Pegasus Residential Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Shady commission issues!
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Horn Lake, MSMay 9, 2018
The commission issues didn't exist at every property, but beware that they have the same regional in the area who allows stuff to happen-buddy system.
Pros
Beautiful office lake view, decent scheduling
Cons
bad management, manager is trifling & causes anxiety, low pay as compared to other companies, expensive family health plans, no appreciation!!!
okay, but not enough
Leasing Specialist-271 UNITS (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 17, 2018
I love the people I work with and the People within the company. I am looking to advance in my career and the property I work on I feel as though cannot provide the advancement needed.
Pros
great people, great management
Cons
pay
Not as stable as they once were. Very inconsistent. Favoritism
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2018
There is a structure of the work to be done, however the rules or policy changes weekly. It becomes confusing to keep up with and maintain a balance of training for yourself and team members. I learned controlled management. My regional is amazing. I chose Pegasus because of the one time statement they had. They value their success not by NOI but by YOU. That meant the world. It soon changed after upper management changed. We grew to fast too soon which left so many inconsistencies. Loosing some of the best team members, leaders, and management ever. The hardest part of the job is listening to upper management lie and have favoritism to some of the poorest, lack of accountability team members ever. The most enjoyable is the days when we were a boutique company working to perfect our daily work ethics and not worrying about being on the top 50 companies to work for.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Unfair practices and inconsistencies with team members. Lack of accountability.
Horrible Support
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 30, 2018
Not enough detailed training, not enough qualified employees. They just want warm bodies in seats. They promise you increases but then give you unobtainable goals so that you aren't qualified for the increases. (i.e. require you to meet budget but never tell you they are 8 months behind in bills which means you will always go over budget until the bills are caught up)
Pros
PTO-Maintenance Appreciation, Commissions
Cons
Unqualfied Maintenance Supervisors and budgets that do not cover repairs needed.
Good Company
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Great Company and Great Benefits...Have a chance to grow within the company... They will recognize you for your hard work. Commission is good. Have nice properties
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
They dont own their properties just manage
driven multi-family management company
Community Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job with Pegasus was providing superior service to appreciative residents and team members. The support system within Pegasus is equally great.
Pros
team members
Very family Oriented
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 14, 2017
Great Culture. Regional Manager is very knowledgeable. Good Company to begin working for. Must be versatile with local travel. Structured policies and procedures.
Great Corporation, Room for Growth
Community Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 5, 2017
I started out as a Leasing Specialist and was promoted to the Community Assistant Manager. Pegasus is such a great company to work for: great benefit package, PTO, many paid holidays including your birthday, and constant opportunity for growth and personal advancement. They prefer to hire and promote from within and honor the time an employee has worked for them, which I find admirable. Great bonus structure for leasing and CAM roles. It’s a very fast pace job which can wear you down if you are not used to the constant pressure, but overall worth it!
Pros
Great commissions, consistent hours, usually a positive atmosphere
Cons
Can be a stressful work environment during busy leasing seasons, and they watch communities very closely when they are not at budgeted occupancy.
Dishonest Company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2017
I came in to replace a number of previous leasing consultants that did not work out at Pegasus Residential. Upon hire, I found out not only did previous LC's not make it, neither did Property Managers, or Assistants, nor Regionals. Poor management from corporate down to on site. Messy office, poor work/home life balance, lack of job security, and polices that seem to change daily.
Pros
Previous Commission Payouts
Cons
Management, Corporate, Unfairness
Terrible Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 17, 2017
I cannot speak for other regions, but in my region they treated their properties as more of "flip and sell" projects. Because of this, they did not proficiently train their employees and the staff turn over was outrageous. Not only did the company mistreat and overwork their employees, but they let residents mistreat us as well. We were hardly ever properly compensated for their work, and it was very rare for everyone to be a team player. We never had support from management or from HR. They gave me the opportunity to get my first experience within the industry, but it is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Good benefits and great commission rates when paid
Cons
Not properly paid for being overworked, did not train employees, corporate did not support property teams
Amazing
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 15, 2017
Pegasus is a great company, my property manger is the best person have ever worked for. The corporate office is amazing with all of the training's they offer and how understanding they are to everything.
The work place was productive and always had something to do.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 31, 2017
I learned new software systems. I loved that the company recognized their coworkers and their earned hard work. I enjoyed the staff that i was working with as well as the uniform options given.
Pros
1Hr breaks were good as well as commissions
Cons
Heels were required.
good and hard times
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2017
love this work place awesome co-worker management nice location man I miss working on this place its very nice community, job its a bit hard, gain knowledge and improve my skill here so much
Fair Place to Work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36117October 14, 2017
See my attached resume. Was able to be EPA HVAC Certified during my tenure at Pegasus Residential. The Residential Manager was very fair and likeable. Hardest part of the job was being on call and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the residents.
Pros
Family type employee enviornment (manager)
Cons
On call.
worked with good people
Commercial Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 7, 2017
Liked Job very much, Unfortuanitely the position I has was eliminated, The co workers were friendly, supervisor is still a friend of mine, job was nice allowed me to take pride in my work.
Work hard-Play little
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 22, 2017
The job itself was a great experience. Definitely learned a lot. There is a lot of favoritism involved. If you belong to the clique, you are safe no matter how you're performing. In order to keep up, you are required to work from home. Many times the way you are spoken tom it is below the line.
Upper management is clueless
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2017
Worked for pegasusresidential for 2 years too long. Tried to maintain 2 properties alone with no supplies. The help they did hire were more of an incumbency than most I have worked with in the past. The harder you work the less they care. You are just a number with this company.
Pros
None that I can think of.
Cons
Nobody cares.
Do not work here
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 23, 2017
Very unorganized, very rude demeaning district manager, very high expectations with little to no budget and understaffed, unrealistic goals that can't be achieved, raise based on staying under budget which won t happen when given 375 for air conditioning in July! Also no support from corporate office, they literally let a child offender stay on site for more money.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work life balance
Great company, lousy property
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 10, 2017
Company reputation is great, employees are taken care of. Ethics on this particular property are shady. Poor management, planning, and execution was the norm at this location. Would have loved to have built a future with this company, just not feasible at ground level in this community.
Pros
Competitive pay, better than average benefits
Cons
Totally unorganized and chaotic
Worst company I have ever worked for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NCAugust 1, 2017
Worst property mgr I ever worked for in my 10+ years working in the apartment industry. Unprofessional, disrespectful, participated in & allowed inappropriate behavour in the work place. and Pegasus never disciplined. Do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management/leadership