Pearson Employee Reviews

Found 1,113 reviews matching the search See all 1,560 reviews
Always worrying about layoffs
Senior Composition Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAFebruary 23, 2018
Bad management and demoralizing workplace. Good people but bad management. Benefits are good, but average compensation. Work here at your own risk. That is all/
Pros
Steady work
Cons
layoffs frequent
Opportunity for Process Improvement
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 21, 2018
In a phase of growth - pleasant staff. Pearson hires very qualified people but they're sometimes under utilized. Opportunity for grater collaboration, improvement in systems, and teamwork. Corporate location in NJ is more conducive to the above, but Pearson VUE is not necessarily required to perform to the same standards.
Pros
Pleasant people, on site parking, cafeteria, high growth
Cons
high turnover in dept, weak management, poor communication
Work from home
Scorer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Strict hours to commit to rather than having an open schedule option. Pay has decreased over the years. Projects are becoming few and far between. For example, since the SAT exam doesn't require writing an essay, there are less to score.
Ever Changing Education Company
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 20, 2018
Pearson is an oddball company that seems to be ever evolving into something else. It started out constructing piers in the UK, and then it grew into a publishing house, and evolved from there into an education company. Now, it's starting to delve into Artificial Intelligence and how it can be applied to said education, so if you happen to love learning something new, this is this place for you.
Pros
Always learning something new.
Cons
No set routines during restructuring.
Productive and Respectful of All Employees
Professional Exam Scorer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 17, 2018
I work on Seasonal Projects scoring exams where I am rewarded on scoring quality as well as production statistics. I can schedule my own work hours and do the work from home on my computer with a WIFI connection. Great second job.
Pros
Variable hours, rewards for production/quality
Cons
Seasonal employment
A joke, so much BS
Strategist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Every week there's a new process, new tracker, new employee (because of high turnover). It's impossible to grow or advance. I should say this isn't all Pearson, just the POLs division.
Generally a good place to work
Senior Information Experience Designer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 14, 2018
In my various roles, I worked with some great teams and with some great managers. With market factors, Pearson had to adapt and jobs were cut and some decisions were made that may not have been the greatest, but it is still a fine place to work.
A good job for a little extra pay
Professional Scorer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 12, 2018
Professional scoring with Pearson is a great way to earn a little extra cash in your free time at home. Hours are very flexible and the work is helping increase educational standards.
Flexible, Low pay
Online Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  OnlineFebruary 12, 2018
The flexibility of online tutoring was great. However, $11/hour for a person who holds a Master's degree is incredibly low. (I believe it's $10/hour with a Bachelor's degree.) There are many requirements to the tutoring process, and I often felt my feedback wasn't what the student wanted, but I was limited by the regulations set by the company. After a year, there were no advancements/raises, and I could not get anyone to share with me when/if raises came about.
Constant reorganization and down-sizing have resulted in bad morale and culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJFebruary 11, 2018
Pearson was a great company to work for but has been going through constant re-organization and down-sizing, which have affected the workplace culture and resulted in bad morale.
Pros
Benefits are ok
Cons
Continued restructuring and job eliminations. Insecurity.
Initially a good place to work but things have changed.
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, ILFebruary 10, 2018
It can be a good company to work for; however, there are constant changes with little to no feedback from the employees prior to the changes. Management is starting to micro-manage and change the culture.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
micromanagers
Pretty decent pay
Scorer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 7, 2018
Some projects have incentives for accuracy and speed. You can earn a lot more than the $12 minimum they pay. The only con would be no access to cell phones.
The unknown
Sales (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 7, 2018
There is a lot of unknown with this company. We are constantly lied to about restructuring decisions. The managers are great, but senior management isn't concerned about employees, just how much money they will save by cutting jobs. The quotas are hardly accurate so you have to rely on base pay to live on, which is already low. They don't take into consideration changes in each territory. They also make you take over more territories, which is more work and the SAME pay.
Pros
healthcare, free food, work/life balance
Cons
low pay, gossiping
Pearson Educational Measurement Summary
Scorer/assessor (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day consisted of an Eight hour shift. I learned how to evaluate English and Math assessments for individual students and for some statewide school placement tests.The managers helped with any questions. I worked with some very smart people. The hardest part of the job was staying focused and alert. The room was quiet and you were reading from and computer monitor most of the day. I enjoyed the satisfaction of contributing to the educational testing and evaluating process in a meaningful way.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Reading to evaluate constantly.
A Good Place to Work.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 7, 2018
Sadly, I was only hired for beginning of year support, and that was only temporary. Paid well, work wasn't too stressful, and people there were fun to work with.
loved working for Pearson
Digital Educational Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAFebruary 5, 2018
I had a blast working for Pearson. Everyday getting to speak to students and educators in higher education mae for a great change on the day to day. I had the best team and manager ever so that also helped. I was not planning on ever leaving however my district had a huge layoff and unfortunate i was part of that.
Pros
company car, great managers
Cons
large layoffs do happen in this industry
a company in chaos
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 5, 2018
Pearson is a massive company made up of hundreds of little companies. There is no unified vision and the best and brightest are overlooked & end up leaving.
Don't work here
N/A (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2018
High stress environment, cut throat. Very little support and on boarding process is terrible. Management is completely out of touch with employees and have very little concern for team's well being.
Loved meeting people from around the world
Marketing and Sales Specialist, Higher Education (Former Employee) –  Upper Saddle River, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Room for advancement. Interaction with may people from around the world. Important role for the department. Loved going to our bi-yearly sales meetings and meeting everyone.
Pros
Was able to travel
Cons
Supervisor was two faced.
Highly Respected
Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2018
Caring atmosphere, relaxed management and opportunities for open areas of advancement. Employees expectations and perspectives respected. Relaxed atmosphere allows for more ease of collaboration with out the sense of competitive stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

45%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss