Pediatria Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun kids a lot of work in the am
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wyncote, PADecember 30, 2017
Fun but people tend to play around to much at work and aids do other things than work no benefits and no paid time off for all the work u do very stressful everyone is alway quiting and they keep hiring
Pros
The children and experience
Cons
Work mangment and aid staff
Loved this company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 28, 2017
I was a home health nurse for pediatrics. I loved the kids and management was very supportive. At the time I left I needed to care for my husband who was terminally ill, when I returned there were not enough hours so I had to take a job elsewhere or I would not have left
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
lack of hours
Rewarding
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 16, 2017
Keep professional in home and also understanding that is hard when it someone else child. There was great understanding as the supervisor had moved up in place from where other nurses are.
Pros
caring supervisor
Cons
parents can be hard
Great for some,depending on your situation.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2017
As a retired RN this company suits me well, especially when I will get back to 2 10 hour shifts that I started with. Now I am covering vacations and working more than I would like. One nurse one patient is something I never had in my long career. I love it. My Supervisor is great, and mailing paper work is so convenient. Who needs to deal with management! Direct deposit helps too. Also I am not looking for any benefits. I am free to come and go as I please. Therefore the pay is adiquate for me. I do accumulate sick time by the hour. Now the down side is dealing with families. Since most clients are on State Aide, the prime care person is home and usually on your back and not appreciative of your knowledge or experience. They are the hard part of the job. The trade off is if you are not there they take over. Therefore humility is an asset. Who cares if they need to humiliate you to help them feel useful. I rose to the top in my career as a nurse, and am not looking for validation. I know who I am. Strong Faith is an asset most of all. Nurses need to go and pay their dues in the work force before they deal with this type of job. Everyone would like a young pretty nurse, but you end up with disgruntled employees and frustrated employers. That's my take on the company.
Pros
One nurse one patient.
Cons
Overbearing families.
Terrible home health company
RN (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 29, 2017
Horrible company to work for, absolutely NO communication between clients family, management and nursing staff. Drove countless times to clients homes only to be told I was cancelled and never formally notified by on call supervisor. Hours varied every week with some weeks with no hours or a paycheck. The office staff are clueless and the administrator is a joke who just sees dollar signs for staff to cover cases. Wouldn't recommend this company to my enemies children or anyone. Oh and orientation is also a joke, don't waste your time or energy with this company.
Pros
Cons
You name it
Best company to work for sadly they were bought out by Epic who are HORRIBLE
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMarch 31, 2017
best place to work at, director was the best and truly cared for the patients but since Epic took over its a disaster all they care about is the money
Pros
director and staff are kind and caring great communication
Cons
Epic took over and now its an EPIC FAILURE
Dysfunctional at BEST
Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 2, 2017
The upper management was so consumed with micromanagement that they did not allow their managers to do their job. They allowed subordinate staff to call them directly and it was disastrous to the overall office functioning.
Pros
Great Nursing Experience
Cons
Terrible Upper Management
Very Important Job
Nurse /Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Took care of medically fragile children on a daily basis. I helped assist the Nurse's daily with medication reminders, tube-feedings, feeding schedules, charts with vital signs and weigh in's.
Run
VP of Private Duty Nursing (Former Employee) –  GADecember 28, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. Totally dysfunctional. Staff turnover is the highest I've ever seen. They were just bought out by Epic but if they kept the corporate staff- nothing will change.
Pros
Great workers and clients! Management is very poor!
RN (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 5, 2016
No upper management support given. Orientation is a joke. The staff and kids are a joy to work with but with no support from management it makes for a difficult place to work at. The pay is also very low.
Fun Work place
cna (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 11, 2016
Typical work day at work is coming in feeding the kids changing diapers. The hardest part is driving all the way to work to find out that your cancel the next 3 hours later after you drove a long way
Pros
kids
Mixed bag
Nurse (Current Employee) –  GAAugust 30, 2014
The company (along with several others) does the important work of taking care of of medically fragile children and much of the caseload is children from poor families. The quality of care both in the day care centers and at home is good as far as I have observed. However there are several problems. One, not of the companies doing is the work the state of Georgia is doing to kick as many poor children as possible out of the programs which help them thrive (or in some cases even just survive).
Compounding that though has been mistakes by Pediatria in filing required information with the state.
For the worker cases can very abruptly come and go.
Another issue is extreme turn over in the management and supervising staff which has lead to mistakes in scheduling and poor communication.
The corporate culture is somewhat rigid and too hierarchical so the top does not accept input from below.
Great experience!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Wyncote, PAJune 13, 2014
o Patient assessment, take vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, weight, pulse)
o Completes physical & mental health assessments
o Give medications as prescribed by physician
o Develops care plans for patients, helping them be as independent as possible
o Basic wound care including cleaning and bandaging injured areas, give injections, immunizations
o Take medical histories, record data into computer systems
o Monitor fluid and food intake and output
o Reposition the patients, assess for medications reactions
o Check the patients level of consciousness and provide emotional support
o Assist with patients daily living activities
o I do all these intervention under the supervision of the Registered Nurse
great job
clinical coordinator/case manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2012
My experience at Pediatria was for the most part, fun and rewarding. I loved the opportunity to be in the office to do the paperwork, and also go out in the field and see the patients. As a case manager, you get the best of both worlds. I regreat that the company moved too far away and I had to move as well. One of the nicest jobs and employers I've had.
Pros
flexible hours, autonomy.
Cons
? for some people could be the specific deadlines for 485 submission./ lower pay rate.
Fun workplace
Harrisburg, pa (Former Employee) –  Medical assistantNovember 3, 2011
I really loved working here. The time with the children is great and you really get attached to them. The kids are playful and lovable.
Cons
no pto or holiday pay