Pearson Employee Reviews

Found 1,274 reviews matching the search See all 1,750 reviews
Good as an in-between job
Scoring Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2018
Unless you have an additional income or a second job, Pearson serves only as an encouragement to find a better job. Fast.

Prior experience and availability to work in corporate or as direct hire with full-time benefits is almost impossible.
Cons
Seasonal, underpaid
Relaxed Friendly Atmosphere
Lead Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IANovember 18, 2018
Easy, laid back, great boss. Option to work extra hours. Great pay. Opportunity to learn new things. Great benefits. And friendly fun atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Had to leave company due to relocation
Pearson was a good company to work for in regards to building skill sets
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
Strong and competitive sales force, solid team culture and highly collaborative environment.

Constantly going through reorganizations and lay offs. The future of Pearson is uncertain at this time as their market share and price points continue to decline
Not much, but love it!
Part-time online writing tutor (Current Employee) –  remote/onlineNovember 13, 2018
I am a remote, part-time writing tutor, meaning I do my work online as I am available to take open opportunities. That said, I don't have as much to say in the way of the "important points" about the company, but the association has given me a chance to do something I love, even though it's not enough to pay the bills.
Great setting for intellectual, sales and marketing growth.
Sales/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2018
Dynamic organization going through major changes. Upper level management was in crisis during more than one nation-wide reorganization. Wonderful opportunities for growth, and long-term employment. Intellectually challenging, particularly in the area of content development
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Upper level management
It was ok.
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2018
I would not work there, only as a last resort option. The hours are really long and the environment is boring. Benefits were okay just expensive based on what we're paid.
Great money making opportunity for the unemployed
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2018
This was a great temporary job. You are trained and taught the normal procedures of the day. The people there are nice, and the work is easy enough to do. You are offered bonuses for excelling.
Pros
easy work, a great filler job
Cons
30 min scheduled lunch, seasonal work
Great Job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2018
Lot's of work, but very fulfilling. High learning curve but lots of support. Ability to "be your own boss" mentality. Great starting salary with lots of bonus incentives for reaching/surpassing sales goals.
Flexible work schedule but lacking appropriate compensation
QA Tester, Courseware QA, Math & Stats (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2018
Pearson is a decent company to start at but not good long term. Salary increases are minimal and do not account for the cost of living or increased responsibility. The open floor plan is not ideal for the type of work that requires a lot of focus.
Good for temp work
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 9, 2018
Job is not that hard, they train you well but you will often need to qualify for the longest assignments. You do need to be able to pay attention. Also will only work 3-4 months at most but pay is fair.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Temp contract
scorer
scorer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2018
I only worked at Pearson for 6 months. While there I was a scorer of state tests that were given to school students. I was happy while I was there. I was to work at my own pace. I left due to the part-time position.
Pros
I could work at my own pace.
Cons
It was only a part time position
Fun place to work and make life long friendships.
Regional Technology Project Manager - Territory (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Many Pearson employees work remotely. The company had a wonderful approach to work, life balance. Before layoffs, the energy among coworker was always uplifting.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Trabajo versatil con oportunidddes de crecimiento
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  LimaNovember 4, 2018
Trabajo que permitio expandir conocimientos y experiencias a nivel nacional e internacional.
Pros
seguro medico, comedor, refrigerador
Cons
oficina muy pequeña
Great place, but slowly fading
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 4, 2018
Pearson is a great place to work. They value their employees and make sure everyone is taken care of. Unfortunately, they have made some bad business decisions and acquisitions that have really sent them for a downward spiral for the last 5-7 years. Even though I don't work there any longer, I do root for them to pull out of their slump.
Good place to work for many years, but layoffs effected moral
VP Higher Education Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 1, 2018
Great company for many years, but do to poor growth the company began reorganizing 5 years ago, and is still in the process. So far over 1/3 of total company employees have been let go.
Pros
Love Education business, and loved the people I worked with
Cons
destructing, lack of quality focus on new direction
No hard work here
Test Center Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
The company has a lot of down time especially in the winter. The job is easy to grasp and not any hard work involved at all. It is involves a lot of sitting.
Pros
lots of off days
Cons
too many off days
Very stressful workplace
Program Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJOctober 20, 2018
While I enjoyed working with my colleagues and manager, I felt the company was always changing the work flow and it was very difficult to do my job and keep up with the changes.
Pros
Co-workers
Very productive and collaborative environment and professional
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2018
Excellent place to work lots of helpful and dedicated people to help you be successful. Long days but you get time off. Eat lots of nutritional foods that help with eyes and brain.
Pros
over time for high proficiency.
Cons
part time jobs are rare.
Not Enough Time
Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Work from homeOctober 17, 2018
This is a stressful job due to the demands of the job versus expectations. Pearson wants writing tutors to be able to come up with mini writing lessons in 30 minutes. It takes at least 10 minutes to read the essay and another 20 to craft a response. It's ridiculous and not worth the stress for such little pay. That's why they are alwsys hiring.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low pay for a very stressful job
Amazing Place to work
Technical support Agent K-12 Education (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 16, 2018
In my 4 years at Pearson I cross trained into multiple positions and in a very short period of time worked my way through 3 different positions and concluded my time as a Software Support Manager.
Pros
Free lunch on Wednesdays during Back to School
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

58%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss