Pebble Beach Employee Reviews

Fun
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAApril 3, 2019
It was fun place to be. Enjoyed working there. Everyone was so nice . I learned a lot int he company. If the schedule was better i would definitely go back.
Cook in the banquet kitchen
cook 3 (Former Employee) –  The LodgeSeptember 4, 2018
Pebble Beach is absolutely stunning to look at and the culinary team at the lodge is pretty much unrivaled. I learned so much working here, and I constantly reference and brag about my experience to potential employers. Pebble Beach is world famous and most celebrities and high profile athletes know about it. The work is stressful and it can be draining especially when you don't know what your schedule is going to be from week to week, but I would recommend this place to anyone who is serious and passionate about food. If you put in the work it is extremely rewarding and if I still lived in the area I would reapply in a heartbeat.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts, free golf (with stipulations)
Cons
stressful at times
Phenomenal
Spanish Bay Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAAugust 3, 2018
Amazing brand to work for. Great service to guest and staff. Excellent health benefits. Comfortable working environment. I would recommend The Pebble Beach brand to anyone looking for professional growth.
Great team members , beautiful views , lots of red tape.
Senior Reservations Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJuly 28, 2017
Pebble Beach totes itself as a premier employer on the Monterey Peninsula.
In some ways it is, but all the red tape really restricts the highly qualified individuals that they hire. High turn over rate as advancement is very limited.If you plan on working your way up in the company be ready to be in the same position for 5+ years.Employees in the higher up positions do not often let go of those positions.Golf benefits for the Pebble Beach courses and ok Medical.
Pros
Free lunch, free golf, free medical
Cons
Red tape, little advancement opportunities.
It was fun working here
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CaliforniaApril 8, 2017
Although I was only an intern, it was a great experience because they really treat you like a co-worker and not as a student. They teach you a lot and let you do things on your own once you're already familiar with everything. Everyone is very nice and friendly as well. But there are a lot of kitchen conflicts and misunderstandings.
Pros
Free employee's meal (full meal and snacks)
Cons
A lot of kitchen misunderstandings
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 10, 2017
amazing awesome working here love everything people are really nice its really good to work here really great apply. good job they are nice, and treat nice
Great Company
Director of Technical Services (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 26, 2016
Pebble beach is a Great Company with a Long History,
Low Stress- I have learned tons about hospitality and the systems.
solid team with many years experience.
Pros
free Lunches and discounrts
Cons
seluded in the forest
Good\Bad
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 4, 2016
Typical day at work clocking in, getting cash out and greet the customers as the day began

I learned a lot by working there such as:
handling money
cashier
being greeter at the door
open\close
checking merchandise
working at the cash register

The management team was not helpful. My team complained about management and nothing was done after meetings and multiple talks which led to frustration with in the department. Manager leaving for hours and no where to be found

The hardest part was checking merchandise in

The most enjoyable part of my job was the teamwork within my great co-workers and the communication was stable
Pros
learning, full healthcare benefits, getting paid while attending meetings
Cons
short breaks, manager leaving for hours and not helping, pay
Absolute great place to be!
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Pebble Beach is an amazing company to work for. The culture is built on trust and integrity and it shows. Everyone loves to be in hospitality and Pebble Beach recognizes that.

They offer training that most would have to pay for and they are free!

This is a world class company.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Culture, Job Training
#1 golf resort in the country, and we put in the effort to maintain that standing.
Assistant-In-Training (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Most important thing I've learned here is that being out of your comfort zone means you're consistently improving. I look for those types of situations so I can keep improving my skill set.

Management is incredible here. They are highly desirable jobs and filled by the best in the business. They're the main reason why we're the standard in golf.

Hardest part of the job is the language barrier between employees. Majority of the employees within my department speak Spanish yet we still find ways to effectively communicate.
Pros
Free lunches, challenging and competitve work environment
Cons
high pressure, 365 days a year job.
Greeting Clients and excorting them to their spa services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach Ca.September 22, 2015
I enjoyed interacting with elite clients. I provided and manufactured spa products or services. I loved promoting services of the spa during special events. I provided excellent customer service to all clients.
Pros
Elite Clients, and beautiful environment
World Class work experience
Reservations/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CASeptember 11, 2015
This company treats its employees impeccably. Creates a strong sense of loyalty through strong team building practices. Providing solid base pay plus incentive programs.
Pros
Pay plus commission., product knowledge stays
Cons
must sit in cubicl
Fun and Energetic all Departments worked together well.
Group Billing/Guest Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAAugust 27, 2014
I managed groups from the initial call of planning a group event to the final audit and payment.
I loved being able to meet so many different people.
I had a group coming in on 9/11/2001 (WTC) this was very hard and I went above and beyond for this group due to the event affect this group enormously.
Productive and fun work place
Full Time Nanny (Current Employee) –  Benton, LAAugust 5, 2014
I loved the kids I taught and watched on a daily basis and I really enjoyed my job. The parents treated me like I was part of the family. I would get to work at 7:30 every weekday working and get off work around 5:30 every evening.
Excellent golf resort, employees and guests, but low pay.
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CANovember 23, 2013
Sales representative at a main retail shop at Pebble Beach. Convey value of products to customers, answer any questions about the resort, and direct people in the right direction. Also requires stocking, inventory, and proper display of products.
All customers are ecstatic to be here, so they are always very friendly and happy.
A simple, easy position to hold and maintain.
Pros
Free lunches, great golf benefits, happy customers, fun employees
Cons
Low pay, advancement is difficult
fun workplace
Greenskeeper (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAJune 5, 2013
pebble beach is my favorite. being a part of a world wide organization and meeting celebrities everyday is a plus.
pebble beach company
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CADecember 15, 2012
help assist guests and members, restock
how to be a team player
management was great
co workers were not up to par but kind
it was a laid back job and i enjoyed it
the benifits were very good
Pros
benifits
Cons
co workers were a little on the lazy side
Great people and all work as a team and fun place to work
Corporate banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CASeptember 7, 2012
I like starting at 5am I was train you don't sit around when theres work to be done,makeing coffee and filling coffee contaiers for banquet tables, setting up tables chairs , clean linen, buffeting silverware,and glasses, .Putting all Items on setting tables, all condimets, My crew learder and me would continue as other workers came in at 8am, lots of rush rush but fun , Management is great to work for , they are always happy when they can make sure the worker are following their direction with not so much supervision, Co- worker are good we all work as ateam and make sure we cover each other for breaks letting our leaders know, No hard part all is a adventure and fun,and we are train great thru our team leaders.I do fronthouse and backhouse. ON CALL for SPECIAL EVENTS Only
Pros
the company provides great meals
Cons
none to report
Great teamwork, great working enviroment
Assistant Front Desk Manager Inn at Spanish Bay (Current Employee) –  Pebble Beach, CAMay 31, 2012
Working the overnight shift at Spanish bay has provided me with many learning opportunities concerning running a buisness, personal growth as a department manager, as well as greater problem solving skills in peculiar sitations. It has also given me a greater sense of to the meaning guest service or customer service.
Pros
good health benefits as well a good competitive wages.
Cons
not sure if there are any.