Pei Wei Asian Diner Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun workplace
Las Vegas - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
hardest part of the job is being short handed and cutting employee hours. best part is it's a great place to work learn and move up to start a career.
good place to hang out
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2018
Good food and great work environment Clean Family Friendly Grate place management is great With the guest .
Kitchen area is clean and organized. workers try to smile all the time.
Pros
free lonches
Cons
no benefits
Not too bad
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAJune 16, 2018
Need better hours so that I can make a living. There is not a lot that is bad with the business. It would be great if I could just get more hours so that I can do more with the company.
Quick paced work place, get your tickets done and make it fast. Clean your area don't make a mess.
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJune 15, 2018
Fair job with unfair pay, you can learn various stations and still not be able to up your pay rate. If you want a job where you can move up in the company don't work here.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
No major benefits, low pay.
boring
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
had to learn on my own nothing was really tought...like nothing was so boring managers was bs and nothing got done, manager was to bussy beingfriends with employees...
Pros
no good
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace. Incredibly fast paced
Wok Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
Overall this isn't a bad place to work. My primary issues have stemmed with the management. Been working here for about 13 months and I've been through 11 managers. The corporate managers don't allow any wiggle room as far as making mistakes so once you've done something that the deem to be a questionable decision they will not hesitate to let you go. This has made the job difficult because the people who still work there now have to pick up the pieces of whoever has been let go.
Pros
Half priced lunches
Bad management, nobody would care about their position and shifts were always rough and they don’t pay enough
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2018
I don’t recommend at all terrible moral within most stores, employees don’t care about anything and it’s extremely fast paced. Pay is terrible and hard to get over $10.00 per hour
Pros
Cons
Stressful work environment all the time
Above min. wage
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2018
When I worked there, they started new employees (typically high school students) at $9/hour, which is above minimum wage in Texas. Super flexible, but you have to be upfront with how many hours you want to work (they sometimes under-schedule you even if youre full time)
Fun for the most part!
Server (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 4, 2018
Work there from 2010 to approximately 2014 I cashiered exposed served bused dishwasher prep and some pantry the people who I worked with were awesome would do it all over again management was okay as soon as we would get a manager we clicked with and got along good with the Corporate would send in a new management in and most of the time they either didn't know what they're doing or extremely rude to us. The likelihood of you ever moving up in Pei wei is not likely the highest you'll move up is to key they only higher management from the outside for example they hired a manager from a completely different style of food and environment to our Pei Wei and we were slammed 4 Super Bowl which we did not expect because we don't have that particular style of food that would be something you would want for Super Bowl and instead of dealing with the situation that I was in or one cashier was in and two Cooks we literally had 4 ppl staffed and he decided he wanted to taste the food and make sure the quality was okay instead of dealing with our guest. Situations like this happen quite often at this particular establishment. But my co-workers made it all worth it. The only reason I left was because I was expecting my first child and when I went back to reclaim my job my job was barely there you would say I didn't make very many hours and was forced to quit and there was a new manager when I came back.
Pros
Fun environment to work in with good coworkers
Cons
Constantly replacing manager with low qualifications
Great Place to work
Director, Project Management - Executive Staff (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 4, 2018
great work life balance, concern with the employees; developing culture but the goal is to be inclusive and provide an open door policy for all to express concerns
Pros
free meals
Cons
no documented mission statement
Pei wei
Server (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 3, 2018
Great place to work, very nice management always super friendly, food quality is always beyond great and fresh. Flexible hours and highly reccomend for a quick dinner.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Gets very busy
lousy
Front-End Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2018
I don't particularly care for the hospitality industry in the first place, unfortunately had the attitude a jobs a job at the time. To put into perspective how bad this job was, all the managers at both locations were terminated shortly after I quit. I quit because they did not have a clue on how to schedule and were scheduling me only one shift a week and would randomly call me the day they'd want me to fill in, but they were supposed to staff and schedule in advance and not per diem.
Pros
Cons
everything
Company in transition
SENIOR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 1, 2018
Constant changes
Failing systems
Unrealistic allocation of employee hours
Not enough hours to maintain standards
Food quality is suffering
Customer service is suffering
Poor communication from upper managment
Long hours(60+ hours a week)
Extremely stressful
Happy people=happy customers and pei wei has lost sight of that fact
Pros
Good benefits, decent management pay
Cons
see above
Fun
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 30, 2018
Learned the whole menu
Got to make many friends
Learned how to prepare food
Learned some Spanish by working there
Favorite part of working there seeing my friends walk in and saying wow you work here, how cool
Pros
free lunches when working a double
It was fun for a while but pay was unfair and managment was bad
Drahma (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTMay 24, 2018
This is a high pressure job at times and it just doesn't pay enough to be worth it, or at least thats what I thought until i found out a few of my male coworkers made much more than me.
Worst place I’ve ever worked, ever since we got a new manager the store had been a train wreck
Cashier Host/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2018
I do not like working at pei Wei Asian diner it was a good store a couple years of Avon but it has totally went down hill. The old gm was one of these best ones you could ask for but the new one has a really bad temper
Pros
Cons
Rudeness
Lack of staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
Store was short on staff. People were doing work meant for other people when they were not properly trained. Not enough pay for the excessive work. Management keeps very few staff but ends up giving over time because no one is scheduled for the next shift.
Pros
discounted lunch
Cons
Almost no time for breaks, short staff, schedule conflicts
Enjoyed cooking the food at a fast steady pace
Evening cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2018
I learned what ingredients compliments food the best and how to cook Asian type foods. I learned how to work the whole cook line fairly easy and quickly. I just love cooking
Pros
Free food
Cons
End of night cleaning
Great
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenhill, TNMay 20, 2018
The people there were cool they were fun to be around, fun to work with. The vibe there was just great. Nice pay. Everything there was just right on..
Pros
$11 a hour
Cons
Nun
Keeps you on your toes
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2018
Being around multiple stores, I've seen a lot and a lot has changed, good and bad. This restaurant has some great food, friendly faces, and wonderful managers. I hope that they can keep their customers satisfaction guaranteed throughout the years to come.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pei Wei Asian Diner. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight