Pecan Valley Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
PASRR IDD Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TX 76048April 30, 2018
I have worked for PV Centers off and on for 22 years. Training was excellent in the 90's. I enjoyed working for an reputable organization that provided paid leave, health care and retirement benefits. The working environment was professional. I enjoyed working as IDD PASRR SC. It was hard when we were short staffed and I had to cover MI and IDD caseloads. I sent a majority of my time training LTC FC's on their roles and responsibilities regarding PASRR.
Pros
ability to flex your hours
I initially was excited however once I was hired I realized there was no balance in the company.
Full time Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXApril 6, 2018
I was told during my interview that there would be someone to help me transition, however I was thrown into a caseload that was over 100 youth under the age of 12 years old.
Pros
The location of the main building was close to my home.
Cons
The structure of the organization was extremely poor.
Highly political
CLINIC MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXDecember 12, 2017
lack of clear direction.
Good ole-boy network in administration.
Ethics are questionable.
office politics are divisive.
staff to client ratio poor.
good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hostile environment
Loved this job
Residental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXNovember 26, 2017
I loved the people I worked with, I loved the company, and most importantly loved my clients. If I didn't move, I wouldn't have ever left. The manager is so understanding and fun. Everyone is a big family and does the most to help the clients and each other.
Loved my clients and co workers
IDD service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXNovember 9, 2017
Enjoyable entry level job , co workers and clients made each day enjoyable, the pay was not the best but the overall morale and environment made up for the typical non profit salary .
Extremely Stressful
Youth Case Manager/YES Waiver Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXSeptember 17, 2017
The company tends to place profits above client care. Retention of employees, also tends to take a backseat to incessantly changing rules and regulations.
Pros
Decent benefits
Fun and productive work environment.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 6, 2017
This clinic had an exceptional workplace culture, management was willing to listen and incorporate new ideas and creativity and I was able to receive supervision and mentors that assisted me in continuing my knowledge and experience in the field.
The most enjoyable part of the job was good humor and exceptional team work.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
High case load at times.
I think the star rating says it all
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMarch 25, 2017
see star rating. admin not good. under & unqualified narcissistic power hungry men. if you are ethical and work hard you wont make it. unethical and lazy....your golden
Pros
good place to get internship hours
Cons
administration
Stressful and rewarding
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hood County, TXFebruary 20, 2017
Working with the clients is very rewarding. In the office we always have more things piled on us. You never know what is coming next.
Need a better state facility for medically ill people
Clinical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 13, 2017
People that work there are just there to draw a paycheck, they could care less if the clients get help. Management is horrible. There are lazy people that expect you to do their job for them. I have never worked for a place that had so many people back stabbing and talking behind each others backs. There was NO teamwork. When I was let go, my clinical manager and office manager was unaware what was going on.
Pros
people you meet
Cons
work environment, co-workers are lazy and very inhumane, Most coworker are there just to draw a paycheck they dont care about people or helping them.
Loved working for pecan valley
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJanuary 6, 2017
I loved working for this company however I did not have a stable baby sitter and I had to quit. All of my Children are now in school.
Inadequately ran agency
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The agency has a fifty percent turn over (notice the various vacancies) rate due to lack of appreciation of staff and under compensation which contributes to low morale and poor services to clients. Management is top heavy and lacks appropriate education requirements. They lack the ability to successfully disseminate and implement valuable training and information agency wide. The medical and dental are overpriced (but change yearly) benefits, however, employees have the opportunities of an HRA or FSA. The IRA is not too bad; the agency contributes eight percent while employees contribute a mandatory four percent. If you are able remain an employee for five consecutive years, you are entitled to both agency and employee contributions. Pecan Valley Centers do not provide adequate or efficient IDD or Mental Health Services.
Pros
Income
Cons
High turn over
Fun environment and very welcoming
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 2, 2016
I just started working for Pecan Valley Centers and I already love it. I feel very welcomed and my coworkers are very nice. It is a relatively relaxed environment but there is always something to do. Great company to work for. I am excited to see what the future holds for PVC!
Awesome experience working here
Admin (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 2, 2016
I really enjoy working for Pecan Valley Centers. Everyone in my department has been very welcoming and helpful. It's a great work environment and I get along well with everyone. I enjoy my daily tasks and feel like I am well trained and able to excel at my job. My management always has an open door policy and are easily accessible if I need anything. I have recommended Pecan Valley to several people and will continue to do so.
Pros
flexibility, great working environment, Pto
Cons
no paid holidays
Great opportunity for growth in your career
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Pecan Valley has provided me with a foundation in which I have been able to build a career. The flexibility as well as the people I work with make working here worthwhile. It was a great place for entry level jobs straight out of college as well.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Flexibility, Atmosphere
Poor management
entry level (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 25, 2015
Poor management, discrimination and harassment is ok unless you are a favorite by management, otherwise you will be ridiculed and treated unfairly and will be made to accommodate the favorite.
Secure and dependable
MED DATA SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  CLEBURNE, TEXASJune 25, 2015
I enjoy my job because I like to help our clients. I enjoy knowing what I will be doing each day. It lacks challenge. I am able to work alone without supervision. I do not like that lack of communication between management and the rest of the agency. I do not feel appreciated.
I like my coworkers.
Pros
security, free lunches from drug reps
Cons
low pay, lack of appreciation
Working with people
Lead Residential Trainer/House Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Supervising individuals with intellectual disabilities, payroll, making sure the house functions properly, data entry, weekend on call supervisor for 5 houses. Order and administer medication as ordered by the Dr's
I have learned to be a better person work with the people I work with.
Management is good. could use a little more proper communication.
My co workers are awesome. Very smart.
making sure that at the end of the month all documents are signed or/or entered in to the computer.
I love working with people
Pros
Working with a great group of people, seeing them acheive their goals, a chance to make a difference
Cons
Lack of communication with management, behvaiors, being attacked by a client, getting paid once a month
Loved working for this company! Great management, bosses, colleagues, doctors, everybody! I plan to apply for a job again there soon.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  CleburneNovember 16, 2014
Pros
It is just an all-around great place to work!
Cons
Can't think of any.
Prime example of wasted tax dollars.
Mental Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXNovember 3, 2014
This company is an embarrassment to healthcare. It's unsanitary, non compliant with state and federal regulations, and managed by uneducated, inexperienced professionals. Only employees they're interested in employing are the ones that don't know any better and can't point out the multiple violations taking place daily. Reporting my findings only led to retaliation and dismissal. Don't settle for companies that encourage bad practices. Non profit shouldn't mean you sacrifice employee and patient safety. Very lazy company, unwilling to set goals and focus on improvement processes. The state should be ashamed to know their funding facilities that operate in the manor.
Pros
No supervision
Cons
No supervision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pecan Valley Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Pecan Valley Centers Reviews by Location