Pearson Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,136 reviews matching the search See all 1,590 reviews
4 years of layoffs with more to come
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2018
Too many layers of management. Executive level deciding fate of company is too removed to understand impact of their decisions. There have been layoffs approx. every 6 months for about 4 years. The sense that you could be in the next round of layoffs is always present. Poor performing mid-level management is generally promoted rather than eliminated. Lots of Vice-Presidents, Sr. VPs, Executive VPs, Region VPs, Product Line VPs. The company chases the next shiny object rather than invest in making the existing product the best it can be.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Get input from system users when evaluating changes to tools, processes. Stop taking employee surveys when nothing is going to change based on results.
Call Center
Enrollment Advisor, Recruitment Services (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILJuly 19, 2018
Cons:

Dial all day - 80 dial minimum
Talk time is measured 2hrs
“Late Day” 11-8pm
Meetings that could have been an email
Low compensation

Pros:
Fun team outings
Food
Depends on business unit
Enrollment Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 19, 2018
My experience at Pearson was not bad. There are quite a few growth opportunities depending on which business unit you work for. There is a lot of reorganization withing the company, so choose wisely.
Summary reviewed
Material Handler 2 (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJuly 18, 2018
I cannot speak of the environment or the culture of this company to date. Pearson has since sold the distribution phase of their business. So I can only speak of what was.
Overall my experience was good. A typical day could be stressful depending on the work load. Which was determined seasonally.
It was very detailed work which kept it interesting for me.
I learned the value of good team work. And received training in return processes which gave me added computer skills.
The hardest part of the job was the lifting and staging of product. We had to lift up to 50lbs.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the lifelong relationships that were built over the years.
benefits
Cons
Inconsistency of management
well, it's a job
Scoring Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 18, 2018
For what employees are asked to do, the job is easy and pays competent employees a reasonable rate. Lack of supervisor training and experience can sometimes lead to a strained relationship between employees and supervisors. The onsite upper management team at the Westerville location, however, is absolutely top notch.
Pros
easy work, flexible shifts, daily productivity bonuses
Cons
limited break times, repetitive work
It's been my favorite company to work for
Scoring Director (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 16, 2018
While it does come with it's own problems. Pearson is by far the best company I've worked with so far. The disadvantage is miscommunication (if you climb the ladder) and the occasional confusion, but if you're a hard worker and productive it will usually be noticed. They have a lot of good people. Sometimes they just need people though. But that's a lot of businesses these days.
Good company with good benefits and room for advancement
Associate Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. They make the job fun. Talking on the phone all day can be stressful at times and it is good to have people to talk to.
Pros
Good benefits and nice people
Cons
micro management
Manager favorite or nothing
Lead Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 13, 2018
Unless you are your Managers favorite ,you are just a worker with no chance for advancement. Most of co-workers were pleasant to work with and chance to work in other departments.
Pros
co-workers
Great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 12, 2018
I've worked for Pearson for over 20 years and if the doors did not close I would still be there. This is a great company to be apart of and upper management took care of their employees as best they could and I was very appreciative of their generosity.
Seasonal position
Test Scorer (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 10, 2018
I liked the culture at this test facility in Mesa. Rather laid back plus the other folks working there were pleasant. No drama really. The supervisors were great and made sure you had the knowledge etc to get the assignment done.
excellent work environment and
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2018
My experience at Pearson was beneficial and rewarding. They allowed me to manage my own time while obtaining my daily goals. The best part of my day was when we would have our collaborative daily meeting.
Stable Job with lack of advancement options
Senior Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 5, 2018
While Pearson is a good company to work for in terms of job security, the opportunity to advance in career is non-existent. Pay is decent enough and benefits are good.

Company culture is not established company wide. It is up to the individual groups to develop their own culture
Pros
stable job, good pay, autonomy
Cons
no company culture, lack of advancement options
great place to start out
Lead Packaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 3, 2018
If you can handle hard work and long hours (during peak season overtime potential is incredible) The Full time staff that I worked with were friendly and helpful.
Pros
people & hours
Cons
pay
Pearson
Manager Product Information (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 2, 2018
My job including the integration of smaller family owned company to the larger multinational organization. This included new accounting software, reporting, and management structure.
a very good place to work , one of the top publishers in the world
Account General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson MSJuly 1, 2018
there are no typical days, you may be presenting, making school calls, meeting with superintendents, attending conferences, preparing quotes, .....there is alot of training involved , concurrently with new products introduced all of the time..the most enjoyable part of the job is being very autonomous and treating the job as your own company...the hardest part of the job is packing and unpacking vans with books and then going to a school and presenting after unpacking vans....there are always technology challenges every day with presentations you have to overcome..management is very flexible although we do have quite a few conference calls each week....I have learned alot about time management, doing effective presentations, and learning about all new technologies
Pros
autonomy
Cons
physical aspect of loading vans
It was a good job.
Professional Scorer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
It was a good job with a collaborative atmosphere. Too bad it was temporary. They let us work form home after that, but I could not keep the same pace as in the office.
Not much to say, it was temp warehouse
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2018
with the conversion to a primarily on or digital access to educational material, working in their warehouse may not be the most productive option for a career
Excellent publishers
Item Writer, Part-time (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
Experts develop education products that are essential to assessing students' learning. Practices are well researched and implemented to provide the best products.
Good place to work at
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2018
workplace culture is great
management is good
work life balance is good
typical work day is really busy and the most enjoyable is that we make products that help improve the life of individuals
Temporary Regional Scorer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2018
Great place to work at for temp job. Paid well for the work that was expected. They have a productivity bonus which really helps round out your pay. Recommend!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

45%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss