Pei Wei Asian Kitchen
60Below average

Pei Wei Asian Kitchen Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA26 reviews
My very first job! This place taught me so much. Things like how to be a 'grown up', how to be self sufficient, and when to stand your ground. I had a great time with Pei Wei.
maintained a clean and very organzied lobby for our guests.
served guests their food as soon as it is ready

constantly asking guests if they have a question
it was a good experience. didn't get along with the last part of management so i left. i would do it all again though because most of the management and staff was great.
The place can be super fun and a great place to work, so good that 40 hours feels like light work cause the place is so good. But if you have the wrong manager then the whole place will go down. Managers focus too much on entertaining and being friends rather than be a boss and listen to you about your career.
Pros
Free meals, very flexable, better than average pay
Cons
Short breaks, constant hours cutbacks, unhealthy hours
To me pei wei was my worst job because there were certain people who didn't treat me with a negative action that i believe was uneasy to deal with so i just found a new way.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rude actions
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Can be fast paced at times in a team environment. I have learned customer service skills and how to be organized in my work space.
Management has taught me multiple positions
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short shifts
Pei Wei has super good food, and I am proud to say I did good service working there. I learned to work as a team member individually and the hardest part was to work at a fast pace while it was busy in the store.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
dissapointing air conditioning
Need better hours so that I can make a living. There is not a lot that is bad with the business. It would be great if I could just get more hours so that I can do more with the company.
I worked for this company for 3 years, It was a job that I could work at and have other jobs on the side in order to make enough money to take care of myself.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
no overtime, no raises
Manager was very understanding and the overall work environment was very pleasant. Good hours and flexible with scheduling. All coworkers worked to better the restaurant and it was a good place to work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pei Wei Asian Kitchen?
I loved Pei Wei and recommend to anyone looking for a career. Great benefits and people to work for. People and results oriented and great work life balance
Easygoing and very fast paced work environment. The manager was superb at training and helped in every way to accommodate in areas that needed more attention.
Pros
Very busy
Cons
Seemed like there needed to be more help at some of the busiest times
A typical day of work would usually consist of opening up the store by taking chairs down, help prepare any food if necessary, and making sure everything looks clean for guests. Throughout the day we would be responsible for taking customer's orders, running food, busing tables, and keeping the front stocked. Through my almost two years spent here, I went through around 6 or 7 managers. The hardest part of the job is most certainly being understaffed.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
No breaks
I worked there for two years didn't really have much of a problem till we had a new manager that changed everything and not in a good way. He didn't order enough merchandise and we always ran out of something. He also always left early and messed up orders that I had to fix later
Pros
Free lunch great employees
Cons
Short breaks, never enough people on the clock so you had to do two or three jobs at once
Upper management has a ton of expectations that they want to be fulfilled in a short period of time, and this place isn't a safe environment 2 work in
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare, Short Breaks, Long Hours, No overtime pay
It was really fun there I got along with the co workers I had long hours but it was so worth it some of the customers were a bit attitude-ish but overall I had great experience I worked there for 9 months and I would do it again if I lived there again the coworkers were like family the food was great you get a 50% discount if you were hourly worker but free if you were manager but often shared I gained lots of experience even worked on my days off when the scheduled worker would not show up they always called me because they knew I would do it basically in my mind I'm getting their paycheck for that day so I didnt really care
Pros
Discount on food, long breaks, family of coworkers
Cons
Worked on days off, long hours, some rude customers
I enjoyed working there, but the only possible way anyone can break even working there is in management. Same with any restaurant. And the responsibilities that they throw on salaried managers is absurd. it's almost not even worth it. But I enjoyed my time when I was there
Pros
free lunches, good food
Cons
garbage pay, but better than some
Was a fun place to work, lots of good people good energy, taking people orders become much easier after getting the hang of their system.
A typical day is very chaotic because of not enough employees during the busy hours of the day. The company is getting careless about the guest experience, and they do not guarantee job security. They are always making up excuses as to why you cannot advance up the chain ladder. Co-workers hate the upperstaff and cannot wait to go home. The hardest part of the job was to find enough employees to work the busy shift, maintain order in the drama, chaos, and confusion, and make sure that everyone does their job correctly to prevent customer complaints. Employees are unhappy, and the guests are unhappy because there are way too many changes that this company likes to test the waters. Customers and employees cannot get used to a system because corporate is always changing it or adding to it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no real benefits unless you're paid salary
Work day starts fast and is somewhat manageable with correct coordination. Co-workers are okay, depending on who you meet and how you act in the workplace.
when I came to work I would get a list of my duties for the day. I learned how to follow recipes , how to follow every step exactly the way it says. The management was good, they would help me whenever I needed help. My co-workers were good most of them were about my age so they were fun to talk to. The hardest part of the job was deciding when to continue with one thing on the list and when to start with another. I guess the most I enjoyed from the job was making recipes and learning how to cook them on the line.
Pros
half paid lunches, the smell of the food.
Cons
I didnt get that many days and hours.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pei Wei Asian Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight