Pearson Employee Reviews

No good compensation and benefit
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Work from homeMay 22, 2018
Compensation/Benefits- Not good
Job Security/Advancement-No advancement because is seasonal job
No paid vacation, no insurance.
There is no unemployment benefit
Pros
work from home
Cons
benefit, job security
Pearson
Analyst, Global Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Old Tappan, NJMay 20, 2018
What would have made things better and smoother.

The leadership team - I use the term only because I'm on your web site. The team hide behind managers , and then they hide hide from their people. This is the Pearson way . And no one ever gets anwerers , everyone is out for there own very sad.
Pros
Good Education, good Books
Cons
Terrible Management - Terrible Leadership
Great Temp Project Work
Scoring Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2018
I really love the culture of this company! They all seem to really care about us as people first. My only negative comment would be that it would be great to have more notice ahead of schedule on projects.
Flexible
Employee Relations & Compliance HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Tappan, NJMay 16, 2018
Pearson is a great place to work. I really enjoyed my work and environment. The culture is unlike any company I've come to work for or interviewed for. Everyone is truly genuine and extremely helpful in all aspects.
Pros
flexible hours, benefits, lunches
Cons
productive and fun work environment
Tech Lead/Architect (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2018
Pearson offers opportunities for employees to grow, offers fun working environment. There are lots of nice people in Pearson that are willing to help others when needed.
Numerous RIF's and poor product creation and marketing
Senior Customer Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 15, 2018
After 4 large Reduction In Forces processes in 30 months, each one increasing the workload of the 'survivors' and with another major RIF looming for June 2018, the work/life balance was way over the top and it very quickly became a company where everybody was working long hours just to survive employment.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits
Cons
Long hours expectation, increasing workloads with decreasing staff head count.
Flexible work environment with a great management
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 14, 2018
Pearson VUE is an excellent employer and I recommend this job to anyone. If you are able to consistently meet and exceed expectations they will promote you and take an active interest in your career development and training.
Loved my job
Sr. CSR/Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INMay 14, 2018
I worked mostly with my own set of clients. They were assigned an account manager based on their special set of needs outside the normal guidelines. I did everything from enter orders, process return request, credit requests to investigating order issues, price discrepancies, shipping errors and checking on special request fulfillment.

The culture was great, I enjoyed working with clients, sales people, warehouse personnel as well as coworkers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Laid Off
Relaxed work envirinment
ISTEP Scorer (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 11, 2018
Very relaxed, self paced environment. Able to pick your own hours to work. Able to work from home or anywhere you have an internet connection. Management were very polite if you had any questions or concerns.
Very easy job and works around your schedule
Test Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92806May 10, 2018
Usually the mornings are the most busy time of the day since we always have a large group at 8am throughout the rest of the day it slows down with the usual afternoon rushes. The hardest part of the job would be when there is a technical issue that affects the exams or just some rude and nervous candidates.
Pros
very easy non complicated work
Cons
may be schedule for some short shifts at a time
Good place to get some experience but don't try to make a career out of it
Marketing Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2018
The work life balance is best aspect of working here. Working from home is not only aloud it's highly encouraged which is both a pro and a con. It's nice when you simply need to take care of your life, but when it comes to advancing in your career or simply having friends working remote seems to relay get in the way of that. The office is practically empty on most days.

Management is friendly and the amount of workflow tends to rise and fall with the school semesters. You can gain some good experience at these company but be mindful that everyone role is highly specialized. So if you are looking for broad experience this place is not right for you.
Pros
Work from home, work life balance
Cons
lack of culture
Company Downsizing
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 8, 2018
Eliminated many jobs by outsourcing US functional areas and consolidating job duties. Work/personal life balance nonexistent, working many nights and weekends.
A great place to work if you can deal with turnover and change.
Multimedia Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 7, 2018
A great place to work if you can deal with turnover and change.

The turnover and change at Pearson is ongoing.
Stability os Lacking and the management does not offer the open page they say they do to show the future endeavors.

Learning for K-12 and higher ed their specialty at the moment but that could change next week.

This is the world of Pearson.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
Future unclear.
A fun company offering decent work/life balance
Chief Information Architect (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
Pearson is still going through a major transition to digital business model. Traditional publishing must be reinvented to stay relevant and competitive.
Large Company in Uncertain Transition
Senior Editor/Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJApril 30, 2018
Pearson is a textbook publisher actively working to transform into a digital products and services company. They will probably succeed but will be a much smaller company if they do. As a result, job security is minimal for the foreseeable future, as are cost-of-living adjustments and incentive payouts.
Benefits
Cons
Morale, lack of clear direction
Fun place to work he worker was cool
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INApril 25, 2018
When they were open Person only used you for 6 months and let you go no matter how good of a worker you we're they still let you go which I didn't think that was right
Pros
45 minute lunch breaks
Cons
Good people to work with
Good Company
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 19, 2018
Good company to work for. You must want to work because if you don't it will be obvious. Management is encouraging to employees to learn and look for promotions if you want this. If you want a job and don't want to move up that is OK also.
excellent
CURRICULUM DIVISION, ASSOCIATE EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJApril 19, 2018
A typical day at work included arriving very early and staying organized enough to be able to attend various meetings and town-halls. The culture is unbeatable with enjoyable coworkers.
No Company is Perfect
Scoring Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2018
HOWEVER, overall, I love doing project work at Pearson. I've met many interesting people, and enjoy the environment very much. Great way to make some extra money with time off in between assignments.
Pros
free beverages, food trucks
Contract position
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 18, 2018
I worked for 4 months at Pearson. The typical day included opening 500-1000 letters a day and a lot of data entry.
I learnt the in house HR systems. Management was very helpful and I enjoyed the workplace culture. The hardest part was the repetition and dull filing work.
The most enjoyable part was connecting with co-workers.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Repetitive, dull work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

55out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pearson.