is a good one. Help the community by ensuring that everyone receives quality healthcare. However, the management is overly concerned with making money, rather than caring for patients. Just look at the tax filings for Peak Vista - they're public - and you'll see that the CEO makes as much money as the Chief Medical Officer, and they make about three times more money than anyone below them. The average salary at Peak Vista is abysmally low for the industry, and they claim that it is because the organization is a non-profit that works on tight margins. But when the leadership is making way more than their industry average, the fat trimming is happening at the wrong level.

On top of that, the whole organization is structured in a "be my friend" structure. No one is promoted because they are competent, rather they are promoted because they are friends with people. It's a system similar to nepotism, but without relatives. It's literally a matter of trading favors and such.

And finally, there's a lot of racism at Peak Vista's management. If you look at the executive team and their support staff, you will find a dearth of people of color. Peak Vista hires LOTS of diverse people, but they almost never make it to positions of leadership. It's astonishingly rare.

On the plus side, there's a lot of equity when it comes to gender. Unfortunately, all the leadership is overly sensitive to this, and if you're a man you will find that advancement is impeded because of this.

The health insurance SUCKS - especially for a healthcare company.
  more... The out-of-pocket maximum is $15,000. That's about three times that average for out-of-pocket maximums.  less
Pros
Non-management is great. Very friendly.
Cons
Management sucks, health insurance sucks, work-life balance sucks.
Hostile Work Environment
Care Team Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 16, 2018
I hope things have changed. Bullying and hostility from the 'Clinical Manager' that went unaccounted for. Hiring friends and relatives. Cliques. Manager encouraged staff to tattle on other employees - whether true statements or just plain made up. MAs lazy. Mean to each other. Really sad state of affairs.
Very low moral
Behavioral Health Authorization Rep (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 9, 2018
My particular unit went through many employees every year. Preference was given to relatives to work there. My boss would scream at the top of her lungs and belittle employees, even in front of their co-workers. Horrible working environment.
Community health clinic
Registered Medical Assistant (Back Office) (Current Employee) –  Fountain, COAugust 2, 2018
What Peak Vista stands for is amazing. Most patients appreciate what is provided for them through Peak Vista. The management of the Fountain Clinic is more concerned with budget numbers than giving full time MAs their 40 hours a week.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
30 minute lunches, management, no room for growth
Amazing place to work
Clinical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 27, 2018
Peak vista is an amazing place to work and cares about their employees and patients. They are always finding ways to better how they serve the community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Vista Community Health Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight