Peet's Coffee & Tea
73Above average

Peet's Coffee & Tea Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA1 review
Found 1 review matching the search with 15 related reviews.
As a college student I have found that coffee shops are the optimal place to work. Usually we have ever changing and awkward schedules that make us work either really early in the morning or later in the afternoon into the night. At the Peet's I work at I am able to easily change my work availability without really losing hours due to the long coffee shop days (4am-9pm). Coffee shops are also jobs were you have to learn to work with a whole lot of people in a very small space. Not just customer's but other employees as well. I have quickly learned leadership and training skills while teaching RA's, conflict resolution and how to work easily in a fast paced environment. I've learned to work and deal with many different personalities and how to get those different personalities working as a team. Customer Service is an valuable skill that many people never have the pleasure of getting.
As far as management I have seen better, however I do not believe this is the companies fault. I believe I just got a lemon and learned how to work around the situation. Peet's has wonderful benefits for it's employees, but no much advancement within the store itself. From what I have seen you tend to get promoted to Shift, but any higher they seem to hire from the outside.

All in all a great learning experience and job for someone in college.
Pros
great medical benefits, great in store benefits, Pretty good breaks
Cons
Low pay, not much advancement within the company
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Peet's Coffee & Tea?