Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

United States2,010 reviews

Found 2,010 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,779 reviews
scorebenefitscorertestavailtrainamazebore

Good part-time job during college

A typical day of work would include checking test takers' identification, admitting them to take their tests, proctoring the test takers while they took their tests to maintain security , and then deliver the results of the test to the appropriate place. Some other responsibilities were general test center upkeep such as, keeping the test area sanitized and, if need be, doing some repairs on the test center computers.The hardest part of the job was being able to juggle my work schedule around school, which I was attending full-time. The most enjoyable part was learning about all the different professions that we administered test for.

Pros

flexible with school, very easy commute

Cons

not in my field of expertise, not many opportunities for advancement

Semi-flexible

I enjoy the flexibility of some state scoring time frames. There maybe some states where the scoring window is shorter, so it feels like I can be in a time crunch and the work feels overwhelming.

Pearson insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

easy work for decent pay

I really enjoy working remotely for Pearson. The company is accommodating, nice supervisor and could be flexible. HR is a little hard to get in contact with over the phone but they will return an email. Overall, I would continue working for pearson

Low stress, detailed orientated repetitive work, flexible if you need time off.

Great projects to work on, management is supportive and there every step of the way. Full time employment seasonal works well for stay at home parents & retires, or unemployed.

Pros

If you need a day off, there is no penalty. Over time is great when deadlines are near.

Cons

Seasonal employment, pay could be better.

People who worked for me were awesome

Bad management with no clue about how to save a business. Unable to handle problems with bullying. Extremely clique and unfair. The hardest working employees are not respected.

Mismanagement and cliques

Most of your work or effort will be minimized by someone who refuses to give you any indication of how things operate. Corrections come quickly but answers to your questions can take days.

Work from home position

The job is pretty simple however, the pay is terrible! They give you the answers to the test questions however, students often have many different answers and perspectives to things.

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

Very low pay

Easygoing, remote opportunity

I enjoy working as a scorer from home. I was in the building in 2019 but now only score remotely. It is relatively easy once you get into it, but training keeps my mind busy. I enjoy the ability to work remotely. I wish there were more opportunities for scoring where I can put in my hours when I want, but I don't mind the 8-5:30 CST schedule.

Pros

Working remotely, kind scoring leads, helpful environment.

Cons

Lack of advancement, limited scoring opportunities.

Poor management

They hire unqualified people as managers and even when it’s obvious these managers can’t do the job effectively, they keep them in their positions. Also, very shady practices all around at the company, IMO. Glad not to be part of a company with those types of values anymore.

Remote Scoring

The flexibility offered for scoring is unbeatable as you make your own hours and have opportunity for more. Meeting the metrics for quality, can be rough depending on the subject matter, but coaching available for you to succeed.

Enjoyed the work environment.

The customers were easy to deal with. Coworkers were very kind and helpful. Toward the end of working for the company the department I was in had too many changes and not enough training to handle the sudden changes.

Proctoring

We were constantly checking in candidates for their exams and monitoring them while they where testing. Cleaning the workstations and materials (boards, booklets and pens) after each candidate completed their exam. The weekly updates were overwhelming. There was no room for growth.

Favoritism

It's a great place to work if you want to be treated unfairly and don't mind that bullying is tolerated by co-workers. Wages are barely above minimum and supervisors are rude and condescending - unless you are a favorite.

Pros

Nothing is free here

Cons

Favortism

Program Manager

Management is horrible and they don’t know as much as the PMs and trainers. They are constantly changing and nothing is organized. But they expect you to be. You can get answers but it depends on where the answer comes from if it’s correct. Very skilled, and knowledgeable people get overlooked for positions and they micromanage without training you.

Pros

You work from home.

Cons

Very Stressful job with no guidance!

Enjoyed Working From Home

I really loved just being able to work from home. I felt that the work was mainly straightforward, but we had a lot of help from our supervisor. It was a fun environment and the compensation is decent. I just wish I could do this year-round and be in the same project group for longer.

Great seasonal job!

May be repetitive for some, but I found it enjoyable. Pay isn't very high, but you get full time work with the possibility to work remotely, which is great! Supervisors and teams are great and helpful!

Great Temporary Job

The job is great. There are overtime hours available. It’s a shame that it is temporary. Synchronous scoring is actually pretty enjoyable. It’s nice to have questions answered in a timely manner.

Scorer (work from home-great)

I only work for a day but I can admit and I am at ease about the position especially when it come down what we are doing and the training is comprehensive. Overall, I can say this is great to have since you get to work from home.

Great company!

I began working for this company in college and oh boy did it open doors for me. Not only is it incredibly prestigious, it offers so much to an array of individuals!

Flexible and great manageds

All of the supervisors and managers and colleagues I worked with were super supportive and I made a lot of great friends while helping people and education.

Pros

Free lunches and feel spoiled!

Cons

Unclear job advancement opportunities

Great Flexibility

If you're a scorer, the work is flexible most of the time, and there are ample hours available, especially with larger projects. The only cons are not knowing if there is a project in the pipeline and the pay is a little on the low side.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

It's project-based

Common questions about Pearson

Answered by current and former employees at Pearson

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight