Play YouTube video button

Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work with a great culture and great team.
Production Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAOctober 10, 2018
Pella has been a great place to work. I've been with the company 21 years and the values held by the company are the same values that I try to follow in my life. I started here as a young student and can honestly say that I am a better person/leader because of all I have learned in my experiences at Pella Corp. I'm thankful for the relationships I have built and the chance to continue learning and growing with this great organization.
Pros
Values, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Long work hours at times.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear about your experience with Pella. Our talented team members have cultivated a caring culture that inspires us to perform at our best and has helped us achieve the industry-leading position we hold today. We encourage team member growth and development and wish you success with your career at Pella.

We continue to improve our processes and create more balance, but at times, we may require additional work hours from our team members due to strong customer demand for our windows and doors. We will share your feedback with the team.

Excellent
Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAOctober 9, 2018
No such day
Learned how to manage in the work enevironment.
The hardest part of the job is to make myself the best employee among the team.
the most enjoyable part of the job is my work.
October 16, 2018

Hello and thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback. We're pleased to hear that you enjoy the work you do at Pella. Our team members are encouraged and empowered to be their best selves both professionally and personally. This means that at Pella, you use your unique talents to help us all succeed!

Horrible place to work, Loser managment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAOctober 8, 2018
Horrible place to Work, Loser Management, Dirty and Run down Building, Junk Windows, No Advancement, Very Low Pay, Long Hours, Junk Forklifts, They run a Sweatshop and would not send my worst Enemy to work there. Go on Welfare before you go to Pella.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, Pay.
October 16, 2018

Hello. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. Pella team members frequently tell us that our focus on team member development makes us unique from other organizations – and we often fill positions with internal candidates. Our Gettysburg facility is clean, well-lit, and highly organized. We take pride in the quality windows and doors we build for our customers every day. We also like to have fun at work with team building events and support the community through volunteerism. In terms of pay and benefits, we conduct an annual market analysis to help ensure we are competitive. Compensation – with the opportunity for merit increases – is just one piece of our overall rewards package which includes bonus programs, retirement benefits, and medical premium cost sharing. We continue to improve our processes and create more balance, but at times, we may require additional work hours from our team members due to strong customer demand for our windows and doors. If you’re willing, please contact us at employerbrand@pella.com and we’ll connect you with a team member who can address your concerns.

People-focused & Total Integrity Culture
HR & Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wylie, TXOctober 3, 2018
Pella is a great place to work because it's people-focused culture, promotes opportunity for growth, offers great benefits include profit sharing program, year-end bonus, and commitment to the health, wellness and safety of all.
October 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your review! We are an industry leader because of the great people who work here. We empower team members to become their best selves - professionally and personally. We believe in sharing in our successes, so we reward hard work and dedication by offering competitive pay, bonuses, and comprehensive benefits. We also share our profits with team members through a unique and highly valued program 401(k) program that Pella contributes to, even if you don’t. We are proud of our stellar safety record and our dynamic approach to wellness across our locations. We are not only vigilant about exceeding ergonomic and safety baselines on our manufacturing floors, we actively look for ways to increase the mental, financial, and physical well-being of our team members.

Management was great, working environment was great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Story City, IASeptember 26, 2018
It was actually fun to work there. All the coworkers had their own tasks they have to do in the line. Management would keep it light and funny environment. I was sad when they closed down.
Pros
Great management
September 27, 2018

Hello. Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear of your experience with Pella.

Top heavy, feel like I am on a sinking ship
. Tool and die builder tech. (Current Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 20, 2018
They keep adding layers. To many people/titles between the people making the decision and the people that have the knowledge to make the right decision.
Do not value skilled workers.
Cutting corners that pay off now but will come back to bit them in the future
Pros
Bounses, prifit shareing (8% is great but useto be better 15+), layed back, managers do not know if your working hard or not.
Cons
managers do not know if your working hard or not, No benifit for dooing a good job. Reactive managment
Management isn’t very good really cocky managers
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYSeptember 7, 2018
We bounced lines a lot never got the chance to fully learn more than one job, they play favorites and the managers are extremely cocky and think there better than the other employees like there trying to make a name for themselves awful place to work the only reason I have stayed this long is the money is good
Pros
Money
Cons
Managers
great place to work
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 16, 2018
Would reccomend to others it is a great job and has excellent benefits. Paid holidays and start out with vacation time. The hours are long but the pay is pretty decent.
On time
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 11, 2018
They expect the windows to be made to their standard and on time for delivery to the customer that they supply all their windows to in the warehouse and outside of the warehouse
Great product but NOT a good company to work for for
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 7, 2018
Poor management, lack of communication between departments, poor morale, crazy working hours, bad sales leads, non surviveable income and much more. The product itself is good but you will find yourself selling against Pella through many other channels at a lower price. This is honestly the worst company I ever worked for. They did not care about their employees at all nor did they care to prove upon anything. Owners knew all and nothing was open for discussion. There was zero support and no one ever to help.
Pros
Great company did not pay well
National Account Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 6, 2018
This was a great company with alot of proud people but in order to move up had to move to Pella Iowa. They also paid poorly and ebven though I was top sales person in the company got same bonus as bottom person.
Pros
Family based company
Cons
no chance for growth
Great if you have no life
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAAugust 6, 2018
Great place to work if you have nothing else to do outside of work. But the 2nd shift at 10 hour days and constant over time coverage adds up. Put a strain my life outside of work.
Pros
Friendly Culture
Cons
No Work Life Balance
Company is changing internallly
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pella IowaJuly 16, 2018
In my mind not a good change internally
work day is normally 8 to 9 hours
learned a lot about data center operations..
Pella pushes there people into stretch assignments but seems to penalize you if you don't excel in these positions
Pros
have some work from home oppoutunities
Cons
shift in internal culture
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IAJune 28, 2018
This was a quick paced environment to we're you have to be able to accomplish the task that you were asked to perform. You are also to help your co-workers if needed.
Pros
Good pay, decent hours
Stressful but coworkers made it fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 25, 2018
Typical day would to sign into your computer as soon as you got there. You receive to 800-1200 calls a day depending on the season. There are many escalated calls that come in, but you do have some calls that you can deal with pro-dealers, Lowes or even just help with troubleshooting a product. The manager was always super helpful and always wanted you to improve.
stressful
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJune 25, 2018
working on the line isn't that bad but when you move up in the company. you work insanely amount of hours and barely anytime off. it's a good job for a little time being but after that you will realize how bad it is
Pros
good pay
Cons
hours and stress
Nice place to work.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time that I worked at Pella Corp. The coworkers got along great. The managers worked with you to help you improve. I only left because I had recall right to my previous employer.
September 17, 2018

We are pleased to hear of your recent experience. Team member development is a priority at Pella. Thanks for your review.

Fast pace job building windows.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IAJune 18, 2018
You're on your feet all day assembling windows. You are first taught three positions that you alternate throughout the day with a ten minute break and then a 20 minute lunch break in between.
Good place to work but maybe not career-able...
General laborer/assembly operator/technician (Current Employee) –  Carroll, IAJune 10, 2018
Great place to work but management is a revolving door and newer managers lack the empathy of senior managers. Entire shift (2nd) however is stuck with all new managers on a consistent basis which leads to an overall very unsatisfied shift.
Pros
The people are great, the pay and benefits, bonus ECT.
Cons
Lack of stable hours in some areas, Last minute changes to work hours, revolving management
Productive, fast paced
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 5, 2018
This was a good company to work for. The benefits were very good too. It was nice working 4 10 hour days and having Friday off on 2nd shift and working 4 9's and 4 hours on Friday on 1st shift.
Benefits
Cons
Not real family oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight