PEI-Genesis Employee Reviews

Family oriented company
Secretary,Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 8, 2017
Love it there. Friendly, make you feel like family. I will miss them all. My duty were to greet,take calls,match invoices. Very high volume. Took over 3000 calls a day. In my office there was over 100 employees. Nation wide over 500.
Pros
Everything about them
Cons
I had none
Not a classy place to work
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2017
Not a classy place to work. I observed lots of in-fighting there within my first month. Employees yelling at their bosses on the floor and nothing happening. The bosses were snarky and focused on perpetuating their set of experiences so that everyone would believe what they wanted them believed.

There are a lot of people who have been there awhile though. There are a lot of people who, don't have college degrees who have been there for 20+ years who seem to be very comfortable there. They seem to have a lot of comfort and job security. I felt excluded from this group right from the first though. I could have something that made them want to make me not feel welcome, but I don't know what it was.

Stay away. They told me 4/6 of training time and it was in practice less than a week. And to be clear, I wrote down the number of weeks they told me it would take me to get up to speed they provided me during my interview and then heard differently during subsequent conversations once I started working there. Be very VERY careful about accepting a job here.
n/a
Micro d assembler (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 13, 2017
OK place to work does not pay enough at all for what your building management sucks and they don't respect their workers. Good 401k plan but they need lots of work
Steady paced, and enjoyable.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work for me depends of the customer orders, how much of what is ordered and what types of parts are ordered. I've learned many things while working there, how to properly clean things when is comes to a government contact. The management is good, my area manger is nice and is able to answer any and all of my questions. My co-workers are some of the nicest ladies I have had the pleasure of working with. They're always will to help me on a task if I find it to difficult to accomplish on my own. The hardest part of my job is knowing that the parts my co-workers and myself build have to be perfect because they have important jobs they have to help do so the pressure is on with that. I enjoy coming to work everyday and seeing how things are built and where they go, how they're used, etc.
Pros
good benefits for a single person household
Cons
Having to work with people who don't always have the best attitudes.
Fast paced
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2016
Plenty of work, keeps me busy. Not very professional, treated like a number. They do not care about their employees. High turn around firing and hiring.
Don't Work Here
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 6, 2015
The people within the company have no idea what is going on. The pay is horrible and not worth all the work you do. People are always quitting.
Nice small, private company with good co-workers
Bilingual Field Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2015
Enjoyed travel with sales personnel to visit with design engineers to aid in development of custom cable assemblies. Very in-depth product training and also learned a lot about the oil & gas industry through experience and company courses. Use of NetSuite was very beneficial in CRM work and planning, and wonderful support from inside sales, inside applications engineers, product managers and sales personnel.
Demanding, fast paced, inconsistant management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2015
PEI Genesis is an aggressive distributor of electronic components. I took this position with the understanding that they valued my consultative salesperson approach highlighting my technical expertise and high value on customer solutions oriented approach. Unfortunately this was not the true case.
Making matters worse PEI was converting to a new CRM system that was not integrating well and the customer database I was given was corrupted, either by the previous sales representative purposely, or by the database software. I suspect the former. My manager never vetted the data prior to my employment.
The regional sales manager to whom I reported was recently promoted from Sales Representative and, unfortunately, was not well respected by his subordinates. The position I filled and two other were vacated due to his promotion.
I can not recommend this company as a rewarding place to work.
Family oriented company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 27, 2015
Fast paced, quick turnarounds needed. Management was always willing to help and coworkers were team oriented. Family oriented company with great values and a great atmosphere. You did your work and got compensated fairly.
Family owned and family values
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2013
normal work environment

growing international business

interesting management style
Pros
team work and shared responsibilities
Cons
needs to improve infrastructure