Pediatrix Medical Group Employee Reviews

Friendly primary care office
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2018
Pediatrix is a great pediatrician office with friendly and knowledgeable staff. The doctors truly care about the patients and families. Great stepping stone into the medical field
Hearing Screener for new born babies
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 11, 2018
hearing screening on new born babies, I learned how to calm babies down and swaddle the babies so the computer can preform the hearing screen on them.
hearing screener
Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJune 11, 2018
wonderful part time job. very flexible. coordinator was amazing. the nurses at the hospital were wonderful. allowing infants have early intervention with hearing loss was the best feeling i have ever had.
opinion varies depending on medical director
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 11, 2018
First Pediatrix job was excellent. Seemed to have strong management, educational focus, and our director allowed self scheduling for the most part that worked with a routine 80 hrs Per pay period and straight time for overtime worked.
My next job with Pediatrix was different. Only two practitioners for a three practitioner job. OT was routine and expected but paid as straight time. No time for conferences, and no one in pediatrix cared that we were overworked. Not a good second experience largely because of the Neonatology director. It did surprise me that MEdnax would let this go on. Not safe
Pros
educational budget and conference opportunities
Cons
if you have a bad medical director you are sunk and the company does not care
great company
Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 6, 2018
This company is very flexible when it comes to scheduling. There is definitely an opportunity for growth within the company. Great company to work for !!!
Not enough hours or pay, but enjoyed the job
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FL 33323May 7, 2018
I was a hearing screener and the shift was every other weekend, with low pay. There is never a set number of hours worked because the time you are clocked in depends on the number of babies needing a screen and how quickly you go through all of the infants. I loved the job, but wanted more hours, which wasn't an option because they don't really advance hearing screeners; if you are lucky enough to get promoted, it's to a coordinator and that's still part time, but during the week.
Rewarding
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMay 1, 2018
Screeners typically work on their own. A typical day could be between 30 minutes and 4 hours at my site. Each workplace/hospital is different since Pediatrix is a contract company. The hardest part of the job would be the pay but helping screen babies' hearing is so rewarding for me.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not many hours
Bad place to work, lots of demands.
ADMINISTRATIVE PATIENT ACCOUNT SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAApril 18, 2018
The company was a great place to work until they started out sourcing. Some of the staff and managers are not knowledgeable when it comes to work but are very rude and demanding.
Management lacks mature and intelectual communication skills
Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2018
Management lacks the necessary communication skills required to accomplish and exceed daily goals and priorities. Management to employee communication is often viewed as demeaning and cynical.
Pediatrix Caribbean Office - oppressive and unprofessional
Administration (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoMarch 19, 2018
The PR office is directed by the brother of the President and Major Investor who has lack of professionalism and misbehaviour in the office toward employees. If you report his conduct or the issues to their Corp Complaince dept, HR dept, VP or PR President (brother) nothing is done. Instead, people are threatened to cover up this executive. As a result, good people have left the company due to this ongoing situation. A bad example of what power may do to less fortunate people and to excellent employees in companies like this one. This is even worst when the direct line in command are brothers. Perfect example of nepotism. So sad to see prospered companies like MEDNAX lost its reputation in the industry for their lack of action, good judgement and not value their resources, employees!!!
Pros
Salaries, benefits
Cons
Unprofessional & hostile work environment where only who are puppets survives
Excellent job with oppotunity to gain experience and knoledge
Pediatrician (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 14, 2018
Excellent Job with oportunity to gain knoledge and skills through neonatology, PICU, NICU and Emergency Room.The hardest part was the night shifts. The most enjoyable part was working with needy community.
Pros
benefits offered, retirement, 401k, health insurance
Cons
Schedules offered were variable.
Business Systems Specialist - from (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 2, 2018
My direct supervisor was nice, the manager above her wasn't and the director was not a pleasant woman. Constant over looking and not allowing people to move or improve themselves from moving from one department to another. Many co-workers had tried 7 or 10 times to change to another dept without avail. I was one of the lucky ones on my 3rd attempt I was able to transfer.
The director allowed for nepotism and thought sometimes her denial of a transfer for a person was just in many cases it wasn't.
Pros
Hours of the job
Cons
Pretty much the management and work enviroment
It was a great place to work until they went public
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 27, 2018
It was an extremely wonderful place to work 6 years ago however they changed management team and now known Mednax health solutions. They are down sizing
Pros
16 Pto hours monthly, bonuses, pay rate.
Cons
They went public and into a management team things changed drastically
Hard to advance
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 26, 2018
Once a newborn hearing screener, always a newborn hearing screener. The company makes it very hard to advance further than being a part-time newborn hearing screener.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No healthcare, no benefits, no advancement opportunities
productive, busy
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Days varies, some times smooth, answer all question in regards to resolving accounts to the collectors, managers and the outsource company. This company use to be very good to work for, until they outsource work and laying people off. I love the flex hours and my boss does not micro manage. I work better when a boss is understanding sincere and do not micro manage.
Currently they are cutting back too much and giving us more practice to handle with less people to work. it's very stressful for the last 2 months, and it's not looking secure. I feel like they are going to let go everyone off soon and will outsource everything to the company that they bought. I've learn a lot about collection wise and insurance billing and management skills.
Pros
flex time, benefits
Cons
Too much work with not enough people to work and they do not allow over time.
I do not want to partake in this
Technical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I do not want to partake in this.I would like to move on from this. I do not wish to partake into this at this current moment. I no longer work there.
good place to work
manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Good place with alot of options as long as you fit into the culture that is created there. There are good benefits and opportunity if that is what you are looking for!
Great Structure
Neonatal Government Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 10, 2018
Great structure and accountability matrix set up for the employees. You always knew where you stood due to the measurements of productivity and results being measured with statistics.
Pros
Software and reporting statistics are excellent
Cons
some processes could be streamlined due to paper waste
Love my job
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAFebruary 3, 2018
Love my job! Just not enough hours to pay the bills, so i am looking for additional work. Pediatrix is a great company, it is part of the overall Mednax Corp.
Good
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJanuary 24, 2018
I worked with Mednax for 34 years, started with the company when there was only 4 physicians. It was great to work with them as the company grow. They have work environment that feels like a family.