Play YouTube video button
Pearle Vision

Pearle Vision Employee Reviews

Great customer service and very good attitude
Good place with something to do at all times. As long as you do your work perfectly you're set!

It was a great place to work at and I learnt a lot from being there.
Pros
Free lunches, Understanding boss
Cons
Healthcare
Mostly part-timers
This company generally runs on part-time employees there is training for the managers but none for hourly employees so they are generally working while they're learning which I feel they should have some experience upon entering the optical field. There should be at least a two-week training program.
Flexible work hours in quiet location
Pearle Vision is a quiet optical office that provides flexible work hours and a space to learn about the optical field. Management for the location can be a bit unreliable as the personnel placed as manager is liable to change more frequently than desired. Work required of the position is light compared to other offices and employment but can be difficult when understaffed with high foot traffic.
Great company!
Laid off after 26 years but what a ride. If you work hard and care about people you will do well here.
The opportunity is there to give back to your community through the Onesight organization.
okay job
all I did was file papers. The work environment was nice, really enjoyed working there. Fired me at a bad time though. Expect to be fired twords end of year.(budget cuts)
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Working with customers
I think pearle vision had a beautifiul enviroment to work and the people i worked with were amazing. We were team players. The job was easy and greeting and working with customers was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
The pay was horrible
Awful experience
This is a money hungry company that doesn’t care about their employees or customers. Just about money. They push test on patients that are not necessary. If goals were not met in the office. The owners and doctors will be rude and make staff feel extremely uncomfortable. They would want staff to basically force every patient to do these unnecessary test so they can charge the patient more.
Do your job
Just get up, and get to work on time everyday. And do your job as well as you can. Nobody is going to be judgemental. Remember what you are there for.
Constant drama
Constant drama, draining atmosphere, ineffective and overly dramatic manager, staff members who avoid tasks they don't like (and call their own cell phones from the work phone to look busy when someone walks in who needs help). Don't work here. You won't receive proper training and you'll hate every single day.
We are in a busy office with multiple doctors. It is nice to help people see and get a product they love! Pearle also partners with ABSee to help children who cannot afford glasses! We have a wonderful team!
Pros
Most patients and the public are great to work with!
Cons
Customer service can have its challenges on occasion! :)
A lot of angry customers
There are a lot of angry customers that won’t like prices and co pays after their insurance has gone through and will demand discounts that do not exist.
Not the best
You are overworked and the managers do not care about you. You can get fired whenever they feel like it without a warning or an explanation. Managers are very rude.
went from nice to bad
Top priority are customers, I get that. This is an industry where the customer comes first, but man, don't disregard your employees because of that. That is all I have to say
Productive and fun
Management was one of the best and worked alongside me and any needs that occurred.It was fun to interact with our clients and see the look on faces of children who went from troubled views to clear views allowing them to see the world in a complete 360.

From filing , scheduling , patient assistance , and keeping the office stocked and well managed it was one of the best experiences.
Pearle Vision
Franchise locations like Pearle are generally not concerned about anything but their own self interests. Typically because of this they offer no benefits to the people they employ. Furthermore, they only pay the median wage no matter your experience. The only reason I was able to stay with the location I was at is because I have a side business that made up the difference. Do not work for this company unless you want to waste your time.
Too many tasks for little pay
Doesn’t pay commission and gives no benefits for 12 dollars an hour. There are so many tasks given but so little pay to compensate. So many rude customers that have threatened me and nothing has really been done about it.
Poor management, mean girl click environment , watch your back
Poor management, mean girl click type environment , watch your back or you’ll get stabbed. No job stability exists. Be aware of unpaid overtime hours that your made to do for free. Unrealistic hours.
if a car dealership and an optical store had a baby
if you're an optician looking for a position focused on insuring your patients receive top-notch care, products, and services, then I would highly suggest finding a different company to invest your time in.

if you're looking for a high-paying job with an extremely high turnover rate and don't mind sacrificing the quality of your work to fit within the corporate framework provided to you by people who care nothing about optics (and are rather inept at business) and training the superiors you work with who were hired after you and have far less experience in optical or management, or possibly 0 experience, then this job is perfect for you.
Terrible management. I don’t recommend working here, you deserve better.
Management was terrible. They do little to train you, but you are treated like dirt if you make a mistake. If you’re new, it’s almost like they are waiting for you to mess up. My employer made me feel two inches tall on the daily. She let her personal problems affect her behaviors as a boss.

Co-workers were good. However, I felt that they were frustrated because their job was made harder because management wasn’t doing their part.
Decent
Not a bad job at all, but management does not care for any of the staff there. Does not matter how long you have been with the company, they value their profit over employee satisfaction.
productive place to work
This was my first job, the management was very helpful in training me, there were times where we would all have fun and relax but still work when there were things to be done. Working as the doctor's assistant was fun because there were things I thought I'd never see. I was always learning something new.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearle Vision. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight