Play YouTube video button

Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Process Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 22, 2019
I gained an incredible amount of experience during my time at Pella Corporation. The people and atmosphere make it easy to learn and progress. I will speak highly of Pella Corp for the rest of my life.
Pros
Compensation, Travel
Cons
Your environment defines the overall experience and success!
Lumber Plant (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 21, 2019
I started in the factory. Typically, you arrive and meet at start-up for stretches and announcements. You are on your feet for 9-10 hours. There is some heavier lifting required and some job elements require acute speed and accuracy.

There are a lot of opportunities to educate yourself within the company whether that is learning multiple jobs within your area, or product knowledge courses in a classroom or online. I learned that you have to pursue your work goals if you have them, or you can easily continue to adhere to work standards enough to stay in the same place for decades. Education is something the company promotes and is proud of. Several of my coworkers were threatened by my desire to educate myself and look for potential within the company.

On the outside the culture is great. And I have heard of some really good teams who love their job...God bless you if you get stuck on a team like mine! They were on edge from dealing with a cycle of 2 year managers because they were on second shift. Some coworkers were perfectly capable of working with others, but some were awful. Management trains for a couple years and then gets moved again on second shift (there is A LOT less movement on first shift). This is truly awful because it can deeply effect each member based on their limited interactions with each manager. Not to mention, some people who have been in the area for a while, work together to work against you in order to maintain some knowledge and control within the area.

The hardest part of my job was staying mentally motivated and focused while on the floor.
  more... It's very loud in some parts of the factory and it makes talking difficult. It took me a very long time to get to know my team on a personal level because negative assumptions are often made about new people in a place with a larger number of crew members.

Aside from a couple of the usual gossips and curmudgeons, I loved how diverse my team was. There was such a range of ages and life experiences that we formed a very unique family.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, end of the year bonus
Cons
Lack of understanding/ communication between teams and upper management, treated as just a number, can get stuck in a poor work environment for a couple years til bid rights are open
Build a career
HR (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 14, 2019
Pella offers many advancement opportunities. If you are looking for a career, you can find it at Pella! I enjoy working for a company that is family owned and is people focused.
January 15, 2019

Hello, thanks for your feedback! At Pella, team members are encouraged and empowered to be their best selves both professionally and personally. We hope you continue to build a career with us that you can be truly proud of.

People-Focused Culture / Strong Leaders / Career Opportunities Endless
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 13, 2019
*Management is flexible
*Empowering culture
*Company places a deep focus on talent development
*Family-Friendly feel
*Company gives back to the communities that they serve
*Provide incentives for outstanding performance
*Leadership promotes continuous learning
*Results-oriented culture
January 14, 2019

Hello and thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear about your experience at Pella. We encourage and empower our team members to be their best selves professionally and personally. Thanks for being a part of the Pella team.

Poor Management kills a good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJanuary 10, 2019
It's a solid job and most of the crew you work with are great, but management is constantly making poor decisions and the crew are the ones who ultimately get punished for it. They end up working more to cover for management's bad planning. When an alternative solution is presented to management, it is not uncommon to hear "no because I said so" or something similar. Then they wonder why they have such high turnover.
Pros
Good teammates, good work
Cons
Terrible management
January 11, 2019

Hello and thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We expect our leaders to lead by serving and to be respectful of team members' ideas. We've passed this along to our Gettysburg team so they can review and address as necessary.

Pella is a great place to work!
Team (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 8, 2019
The people and culture at Pella are why I love my job. Pella offers great benefits and career/advancement opportunities. Pella has a great 401(k) retirement profit sharing program.
January 9, 2019

Thanks for your review! We are pleased to hear about your experience and are happy to have you as a part of the Pella team. We appreciate our talented team members and know they are what set us apart.

Excellent Place to Work
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 8, 2019
Pella is a great place to work. I have been with this company for almost 5 years now and really enjoy it. Pella offers competitive pay and great benefits.
January 9, 2019

Hello and thanks for your feedback! We are pleased to hear about your experience. Thanks for being a part of the Pella team.

Fun work place
Kitter (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 7, 2019
Its a great place to work with great benifits. The work place is always happy and the employes are great to be around. I enjoyed all the workers and the management.
January 8, 2019

Hello, thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear about your experience and are glad to have you as a part of the Pella team.

Pella is an overall great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJanuary 7, 2019
The people and culture at Pella are the main reasons I came to work here and have stayed for over 15 years. It is a challenging place to work but if you put in the hard work and are dedicated you can be very successful. There are a lot of advancement opportunities especially if you are willing to relocate.
Pros
Culture and benefits, especially profit sharing
Cons
Work life balance, but managment is working on it
January 8, 2019

Thanks for your review! At Pella, we are always challenging ourselves to do better - with the best interest of our team members, customers and communities in mind. We believe that team member development is critical to our mutual success, and we value rewarding our team members for their hard work and dedication to achieve that success. We know work life balance is important. We are working to resolve the overtime challenges we've seen in Murray due to higher than anticipated sales this last year. Thanks for everything you and the team did to deliver for our customers; we appreciate it!

caring place to work
Showroom Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 4, 2019
I have worked at Pella for over 40 years. Have made some amazing
friends (both within the company and customers). Management is will to listen to concerns and most of the time they become your extended family.
January 7, 2019

Hello and thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear about your experience with Pella. Our team members truly care about one another and we believe that's a part of what makes Pella a special place to work.

Great place to work this had to move
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IAJanuary 2, 2019
Great place to work got along with people this had to move Foreman was great to work with when you have problems before he breaks in before you have to work if it's great pay I would stayed if I didn't have to move
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
15-minute breaks half hour dinner
January 3, 2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your experience with Pella!

Great management extremely low pay for the work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 19, 2018
It was good the pay was very low compared to the work you do and being a driver didn’t like sharing a room with another driver after working all day with him
Benefits
Cons
Low pay sharing a hotel room
December 26, 2018

Hello, thanks for your feedback. At Pella, we complete an annual competitive market analysis to help ensure our team members receive competitive pay and benefits. We also encourage our team members to reserve their own rooms when traveling.

Great place to work and develop
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 12, 2018
Pella Corporation cares about its people and this has been maintained because of their commitment to remain a family-owned business. I have constantly been supported by everyone around me since I began as an intern and have been given ample opportunities to develop myself both personally and professionally. It's hard to find large corporations that treat you like family the way this one does.
December 18, 2018

Thanks for your review! We appreciate you sharing your experience. At Pella, we care about our team members and support them in becoming their best selves - for our mutual success. Thanks for being part of the Pella team!

Company focused on quality products and caring for it's employees
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sioux Center, IADecember 11, 2018
Great benefits, and great co-workers. This is very much a team environment, but also very structured and fast paced. You know what to expect each day you come to work, and can leave work at work. People take pride in the quality of work we do here.
December 18, 2018

Hello and thank you for your review! We strive to be a place where our team members truly take pride in the work they're doing every day. Thanks for being a part of the Pella team!

Great people and culture!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Center, IADecember 6, 2018
Pella Corp. has excellent people who work well together as a team and care about each other. Servant Leadership principles are alive and used by managers to make this a great place to work.
Pros
Excellent people to work with who care about each other. Servant Leadership. Profit Sharing.
December 7, 2018

Thanks for your review! We are pleased to hear about the experience you've had at Pella. Thanks for being a part of our talented team!

Pella Builds Leaders
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 5, 2018
Pella has a great culture of developing their team
Pella creates development opportunities for their employees
Pella has a top notch team that has an "All In" approach to winning in their industry
December 6, 2018

Hello and thanks for your feedback! At Pella, we know that team member development is critical to our mutual success. Together, we will continue to lead the industry with innovative, high-quality products and experiences for our customers.

Pella Corporation
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 4, 2018
Pella is a great company and they care about the people who work there. Pella provides development opportunities. The culture at Pella has a high focus on the people. Pella also supports the communities they are in.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and culture
Cons
Nothing.
December 5, 2018

Hello and thanks for your review! At Pella, we strive to go above and beyond what's expected and truly care about our team members, customers and communities. Thanks for being a part of the Pella team and for everything you do to help us drive growth and improvement.

Top Notch Culture-Family Values
CI Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Center, IADecember 4, 2018
Pella cares deeply about servant leadership and engaging everyone on a personal level. The company is still owned by the founding family and we get a yearly visit from the chairman of the board so he can answer questions and more importantly see how things are going with us. I feel very privileged to work at Pella and am thankful for the meaningful and rewarding career that allows me to support my family.
December 5, 2018

Thanks for your review! We focus on our people and value the whole person. Our company was founded with the vision to be a place where people could feel truly proud about the jobs they were doing and the careers they were building. Thanks for being a part of the Pella team!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sioux Center, IADecember 3, 2018
This is a great place to work. They genuinely care about you as an individual. They treat you like you are their greatest asset. Family owned and oriented. Servant leaders from the top down. I have worked for Pella for 17 years. By far the best place I have worked. They showed their true colors when the economy took a down turn. They did everything humanly possible to keep as many people employed as possible. We had people painting walls, floors, etc. You will struggle to find a better place to work.
Pros
Great compensation, - Bonus program payable each qtr. In the 17 years we have always recived the bonuses., There is a service bonus paid right before Christmas just for showing up for work., Good insurance., You have an opportunity to give input to process changes., Invest heavily in the people., Strong promotion from within.
Cons
Best place I have worked for...I have no negative comments.
December 4, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We are pleased to hear about your experience. We have deep cultural roots that were founded on caring - for each other, our customers and our communities.Thank you for being a part of the Pella team!

Growing and searching for good people
Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Center, IADecember 3, 2018
People focused and family owned business. Great opportunities for the motivated worker. Strong culture of Continuous Improvement and team member engagement.
December 4, 2018

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback! We are a privately-held company and industry leader because of the great people who work here. We value continuous improvement and focus on ways to grow and improve as an organization in the best interest of our team members, customers and communities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight