Pediatric Associates Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly work place.
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 10, 2018
We had an excellent staff who displayed great teamwork. Some of which I learned was billing and coding and how to obtain health benefits through health insurance companies. The office was a very fast paced setting which made the day go by fast. Our managers were great on positive reinforcement which kept the job morality up. The most enjoyable part of the job was how well the employees worked together.
Pros
Free lunches from medical representatives.
care manager
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 24, 2018
Bad management. Very little benefits. Not good for work/life balance with family. Business is really more focus on $$$$ then patient care. Nice workplace culture but not really applied on the day to day.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Very poor benefits
Productive enviroment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 9, 2018
I have a float position for the company so every day I am in a different lab but the procedure is the same across the board. Pediatric Associate typical day consists of opening up the lab. Turning on all the equipment for the day from the computer, CBC machine, bilirubin machine, UA machine, and the z-conn ( which connects the CBC and UA machine to the computer) in order for the results to cross over to the EHR. Run controls on the CBC, UA, and bilirubin machine every morning. After all, that fill out the quality control book which includes the temperature and humidity of the lab, temp for the incubator that hold the agar plates, that biohazard bags have been changed, all controls have passed for the day, and that the eyewash stations are working properly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No compensation for gas.
Practice Manager position
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARMarch 18, 2018
I loved the job as Practice Manager. I was responsible for day to day management of clerical, clinical staff as well as Providers - MDs and APRNs. I have had a long-term career in managing people and working in areas such as Quality and other programs like MU and PCMH. I love a challenge.

I learned that even though I had many years of experience in regulatory compliance, human resources etc. my opinions and thoughts were not always accepted or appreciated by the two MD partners. They wanted to take risks that I was not willing to take.

I loved the staff and providers. I hated to give up the job but was pushed by the partners to take less money or take on more work than I could possibly do.
Pros
Paid health benefits, close to home, good salary, worked 32 hours\week
Cons
Micromanagement of Partners; Conflict between the two partners routinely
Great workplace
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camillus, NYSeptember 9, 2018
Pediatric associates was a great place to work while I was finishing high school. Unfortunately I could not make enough money to make ends meet here. After high school I had found a new job with more hours.
Pros
Health care provider, relaxed work environment, friendly environment
Cons
Not enough salary
Great place to work!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 31, 2018
Pediatric Associates is an awesome place to work. Staff is great and help each other in need. Work can be flexible depending on your personal need. Employees have good benefits and bonuses available.
Pros
Flexible
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant/ Back office (Former Employee) –  UnknownJune 5, 2018
The office is great to work in, my manager, the Doctors were great no complaints but when it comes to corporate in the business office there rude, and think they can talk to you any kind of way because there above you. They don’t care about you they just want to get rid of the great ppl and bring in new people so they can pay them a low rate. They put too much work for the M.A. ‘s not enough pay. Don’t like how they treat us
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Salary
Financially strong company that cares about patients and employees
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 25, 2018
Regular employee incentive and appreciation programs were in place
Flexible hours when necessary for employees
Financially strong company always looking for the best practices and programs to improve as an overall company
Pros
Flexible hours, bonus incentives, PTO benefits
Cons
Evening meetings, long commute
Fun place to work part-time, kind coworkers, ridiculous clients(at the particular location)
Hearing and Vision Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLFebruary 9, 2018
It was fun getting to know everyone and work with the doctors and their nurses - they can be both professional and hilarious when the time calls for it. The pay is low but the clients, though sometimes rude and impatient, were generally respectful. It serves as a decent introductory job to the medical field and gives an idea of what it would be like to be a clinical assistant, under stressful and otherwise situations. Management needs to be tested and restructured.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, sometimes free lunch, amiable coworkers
Cons
No financial benefits as a Hearing and Vision Assistant, payed just above minimum wage
Good company to work for depending on the location
FRONT OFFICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 16, 2018
Overall good company to work for, not very much opportunity for advancement unless you are a doctor but otherwise good company with good benefits for full-time not so much for part-time
Pros
Free lunch during meetings, "meetings are on the clock"
Cons
Working with the public can be stressful
Loved working there but..
