Play YouTube video button

Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Featured review
Pella Corporation selected this as a representative review
Very good company to work for.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 28, 2017
Fast paced environment.
Very safety oriented
Good management.
Excellent benefits.
Profit sharing.
Family oriented.
Overall a great place to work
Company is changing internallly
IT Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pella IowaJuly 16, 2018
In my mind not a good change internally
work day is normally 8 to 9 hours
learned a lot about data center operations..
Pella pushes there people into stretch assignments but seems to penalize you if you don't excel in these positions
Pros
have some work from home oppoutunities
Cons
shift in internal culture
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IAJune 28, 2018
This was a quick paced environment to we're you have to be able to accomplish the task that you were asked to perform. You are also to help your co-workers if needed.
Pros
Good pay, decent hours
Stressful but coworkers made it fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 25, 2018
Typical day would to sign into your computer as soon as you got there. You receive to 800-1200 calls a day depending on the season. There are many escalated calls that come in, but you do have some calls that you can deal with pro-dealers, Lowes or even just help with troubleshooting a product. The manager was always super helpful and always wanted you to improve.
stressful
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJune 25, 2018
working on the line isn't that bad but when you move up in the company. you work insanely amount of hours and barely anytime off. it's a good job for a little time being but after that you will realize how bad it is
Pros
good pay
Cons
hours and stress
Nice place to work.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time that I worked at Pella Corp. The coworkers got along great. The managers worked with you to help you improve. I only left because I had recall right to my previous employer.
Fast pace job building windows.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IAJune 18, 2018
You're on your feet all day assembling windows. You are first taught three positions that you alternate throughout the day with a ten minute break and then a 20 minute lunch break in between.
Good place to work but maybe not career-able...
General laborer/assembly operator/technician (Current Employee) –  Carroll, IAJune 10, 2018
Great place to work but management is a revolving door and newer managers lack the empathy of senior managers. Entire shift (2nd) however is stuck with all new managers on a consistent basis which leads to an overall very unsatisfied shift.
Pros
The people are great, the pay and benefits, bonus ECT.
Cons
Lack of stable hours in some areas, Last minute changes to work hours, revolving management
Terrible Place . Run Fast.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 20, 2018
If you want to be stressed out 24/7, micromanaged and underpaid then this is the job for you. Management does not know what’s going on 99% of the time. There is no growth at all in the company. The Portland Office is literally falling apart and smells of mold. For what the job entails the pay is ridiculously low .Management will never take responsibility of their own mistakes.Random layoffs in the company so if you’re looking for job security this may not be the place for you . If you choose to work here even after this review prepare for a lot of consumption of alcohol after work/weekends. This job is has a lot of “High School Mentality”.
Pros
Plenty of empty offices to cry in.
Cons
Short lunches. Broken office chairs. No windows in the office it’s like a cave.
Very productive and fun work place
Shipping and Packaging prep (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 20, 2018
Pella Corporation is a very good company to work for. They are understanding and helpful in different ways. It’s a serious work area and people are serious about there job yet also make it to be fun.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome place to work
Test rack operator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILApril 30, 2018
Pella Corp had a culture of excellence and excelling in it was there primary focus above all. They challenge our judgment with trusting our excution. It was a a great opportunity.
Its an okay place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAApril 26, 2018
If you have the drive to succeed and work 58+ hours during the summer then this is the job for you. People are super nice but job can get physically demanding. Very uptight about attendance
Fast Paced and friendly work enviorment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAApril 24, 2018
Pella corp is a great career advancement opportunity. Pella is a very fast paced goal reaching company there are always pay raise opportunities and career advances
Very good place to work. Average pay for area. Good people.
Window Craftsman - Tool Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IAApril 24, 2018
Worked for this company for 21 years before leaving do to relocation. Enjoyed working there and especially the people. Stressful at times do to overtime and demands. Best place i was ever employed.
Pros
Good people to work for and to work with.
Cons
Excessive overtimes at times.
Cutting glass and running machines
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAApril 23, 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced environment. I learned different jobs. I ran a lot of different machines . i worked on the line filling in for different people. I cut glass and stacked it. I did cycle counts and quarterly audits.
Pros
Fast pace made my day go by quickly.
Cons
Management was fast turnover.
Overall review
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYApril 22, 2018
Pella Corporation was not a family friendly environment, but they let you know upfront that 3rd shift came first, then as opportunities opened up, that I could apply for a 1st shift position. At the time, I had to take the job, since I was coming off a divorce. Otherwise, I would not have taken the job. I had no choice.
Great place to work bad work/life home balance
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 22, 2018
I worked there for 9 months I didn’t mind my job. The pay is nice. I thought management at my location did a very good job. Despite that there were some cons, unfortunately the window making world isn’t predictable (not managements fault) you would be scheduled anywhere from 6-58 hours a week. You could get unemployment for the low weeks. I left because I didn’t feel like making windows my whole life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Unfair wage system
Amd (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 19, 2018
Ok place to work for, but it severely lacks good management. The hours are often long and the work is hard, which would be tolerable if the pay was truly competitive with other companies. Great for new hires coming in making 14.20 an hour, but highly unfair to employees who have been there over 10 years barely making much more. Long term employees should get a considerable raise to make it fair but it will probably never happen.
Buckle up
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 16, 2018
Nepotism, poor management, poor supervisors. Supervisors are lazy and don’t work or help people. Managements plays favorites, third shift manager has no experience and it shows how she handles employees. HR has no clue and makes rules up as they go. There is mass amounts of infighting between supervisors, no one cooperates, if your not part of a clock management doesn’t listen to you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No progression, managers play favorites
Wouldn’t waste your time.
Operator- Painter (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 3, 2018
Management is nothing but a joke. If you enjoy being with family and friends, you’d better be on first shift. Second shift is more relaxed but it’s like second shift is a disease, no one likes you. Most of the managers hide in their office. A lot of the employees are backstabbers and have no idea what they’re doing. They turn you in for anything and everything. Pay stinks. Only nice thing is being paid weekly. There’s no shift difference for giving up your life to work at a place that nit picks all the time. HR is stuck up and doesn’t get anything done. You can’t ever get a day off or come in late for anything even family emergencies. They already know who they’re putting in new jobs so you can’t even bid to day shift. Unless you’re single, young and want weekly pay, I wouldn’t work here.
Pros
Christmas bonuses
Cons
Managers, people, pay, benefits
Very Stressfull, No Family time
Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 28, 2018
Management doesn't care. Team Leaders are a joke. It's very physical, I actually like the job. Its the treatment of their employees, they talk about family but that's only words.
Pros
Can't really think of any
Cons
Employee treatment and Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight