Peak Wellness Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Do not work here. They are unethical and scammers.
Psych Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 17, 2018
I was excited to start working at Peak wellness. I started out as a psych tech making $13 an hour but then found out that another psych tech made more than me with less experience and education. I was then forced out of my current position into a psycho social skills trainer position and was given no training for the job. One of the Supervisor sent out an email stating that we should not show clients making progress in our documentation because then we could not bill their insurance.! This is the most cooked unethical place I’ve ever worked and the management is a joke. They are all incompetent and do not care about the clients wellbeing. DO NOT WORK HERE OR LET ANYONE YOU KNOW GO HERE FOR SERVICES. They will not get the help they need and will be forced into groups for billing purposes.
Pros
Cons
Everything about peak is terrible.
Promised a lot....
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 22, 2018
Worked PWC for 4 years. Started at a entry level position with credentials, promised Case Mgmt. position. Waited & worked 2 years until achieved. Promised high pay given little. PWC does however hire people off the streets in management and supvisory roles with little knowledge of company or clientele.
Pros
Clients, some coworkers
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, Admin poor Employee Management, Gossip, high turnover, company broken promises to clients and staff
Great place to work but
Homeless Veterans Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 24, 2017
I have been with PWC for almost 9 years and I love the company however they do not pay very well at all. Many people who work for this company need to have a second job to make ends meet,
Pros
paid lunch, sick and vacation days
Cons
pay
Negative Management is hard to recover from
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 24, 2017
My typical day was full of phone calls, seeing clients and meetings. At one point we figured out that 10% of our work week was spent in meetings. This seemed really unnecessary most of the time, and I felt there could be better uses of time. Supervision was also a problem. Depending on what was occurring within the agency, a therapist might have numerous meetings in a week or none at all. Often the supervision ended up with the supervisors venting frustrations about the work environment. The center went through numerous changes while I was there. Billing was a problem following a company wide change in electronic health record system. The company also slashed benefits which made the benefits, primarily health insurance, incredibly expensive. At the same time the company did away with reimbursements for trainings, paid training days, and reduced other benefits. All the while, increasing the demand on therapists and expectations of what they were required to do. At times these expectations were unrealistic at best. The staff are very dedicated to serving the individuals, which is the reason they stay. The staff work tirelessly to assist clients in any way possible.
Pros
some coworkers, excellent experience
Cons
benefits dramatically cut, low pay, negative work environment, unrealistic expectations
Caring Team
N/A (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 3, 2017
The work is tough but the team and environment is great. The obvious dedication to the mission and community makes working enjoyable, even when short-staffed or through the stressful days.
There is a continuous focus on improving and making things better each day.
Pros
Team oriented environment, dedication to living the mission
Professional, caring, and truly family oriented!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 15, 2017
I love being a part of the Peak Wellness staff! They are under going changes that are a huge improvement to the services offered now. From a variety of community based programs, advances in treating substance abuse and addiction, to group therapies and the continuity of care regarding clients needing assistance with medication's. They held a persona in the community forever as only treating low income clients... That is changing as well due to the great therapist, staff, and CEO! They are working hard to be recognized as a place where ANY income level is seen and comfortable with their therapy and or treatment! Love, love, love working for them! They are very family oriented!
Pros
Pay, upbeat atmosphere with friendly and caring staff!!
Cons
Wonderful place to begin a career
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 29, 2017
Peak Wellness Center is a wonderful place to begin a career. They offer competitive benefits, paid time off, and many holiday's off during the year. They offer many different opportunities to grow and to learn in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
lower wages
Best company!
Program Assistant of Residential Facilities (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 12, 2017
Truly loved this job but due to budget cuts within state of Wyoming, had to relocate to Colorado. Company is currently undergoing several changes and premiums on insurance are high but overall atmosphere, treatment of clients, and management are extraordinary! Wish I could go back!
Ok
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 23, 2017
Expected to have very little job/ life balance. Some of the staff were toxic to work with. Pay not great for cost of living in the area.
Pros
Training
Cons
On call rotation
It's ok. Good for social workers.
Client specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 18, 2016
Not a bad company to work for. Friendly staff. The clients need a lot of help though. Good for people who really like helping others.
It is acceptable
Mental Health / Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WY 82001December 8, 2016
Not a bad place to work. I have worked at better and also at worse. You do work with many different types of people. There is not much more to tell, It is a community mental health provider and as such has a variety of clients ranging from those needing a sounding board to those with severe persistent mental illnesses.
Was a job that I started out enjoying, but did not end that way.
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 23, 2016
Supervisor was very opinionated about MY life. Became very jealous of relationships I had with other staff. Was hired on as a temp employee, per the leave of another employee.
I did not work there long enough.
Account receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 18, 2016
I liked all the people and Staff, they were all nice. My job was an extern from school for credits, after I was done they hired me for temp. work.
Pros
It was a good place to work
Cons
It was only temporary.
Team Players
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 19, 2015
Peak Wellness Clients were our number one priority and to help
them in anyway we could to make their life easier. It would be my
honor to work for them all over again.
Good palce to work, benefits are great
Program Coordinator/Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 14, 2014
Good benefits, family orientated. Administration was hard to work for, lack of communication.
Working with coworkers to help homeless individuals find services
Homeless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMay 15, 2013
I loved this job. My coworkers were great and it was my first experience working with the homeless and I loved it. It was rewarding to find people help link them to resources to give them a better quality of life if they wanted. If not I was able to still check on them and they would eventually engage after developing a relationship that included trust.
Pros
Traveling around looking for Homeless people
Cons
The weather/domestic violence victims and pedophiles
Nice part time job.
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJuly 12, 2012
Transported clients to and from appointments, handled general office duties on down time. Very friendly and helpful environment.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peak Wellness Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Peak Wellness Center Reviews by Location