Pella Regional Health Center Employee Reviews

liked job management the worst
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAApril 8, 2018
Worked as Janitorial Tech and we're constantly being told had to go faster from management but rooms took a certain amount of time to do but when it got busy it's like they wanted you to cut corners in an 8 hour shift in all reality you could only do 6 rooms with the rest of your duties. One night two people did 11 rooms in 8 hours no one said anything to them about it not being able to do that in 8 hours. So if you can put aside not thinking about patients safety to get the job done then it's a good fit for you I couldn't. And there was one employee that was constantly giving others a bad time and management won't address anything they don't want to. Overall I liked the job but management was the worst I've ever worked for.
Pros
most coworkers great to work with
Cons
management the worst
Great coworkers, Poor compensation
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 9, 2018
There is a great team of coworkers at PRHC. Everyone works together to get the job done. However, this doesn't compensate for the fact that the pay is quite a bit lower than any nearby hospitals.
Enjoyed my night shift coworkers
Medical Imaging Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 2, 2018
Loved working with the ER/Med surgery staff on the night shift. There is the real definition of teamwork working with the night shift staff. I was the only tech in the medical imaging department from 10p to 8a. The ER staff is always great about helping me out when I need it.
Pros
Night shift rocks..love the teamwork approach
Cons
Can be stressful at times when the Er gets busy
The job itself was rewarding. The culture was negative.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day at work would be admitting patients for x-rays, lab work, or surgeries. I learned how to admit patients on a system called Meditech. I enjoyed my job responsibilities. However, the environment was very negative. There days I would go home crying because I was worried about what mistakes I may have made or what if I said something to a co-worker and it was taken out of context and get back to my manager. There was so much office politics going on there. The most enjoyable part of my job and was also rewarding was when patients would say thank you for listening and you are one of the reasons we come back to this hospital.
Pros
Working with all ages of patients
Cons
Negative work environment; poor management
Wonderful place to wor
PCT (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 14, 2018
People are very helpful and are willing to teach you or better yourself in your job or task. They are willing to work with you and help you better improve
Talk good, but dont walk the walk
Management (Current Employee) –  HospitalJanuary 27, 2018
Administration talks out of both sides of their mouths.....put up a good front for the public but don't follow own words with employees. No room for advancement...
CNA/PCT (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 17, 2018
Worked in several different departments over the years and enjoyed co-workers in every department. We were always short staffed, however, so it was stressful at times to keep up with the number of patients per aide. Overall, it is a great place to work!
Benefits
Cons
Short-staffed, long hours, poor pay compared to other facilities
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJanuary 2, 2018
The overall work culture as a team is the best at any facility that I have ever been at. I work with a tightknit group of people in the respiratory therapy department. All disciplines of healthcare work together for the best outcome of the patient.
Pros
Great people with patient-centered attitudes
Cons
Small facility
Fun Workplace
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 28, 2017
Typical day at work consisted of taking care of patients in the ER setting of all ages, the staff made this job for me. They were all caring and excellent to work with.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
nothing
Very nice hospital.
Full Time CRT (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA 50219December 2, 2017
Great hospital! Very nice physicians and nurses. Great place to grow as a health care professional. Culture is a family like atmosphere. Management is good. Can be short on equipment at times but its a 25 bed so they don't use certain equipment often.
Pros
Small, relaxing, family culture.
Cons
Can get slow, don't always use all skills.
Always busy
Office Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 28, 2017
I work with excellent, kind, skilled people. The work is disorganized and poorly supported by upper management. My day starts with a bang at 7 am and rarely slows. I communicate with staff, schedule patients, take phone calls, respond to emails, and assist others as needed, as well as communicate from staff to management.
Pros
kind co workers
Cons
disorganized
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 21, 2017
Had a great experience with everyone at Pella Regional. Felt appreciated and enjoyed going to work every day. Pay and vacation time off was great. My boss was wonderful and kind.
Pros
Lots of benefits, great work environment, good benefits
Cons
too many meetings.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 10, 2017
They are a great company to work for, insurance is great! They help you out as much as they can. If you get low on hours you can move around and work anywhere.
medical imigaining/phlebotomy
X-Ray Technologist/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJuly 7, 2017
I would clock in and see what in patient draws needed to be done. Do those and then draw patients. Not enough training in the clinic I would also perform xrays.
Pros
Patients
Cons
management
I love prhc
Food Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 3, 2017
I worked for the Pella Hospital for a little over 2 years in the kitchen, and I loved every minute of it. The people I worked with were great, even at 6AM we were all pretty cheery and happy to keep each other awake. A typical day was spent answering the phone to receive patient orders, making the food, putting it all together on a tray, then delivering trays to patient rooms. I learned so much about myself here: that I can work at any time of the day as long as I have great people around me. Mostly because my day would start at 6 or 6:30 AM and that was tough at first, but eventually you get used to it. They also have night shifts, which are a lot less busy than the day shift. So the hardest part of this job would be the hours sometimes. But the best part was the people I worked with and how much fun we could have.
Pros
Delicious food, low prices, great benefits, the people
Cons
Early morning shifts
Great employees to work with
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA 50219May 2, 2017
Quick paced office. Multiple doctors/PA's to schedule for. Multitasking is necessary. Constant communication with doctors and nurses throughout the day. Late night every other week and every 15th weekend.
Great Place
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working there. Very accommodating if you needed time off. And the only reason I quit was to stay home with my young children, otherwise I would probably still be there.
Great place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAFebruary 20, 2017
Wonderful place ! Great people! They take great care of the people who work for them, would definitely work for the company again. Hours/wages are also good.
great atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 9, 2015
The people and place was just always so nice and there to help you when ever needed.. also could work way up the employment ladder :)
Fast Paced
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAOctober 17, 2015
As a phlebotomist your day is very fast paced, up beat, and full of patient interaction.

Friendly staff members.

Great learning experiences everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Regional Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight