Pellissippi State Community College

Pellissippi State Community College Employee Reviews

United States64 reviews
I met a lot of really great people while working there. It gave me a vision of what a good work culture should really be, interacting with the staff.
I am really happy when I can help students to understand Math as I am using simple ways and with different language which I feel that is mostly special for international students and students who there mother language not English.
Pellissippi State Community College is a tight-knit community of students, faculty, and staff guided toward producing graduates ready to pursue more from school or career.
The staffing and president are all amazing to work with. Very reliable and helpful. You are given all resources to make sure you succeed. The students have all been very respectful. You feel very supported working for PSCC.
I really enjoyed working at Pellissippi State as Adjunct Faculty in the ESL Department. Co-workers were supportive and the students were highly motivated. My only complaint was that there were very few avenues for an adjunct to transition to full-time faculty and you never knew from semester to semester if you would have a job or not or, even if you did, how many teaching hours you would get. This is ultimately the reason I left, although I enjoyed the work and was happy in the position.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Trusting environment as a director...given the freedom to run your department independently. Collaboration with other departments occurs regularly, so lots of help if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is a great place for student who are not sure on what they want to major in. They can come and complete the General Education classes and then transfer.
I really enjoy instructing at PSTCC for the school of nursing. The training is amazing. I have support from my boss and co workers. The nursing department is like a small family.
Pellissippi State Community College is a great place to work. In the academic departments, the teachers and deans are so appreciative of everything we do that helps them in their ultimate goal of student success.
Supplement Instructor (Statistics) and certified Mathematics Tutor; Conducting group supplemental instruction sessions to provide additional instruction for students taking Statistics and Mathematics courses.
I would only recommend this as an adjunct if you have another way to self sustain elsewhere. I have had to work other odd jobs just so that I could have basic securities.
If you are recent graduate, I would only recommend this if you are willing to work a lot here and willing to work elsewhere. I would also recommend you applying for the ACA (Affordable Care Act) if you want health insurance. Tell them that you are only part time. They will work with you.
I really enjoyed attending and working for Pellissippi State. The students, faculty and staff are like family. Everyone there really wants to be there; so they are helpful and give their best to the students. That's how I acquired the job. The staff realized that I needed extra income; so they found me a tutoring job, as well as an internship.
Pros
Open-door policy with staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to start as an adjunct, but not enough pay to live on and very stressful trying to juggle multiple part-time jobs and hope to get a contract next semester. No paycheck in August or January.
A typical day at Pellissippi had lots of stress and the culture was hard to work in. People tended to get along but communication was very poor between staff and faculty .
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Easiest employment I've ever had in my life. Biggest issue is boredom or a boring task. It is advantageous to work there if you are taking classes, as you will get one class waived or discounted in many cases.
I tutored students in English and Spanish.
I disliked unmotivated students.

I liked students who cared about their class

I really enjoyed my coworkers

I was really sad to have so few hours
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Too few hours
I liked teaching at Pellissippi State Community College.. The Mathematics Department is well run. They worked with me on my schedule and were always helpful.
nice place to work; good educational benefits; not a high-strung atmosphere, which is great; several campuses which allows some positions to have options in your work location
Pros
educational, insurance, and leave benefits, relaxed atmosphere, exposure to so many different cultural and educational aspects
Cons
state institution so limited raise opportunities, no salary increase w/degrees, one time bonus
One works for TN Boards of Regents therefore pay and benefits are decided at the state level. Promotion is based on job description not job performance. Jobs are increasingly requiring a higher degree obtainment than a bachelors degree.
Pros
benefits and retirement
Cons
one can get stuck in postion for a long time
Not only was I giving the opportunity to obtain work experience while in school but I also was paid to study and help students with desktop issues, etc.
Assist new students with getting familiar with their Pellissippi student acccount and aided perspectives students with the application procedure. Gave tours of the campus and represented the school at different events.

Meeting new people was an enjoyable part of my position and the hardest part of the job would be having certain employees try to take advantage of you and want you to do their job.
Pros
Tuition paid
Cons
Not included in office functions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pellissippi State Community College. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5
4.5
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Pellissippi State Community College Reviews by Location