AH Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 22, 2018
When i applied for this job... i informed them that i already worked a full time job. I needed this second job because i was a single mother of 4 children. I could not do their 1 week paid training because it was the first week of school and i work at a school in the front office. I could not miss a day. So they told me that they would train me while i worked. I was very greatful that they would do that. They started with checking in... i really enjoyed talking to the parents of the kids. Then was checking out. That was a bit more complex. But they did show me. And expected me to know what i was doing after 1 hour training. Really? Not all people learn the same. I need a bit more then an hour to learn a multi system desktop. And having over 5 different log in and passwords... and they want you to know this in an hour? Would have loved to do the training ... probably would have left my full time to join PA full time. But i guess it wasn’t meant to be.
Pros
Free lunches/snacks, great team of people, super clean, nights can run long.
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism, poor management... it’s who you know
worst place to work... it's as if you are back in high school
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 6, 2018
employees form cliques. employees harass each other and make the work place unacceptable to work in. when someone is assigned to work in a certain station they don't usually work in that station. most people walk away from their assigned stations numerous times a day just for the sake of it. only certain employees are expected to pull the weight while management sits on their but all day long.
Stressful money hungry business!
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLOctober 6, 2017
I worked at two different locations and it was the same nonsense across the board. They encourage overbooking doctors on a 5 minute apart appointment template on the off chance that their were multiple no shows. But on most days patients appointments were kept and they would have to wait hours to see a doctor. And the front office staff would be left to deal with the angry parents without a reasonable explanation for their wait time. The service is not about the patients but more about numbers instead. How many patients can they see within a certain time period? From 7:45am until 11:30am, one doctor would see 20 to 30 patients. Like I said it is all about numbers with this company. And I do not recommend that you take your child there.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible pay
Challenging but fun place to work
Receptionist/Billing Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 7, 2018
A fast paced multi-physician practice, had to juggle many things at once but had flexibility with schedules. Fun to interact with families and kids. Family atmosphere. Management were supportive of family commitments. Hardest part of the job was multi-tasking and keep track of all doctors on a given day. The most enjoyable part was helping families and kids, seeing babies grow as time passed and kids telling about their accomplishments. Excellent place to work.
Pros
Short commute, family friendly atmosphere, flexibility
Cons
low pay
This is a company that is good for beginners. If you are a student, this is definitely the place to work. They will work with your schedule.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 9, 2017
They offer a competitive salary and benefits. This is definitely the place to gain experience in both healthcare and customer service in general. Ypu will learn a lot working there.
Stressful and very clicky place to work.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  2865 chancellor Dr Edgewood kyDecember 22, 2017
Very stressful place to work. Very clicky group of women almost the verge of bulling. A lot of work load for the pay. No recognition for a good job done.
Pros
Free lunches and flexible schedule
Cons
Healthcare, office morale, raises
great work environment great doctors
Lab Tech/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 27, 2018
This was a great place to start my medical career. I started as a lab tech and they quickly saw they wanted to promote me to a M/A and a lab tech as well. I loved that they saw enough in me to let me do both. It was a great opportunity.
Fast paced
Medial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 21, 2018
This job is very fast paced, we have 8 providers and each provider may see up to 20 patients a day. Working at this practice I have learned a lot, how to swab and test for strep throat and flu, how to do urinalysis and cultures, how to do hemoccults and mono spots. I learned how to give vaccines to newborns up until adults. The hardest part of the job is having multiple patients while needing to immunizations or lab results. The most enjoyable part of this job is communicating with the children. No matter how rough your day is going, they will always put a smile on your face.
Pros
only working 4 days a week
Cons
10 hour days
Beautiful enviroment filled with positive and uplifting co-workers.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 2, 2018
My experience was more than pleasant. My supervisors were guiding and very instructive all the while maintaining a happy enviroment to work around. The energy was always positive, which in turn communicated well with the practices young patients.
Pros
You feel comfortable bringing your younger family members to the doctors on staff
Cons
Irrate patients, Constant disney movies, frequency of beign sick increases
Fun and depenable place to work
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 22, 2018
Most enjoyed career. need to work on pay rate.
Workplace culture was fun but we also made sure everyday tasks were complete. Hardest part of job was learning and adminstering vaccations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pediatric Associates. Our community is ready to answer.