Pekin Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 29, 2017
I didn't want to leave my job, but had to relocate. My manager was decent, but played the favorites game. Pay was very fair. Time off, benefits/retirement options were great.
Hidden Gem
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILNovember 30, 2017
I never would have left this place and loved my job, director but the pay was so much lower than competitors that I had to leave. I regret having to move away as the culture there is ideal. If the pay would have been equal to other hospital, I would still be there!
Pros
positive culture, supportive director
Cons
wages too low.
Find better
Something (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 4, 2017
I loved working here when I first started. Then I started to see my coworkers true characters.. I've seen coworkers back talk patients. I've seen coworkers berate and belittle other coworkers. Some workers are lazy and refuse to help others.
Pros
Management very flexible. Patients are wonderful.
Cons
Rude coworkers
Fast paced and never a dull moment
Laundry (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILSeptember 24, 2017
The Bad: Lots of heavy lifting, up to 100+lbs, pushing a 250lb+ cart full of dirty laundry all over the hospital multiple times a day. Pulling dirty laundry off floors to return to the sorting room. Weighing each sorting cart and washing/drying laundry. Dealing with disgusting bodily fluids every day.
The Good: There is never a dull moment, you are always on your feet and getting great exercise. The hours were nice and the overtime was great.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Dealing with disgusting bodily fluids
The worst
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Management is garbage. Half the employees are garbage. Benefits laughable. They'll screw your schedule to make their favorite employees happy and not even say anything. Or they just cut your hours to nothing and not say anything. Then for some reason think that you just gonna work as hard and be as happy go lucky as they want you to when your getting nothing in return. They send you home halfway through a shift because they aren't busy. They don't care about their employees at all. As long as they get their hours they don't care about you. I had to get a second job because they cut me down to almost nothing then are mad because they say I don't carry my own weight.....I worked one day last month....and the minute I walked through the door they said they'd probably send me home before lunch...... Idk how they can make that judgement when they don't even let me work a full day. They're cutting everyone now since they are part of unity point but they go about it so very wrong and they don't care one bit.
Cons
Great place to work with great people.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 2, 2017
As this was one of my favorite jobs working with patients, great co-workers, and a great supervisor. We all worked well with one another and help each other out as we could. We also laughed, joked, and had fun while working.
Pros
great experience
Cons
insurance to expensive
good expereince
Student Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 23, 2017
felt like I gained a great expereince on the floor I was on and learned a lot from the nurse I worked with. I wish I would have had more time on the floor
Nice to take care of people in their own homes.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 16, 2017
The time you get to spend one on one with your patient is awesome. A lot of teaching is done with tender loving care. Management was disappointing and unsupportive. Hours were constant with a lot of on call.
Pros
Time to spend with your patient.
Cons
Hours and management.
Good job but supervisors contradicting
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Pekin, IllinoisApril 12, 2017
I enjoy the coworkers I have, but not one supervisor will tell you how to do a task the same way. A lot of being talked down to and picking up other people's slack.
Worst place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Hate this job.now ot even wrose with unity point taking over. Treat the housekeeper like dogs. The pay sucks you can't live on it the benefits now it's a really bad place
Pros
Cons
Rude boss
One can grow to be content at this facility
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Pekin, IL 61554September 14, 2016
I really have nothing bad to say about this employer. I enjoy full time benefits, but work only part time hours. Lots of perks and lots of good people work here.
Pros
Employee friendly and very supportive of employees who are students
Cons
Weekend and holiday scheduling without coverage for breaks and lunch, but they are paid breaks.
Good place to work, but terrible Management process
Computer System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILAugust 28, 2016
In a normal day I never saw my supervisor. Had almost no interaction to know if I was doing a good job or not. Two co-workers were the ones who gave my review and never told me anything that they thought about my work unless I asked. They could make or break your job no matter what you did or did not do.

I enjoyed most of the people I worked with and enjoyed learning about the job. This job would be great if it were managed better.
Pros
Some great people and good challenges
Cons
Terrible management styles
Overworked staff
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJuly 31, 2016
Most of the leadership is trying to turn things around and create a good culture but all departments are overworked and underpaid and moral is low. The small hometown feel is nice. But it's not an easy work environment.
Pros
Most of the leadership is trying
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, not appreciated, not competitive pay or benefits
Great place to work, the people, the culture is awesome really enjoyed
Patient Registration Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJuly 13, 2016
I love the culture of the company, the people, the patients, the values and standards. This is a work place that matched the education I am pursuing in management however, I am willing to pursue a career with a company that has room for promotion.
Good Pace
Navigator (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed working here, working with others was rewarding and the program was something that I felt like I was helping. 40 hours a week. I enjoyed this job
The Kitchen was fun to work with the girls
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILMay 11, 2016
cook
supervise
run the café
serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner to the patients
take food orders
work in the office
do cold production

management was great

co workers were fun to be around and helped each other out

was the cleaning up

being in the kitchen and cooking
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
Hot
i like working on jobs that keep me involed
Janitor (Current Employee) –  pekin illinoisMarch 21, 2016
i enjoy working with people staying busy make the time go by fast doing different jobs working outside try to help others to get it right the first time
Flexible
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pekin, ILDecember 17, 2015
Flexible with schedule and time needed off.

Stressful work environment and co workers that didn't work well with each other.
Pekin Hospital was a great company/hospital to work for, I learned so much from so many....
CPhT In-Patient Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 31, 2015
I gained many years of knowledge and experience at Pekin Hospital....my hometown hospital. I can not say enough great things about working there!
My career as a CPhT was developed and strengthened there and I'm proud to say that is where it all started at.
Pros
hometown and knew most everyone...
Cons
hometown and knew most everyone...
was terminated while on FMLA
cna nursing assistant cna/MOA (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILOctober 27, 2015
Pekin Hospital is a facility in trouble. They are the only facility to Fail a Chip Medaris over haul. The Board and Senior Leadership is absent. Truly missing invested motivated Leaders and management. Employees do not trust their employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pekin Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Pekin Hospital Reviews by Location