Pearson
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Pearson Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
A typical day of work would include checking test takers' identification, admitting them to take their tests, proctoring the test takers while they took their tests to maintain security , and then deliver the results of the test to the appropriate place. Some other responsibilities were general test center upkeep such as, keeping the test area sanitized and, if need be, doing some repairs on the test center computers.The hardest part of the job was being able to juggle my work schedule around school, which I was attending full-time. The most enjoyable part was learning about all the different professions that we administered test for.
Pros
flexible with school, very easy commute
Cons
not in my field of expertise, not many opportunities for advancement
A typical work day includes verifying the identification or candidates who are registered to test at Pearson. I also monitor the candidates for the duration of their test time. I have learned and developed a skill for calming people who are extremely nervous. I have learned to process and file high security level documents. My colleagues have been a great team to be surrounded by. All of the staff are helpful and friendly. We work as a strong team to ensure all tasks are completed and all procedures are followed correctly. The hardest part of working for Pearson has been ensuring that all of the criteria for identification are met when we have an exceptionally large amount of candidates. The most enjoyable part of working for Pearson has been seeing the joy of the candidates when they successfully pass their examinations, and being there to celebrate and enjoy that moment with them.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.