Pearce Services Employee Reviews

Hvac tech SoCal
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  SoCalMarch 28, 2019
Management at the paso office has their head so far up their but t’s not even funny. They bite off way more than they can chew and then blame employees for not working fast enough. They will run you into the ground. Dispatch has no idea what’s going on in the field so they aren’t very realistic when it comes anything. No one can be trusted they will lie right to your face. It’s an awful work environment.
Pros
Company truck phone and laptop
Cons
Smart company, no growth, low pay
Designer III (Former Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 27, 2019
Company has undercut the majority of its employees.
No incentives given to grow.
Promotions happen but not with pay increases.
Bonuses, Salary and Unit rates are some of the lowest in the industry.
Upper management seems to be the only place for actual career growth within this company.
Work/Life balance does not exist for production driven jobs and the hrs vs pay is minimal for the work involved.

Would recommend to a new design engineer to get experience with a great team and good tools but not for anyone wanting to grow or have a career in this industry.
Pros
Newest technologies applied to older operations.
Cons
Everything else. Long hrs, poor management, no roadmap, risky contracts, no pay increases beyond COL, low bonus incentives, no guarantee your pay rate is secure
Worked from home. no assessment.
Outside Plant Engineering Designer (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXFebruary 1, 2019
Worked from home. no assessment.
A very dynamic work environment.
Team work was very much part of everyday.
Management was pro-active
Everyone had time to respond to any questions.
Very lonely environment while working from home.
Individuality
NDS / CAD Designer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
This is a great place to work. I love being able to work from home, but the only this is that the work isn't consistent. I have worked for Pearce Since May 2018 and he work was good for the first few months. Then it got to where i either did not have enough work to have a pay check or my check was not enough to do any good. I mean less than $200 a week.
Pros
Being able to work from home
Cons
Not enough work
Great people, good opportunities
Design Lead (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 5, 2018
Pearce Services is a great place to work. Easy going, flexible hours, casual wear. Very nice people and a pretty quiet work environment. You have the opportunity to make some good money if you have a good work ethic and pay attention to detail.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Casual work environment
Cons
Can have a hard work/life balance at times
Unorganized bad management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2018
Went through a buy out from a great company no one knew what they were doing unorganized no employee handbook when I asked no mission statement I was personally belittled on several occasions a lot cut throat going on, people hired were not qualified it's who's family member you were or spouse. Very. Toxic
Pros
It support was great
Cons
Undignified approach to managing people
I love working here!!!
Regional Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMay 31, 2018
Some would say, if you love this why are you putting up your info on INDEED, my answer... I was encouraged to do so by my leadership coach. I really have no desire to move companies but I am not moving up either.
Pros
People
Cons
Promotion
This is for pearce not power enginneers
Engineering Assistant Full-time Power Engineers (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 17, 2018
Power engineers was great when pearce bought the communication division, it went down the tubes. I would be still working with power if the buy out did not occur. They left people wondering where is my place after dedicating 5 years of service.
Pros
Cons
Management did not know what they were doing
it's alot of work
Lead HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMarch 9, 2018
this was a good job especially if your a single person. the pay was great but the hours wee terrible. when the phone went off you had to go regardless `of what time of the night it was. they run into the ground and run all over the state of Texas. no scheduled time off.
Pros
great pay
Cons
never home always gone for work
productive and fun place to work
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 9, 2018
start when you wanted, and start when leaving your house. lots of work to be done and lots to learn great place to work and to be able to learn and grow.
Innovative Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Pearce is working to do things differently than anywhere I've worked in the industry before. Between their approach to fielding and GIS technology to software mechanization for CAD, they are reinventing how we design work.
Pros
Exciting, leaders are motivated but also care
Cons
Really busy sometimes
Stressful
OSP ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Republic, MOSeptember 20, 2017
They underbid jobs to get the work, then expected the employee to do unreasonable work to help pull them out of the whole. Amount of work they expected was not achievable.
Very organized and fair!
Pearce (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 21, 2017
Organized and fair. Great company! They are very straightforward and well put together as a business. They do have high standards but are very accommodating to help you get there.
Pros
Great atmosphere and structure!
Cons
New implimentation, lack of thourough training.