Pellissippi State Community College Employee Reviews

state managed position
Financial Aid Corrdinator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 27, 2018
One works for TN Boards of Regents therefore pay and benefits are decided at the state level. Promotion is based on job description not job performance. Jobs are increasingly requiring a higher degree obtainment than a bachelors degree.
Pros
benefits and retirement
Cons
one can get stuck in postion for a long time
Work Friendly Environment
Librarian Assistant Work Study (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 8, 2018
Not only was I giving the opportunity to obtain work experience while in school but I also was paid to study and help students with desktop issues, etc.
Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 19, 2018
Assist new students with getting familiar with their Pellissippi student acccount and aided perspectives students with the application procedure. Gave tours of the campus and represented the school at different events.

Meeting new people was an enjoyable part of my position and the hardest part of the job would be having certain employees try to take advantage of you and want you to do their job.
Pros
Tuition paid
Cons
Not included in office functions
Not bad
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 15, 2018
Was in a temporary position, but my bosses were great, and everything was very good. Generally loose management in my area, but I was free to switch to other areas if I desired.
Productive and communal workplace as a student working for the college they attended.
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 10, 2018
Working for PSTCC was a pleasant, relaxed, and productive experience for a student employee. Most days, after classes, I would sign in at the front office and sit at my desk, addressing any concerns students or other visitors may have had regarding resources or other college-related services.
Working for the college helped me build relationships with others, be it academic or interpersonal depending if they were a staff member or classmate. Because of this, the culture of the workplace was quite friendly while still being professional. This was perhaps the most enjoyable part of the job, working with staff and students to better everyone's experience at the college.
Work Study Position
Board Member and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 4, 2018
This was my first experience doing work study while in school and it was great to work with and for other veteran students like myself. This work study position led me to many other great learning experiences.
great position and program through Sociology in Social Work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 14, 2018
I enjoy my teaching position as a adjunct faculty member teaching first Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare Policy. Very professional and allows complete freedom to teach the course as warranted.
Excellent program and staff.
Pros
staff, supervisors and overall good program
Cons
communication about textbooks used for course
Academic coach at Pellissippi State
Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 1, 2018
Excellent working conditions, great staff, low pay, no benefits. Great to work with students and provide support for their college career.

Working under Disability Services provides direction to our staff.
Pros
low stress
Cons
Only able to work when students are in session. No benefits.
School had no budget to employ full time
Computer Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 19, 2018
This school had no State budget to employ full time faculty. There were no prospects for promotion due to lack of funds. I often felt insulted and discriminated against because of race and would not recommend this school for employment
Pros
Cons
No place for advancement due to funding issues from the state
It was fun
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNDecember 23, 2017
It was a good experience, but I wish I had made more doing it. My partner worked retail at the time and made nearly double my earnings for the month in about two weeks.
Pros
friendly emloyees
Cons
low pay - 7.25 an hour
good
Learning and Testing Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 24, 2017
I worked here on work study and really enjoyed it.it was not a hard job it was not fast paced it was something I really liked.worked in the testing center and really liked everyone I worked with.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
low pay
Friendly & Relaxed Location to work at
Event Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 18, 2017
Working for Pellissippi State College for the past 3yrs were the most enjoyable environment I've ever experience in the workforce. The staff and faculty members are very knowledgeable, friendly, and involved in the schools community. I've obtained valuable lessons and experiences while working for this school that I can proudly utilize in future short or long term careers.
Great group of people to work with.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 6, 2017
It was a great group of people to work with in the department. My colleagues worked well together and it was a great team atmosphere. Being an adjunct was not very secure.
Pros
Great group of people.
Cons
No job security as an adjunct.
I enjoyed my job as a Lab Monitor and Tutor
LAB MONITOR AND TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 26, 2017
It was a fun place to work as a Lab Monitor and Tutor. It was a part time position with a limited contract time. As a result of this there were limited benefits and limited negatives.
good company to work for
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2017
Always room for advancement, great feedback from management, Able to learn and develop skills you may not have. Compensation is good and its set,so you know in advance what you will be making.
it is great place for study and work
Testing technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville ,TN,USAJune 14, 2017
Pellissippi State Community College is overall a great school. The student life is my favorite thing about the school. Usually every morning, they will have something different in the front entrance of the school. Everything from different colleges telling about their school, personal life advice givers, financial help, etc. They also have a "spirit week" kind of thing. Wear your school shirt, have pictures taken and enjoy some free popcorn. The academics are better than most people would think. The teachers are always their when you need them, and the office staff is wonderful and kind. So far, I enjoy my journey at Pellissippi State!
Educational Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 10, 2017
I love working at Pellissippi. It is a great opportunity for those just getting into the field and has great pay. It is a wonderful work environment and I really enjoy it.
It was a lot of fun.
Student Recycling Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 25, 2017
I would highly recommend this for students. I had a bad manager that eventually got replaced after I left and replaced with a good one. The upper management is very nice to work for and genuinely care about students and employees.
Loved
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 12, 2017
This place is definitely a place to work. You can tell that the upper management staff love their employees and are willing to work with you on whatever you need.
Supportive Environment with Opportunity for Advancement
Supplemental Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 1, 2017
Pellissippi is very flexible regarding student schedule and home life. Management is very encouraging and supportive. There is also ample opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Works with student schedules.
Cons
Low pay