Pearl River Resort Employee Reviews

I been working at the resort for 11 years now and love it
Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 5, 2018
It’s a great place to work. The benifits are great. I love the bonuses when we get them. Every body gets free meals. Employee discounts are always great.
Interesting place of employment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSMarch 31, 2018
The management was an excellent provider to advancement. workplace culture was involved but many times too involved with the progress of the organization which created numerous hardships for employees. Overall, I feel the knowledge and advancement, I encountered while being employed was beneficial for my future.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits
Cons
Constant changes in management
fun at the first time but starts getting pressure with some guest
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  pearl river msMarch 9, 2018
I liked it still do but I'll like to try new things.If i find the one im willing to stay with i would stay instead of going back. Like i said im willing to try new things
Fun Day of work everyday
Players Service (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, MSFebruary 21, 2018
It was a fun day because I am a people person I never have a attitude and i come to work to handle business. This company was a very great place to work for. They was very understanding and made sure they had your back no matter what. They will go all out the way for their employees
It was very productive, fun place to work, and a great place to interact with others.
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSFebruary 18, 2018
I got a chance to meet with so many new people such as co workers and guest. My job was fun. It was also very serious because we were handling money of others.
Pros
Free lunches, breaks every hour.
Would never work there again
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSFebruary 15, 2018
Slow work, low pay, 1 raise given in 7 years was not a significant raise, job security is non existent (for non tribal members), shift changes constantly
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay, no job security
great place
game table dealer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2018
Wonderful place to be and enjoy for free time. its a fast pace environment and is a very calm and laid back place. I enjoy being there. the most enjoyable part of the job is being around new people everyday.
Not a good place if you are a female
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSJanuary 30, 2018
The Director of Security is prejudice and discriminates against females. He does not want a female to have a position of management. I had to go to the Executive Director to even get considered for advancement.
Stalled
Asst. operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSJanuary 28, 2018
This is a nice place to work, if the politics and nepotism were not In the culture. It needs a actual management team that is experienced and inspires ideas and knowledge, not push the ideas to the back. It needs growth
Pros
Beautiful buildings and people
Cons
Too much like a family piggy bank
Casino
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 24, 2018
We don't get raises as associates there at the resort. We get meals each day but sometimes it's the same thing. Also we as the associates we do get great benefits.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No raises
Demanding environment
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSJanuary 14, 2018
Demanding environment. Multiple roles in the workplace. Friendly working environment. Dealing with the public in a lot of different facets. A great experience.
Pros
Free lunch. Free blackjack classes. Free dice classes. Free bar tending classes.
Cons
Carrying the weight of others.
We worked different hours on different days but it was a wonderful experience for me.
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSJanuary 7, 2018
A good environment too work for me cause it was outdoors maybe 80 percent of the time. But I also liked the job because it was a hands on environment, I worked at the Dancing Rabbit Golf Club maintenance shop, at the Azaleas side. I can drive a tractor, a backhoe, etc. But it doesn't take me too much time to pick up on different experiences as it's taught to me and learn quickly. Hopefully I get a chance to share my experience with you all, and you all show me the experience that I need to inquire.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and very short lunches cause we had to travel about a mile and a half to the cafeteria.
great environment, enjoyable work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSJanuary 3, 2018
PRR is great for those who enjoy meeting new people and like to socialize. The gaming floor is such a fast pace working area your shifts go by so quick. The people are friendly and tips were always awesome!
Pros
Tip money
Cons
class length on certain trades
Fun place to work
BARTENDER/BLACK-JACK DEALER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSDecember 19, 2017
Pear River Resort is a lot of fun and the employees make it more so. It has a family feel to it, and for the most part, I loved working there. Changes in management are sometimes a problem, but overall I would work there again.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Discrimimation
Gaming
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSNovember 11, 2017
Too much favortisum
Manager doesnt backup his staff
Good 401k program
Fair health insurance
Big management turn over
Used to have company picnics but not anymore
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Favortisum
The pay and the benefits were Great.
Human Resource/Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSNovember 6, 2017
You were trained for your job. The people were very nice, the pay and benefits were good. I enjoyed working there. I loved the different cultures that did work there.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Most jobs are 24/7, so therefor if you did not like to work on weekends this was a con.
great place to work
Cage Cashier/Specialty Banker (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSOctober 27, 2017
great place to work with great opportunities for advancement. its one of the few places in the south that does not give out promotions based on color. They pay great and have great insurance.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
really hard to get a job there
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSSeptember 28, 2017
Each day I would have to open the cash draw and count cash and chips. If all is well, I open my window and began to accept people waiting in line for transactions.
Pros
free lunch
Excellent Employer
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSSeptember 25, 2017
My employment at Pearl River Resort was challenging but well compensated. The work environment was pleasant and co-workers became an extended family, and some of us still keep in contact to this very day. There would be long month-end, quarter-end and year-end task, but overall the job itself balanced out. The company would also host various family functions for us during many holidays. I regret leaving the company for another job that paid more but I had to travel a longer distance.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
I had to work most holidays, it was open 24/7 365 days.
Very fast pace and exciting
Game Dealer (Former Employee) –  Choctaw, MSSeptember 11, 2017
The job was very fast pace and exciting. A typical day included dealing hands to guest and keeping the guest entertained. The job is pretty much what you make it.