Pella Windows and Doors Employee Reviews

Very fun and loving environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALAugust 12, 2018
A typical day at work considered of loading and unloading trucks. And making sure that everything was in order and put in its correct places. I learned from working here that you have to be able to move efficiently and swift to get the job done in a timely manner.
Pros
Boss always bbq for us for lunch
Cons
No benefits
I liked working here
Warehouse Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 30, 2018
Management is terrible do not give fair pay raises what so ever to their employees. Employees here are great hard working people. I enjoyed working here other then that.
Pros
Employees are great
Cons
Poor management. Unfair raises.
Not a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 23, 2018
This company was by far more stressful than any Doctors office I have worked for. The management was unorganized and their main focus was on the Money, not the customers nor the employees
Very informative
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJuly 22, 2018
Not the best management but I learned a lot from working there for just a year. Hard work especially in Florida due to the very high temperatures. Relaxed type work but also very competitive and fast paced.
Innovative and family oriented company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 21, 2018
Pella windows and doors is a good company to work for. The company treats you as an employee and makes you feel like you’re a part of their family. The products are second to none which makes it easy to sell. Have a great working relationship with my managers and fellow employees.I would encourage anyone in the sales industry to work at this company.
Pros
Innovative, family friendly business, flexible and allows me to work at home.
Cons
He seems to be a little bit low compared to other type businesses.
Friendly work environment
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed my job and the co workers I had. The customers were a joy to meet with and to match up their needs with the products we had. I would recommend them.
Good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 31, 2018
It was agood job i would love to go back it was just i had a family problem and i was a temp to hire but if thay get a spot open thay will get back with me it is a really good job boss was down to earth nice place to work.
Pros
Lunch some times
Cons
Ok breaks
It’s a good place to work if you want several hours
Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 28, 2018
It really depends on what like that will depend on how much you work. If you work in IG intend to feel like you live there because you will be the first to come in and the last to leave. You aren’t appreciated there at all
Too many managers - very stressfull enviroment
Accounts Payable Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2018
Poor training, micro managed. More chiefs then there are Indians. VERY stressful, VERY long hours, leaves little to no time for family. Good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
long hours, micro management.
Poor leadership
HR (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 7, 2018
I do not recommend working at Pella Northland specifically in Human Resources. At this location, HR reports up through finance. The result is little to no autonomy, collaboration or true care for people. Rather it is micromanagement, dictation, and a fake front. If you are looking for growth this management is stifling and down right depressing.
Effort to make you feel welcome
Sales / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILFebruary 14, 2018
They had several offices at the time and we had a sales team that was good and the products first class. The industry was in transition at the time of my departure.
Good Company
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAFebruary 14, 2018
While working at Pella Windows and Doors, I performed various task which included running the sash saw, the welder, as well as setting glass, and doing trim detail.
Pella is a great place to work at
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IAFebruary 13, 2018
Good place to work at, Its fast paced on first shift and on second shift its a bit slower. Sometimes orders are big and you will work up to 10 hour shift. Managers are great and communication while working there is at a satisfactory level.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
short breaks, faced pace on 1st shift. Hard to get on 1st shift, goes by senority
Very upbeat place to work, people are wonderful
Showroom Coordinator/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 31, 2018
Enjoyed working with everyone at Pella. I learned all the products and kept up on all new product. Summer, Spring and Fall I kept very busy. Winter was very slow, would have liked other responsibilities to keep me busy. There was nothing hard about the job, I enjoyed my role. I was the face of the company, which I liked.
Excellent culture
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2018
It was like working with a family business. It was a small team and I knew everybody there. I did not require much supervision and I became the number one salesman.
Pella Trade Sales Rep
Trade Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 31, 2017
Expensive product makes it hard to push. 3 week delivery time made closing deals hard as well. Management was helpful. Worked from home almost everyday. Never really off the clock though
Pros
Managment
Cons
the product cost
Productive Workplace
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IADecember 7, 2017
I started out on the assembly line and advanced to material handler within 6 months with a pay raise. I would help out on the line when I was caught up with my work or if they were behind on the line.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
Na
Fast paced and exciting.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PADecember 6, 2017
Working at Pella is very enjoyable. The employees are welcoming and helpful. The work is fast paced, but rewarding. Upward movement within the company is competitive which breads motivation.
Lack or management 1specific site. Overall company is great!
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Macomb, ILDecember 6, 2017
The site that i work at has a management problem where no-one is held accountable and the employees bonus structure is absolutely terrible. The employees and coordinators keep the site afloat and keep everything going.
Pros
Great job security, family oriented company
Cons
Bad local plant management
Great environment. Best team I've worked for
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYNovember 30, 2017
Entire staff is helpful. This company really cares about and appreciates their employees! They help their customers out and bend over backwards for them. They really care about their customers' needs.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
small staff for the amount of business they have