PELMAC Industries Inc.

PELMAC Industries Inc. Employee Reviews

United States6 reviews
Management is the worst part about this company... everything is so unorganized it could drive anyone crazy. The lack of actually doing things to change how the company is run is the biggest downfall... they will talk and talk about everything they "are going to do", but nothing is ever set in stone and good ideas generally get tossed to the side with ease. Only pros are starting pay for assistants and 4 day work week... other than that don't waste your time.
Every week is a 4 day week with a 3 day weekend. The company just changed the healthcare for the better and now offers 401k match. There is always work to go around, not like a lot of other trades where there is a lull in the work during the winter time. There is plenty of room for upward movement within the company. As long as you take care of them they will take care of you.
Poor management is abundant at pelmac. Starting from the top of the install you will get micro managed. The installer manager does not communicate to the peoject managers so there is mass confusion and upset. Im still trying to figure out also how you can work a 43 hour week and get paid for 38 hours. The best thing is your overtime will not be paid even if you worked it and they acknowledged it. Shady dealing happen all the time the install manager will say personal and private stuff to employees and try to cause riffs talking about how he hates the younger project manager or when he hires you tell you how much he thinks hes a kid. Jobs are consistantly messed up. Sales will hand you absolutely no maps worth a grain of salt. The job will get changed 6 times over the course of installing it and no one will notify you. Its great because all the pressure and blame possible will fall on install leads even if the office admits faults.

Lastly if you like stability you are wasting your tine here. They have let almost every senior worker go. People with 15 years in with this company they let walk out the doors. There motto is we can replace them. Sadly they cannot. If you like witnessing a turnaround rate of a puppy mill you will fit in. I watched 7-9 people go in and out during my time there what was brief and i also left on my own terms.

PS they dont match the 401k, benefits are outrageous high weekly and they wont honor any two week notice for anyone trust me you have been warned.
Pros
Good group of installers
Cons
Management, shady deals, turn around, high insurance price.
Official response from PELMAC Industries Inc.
April 22, 2019
We are sorry to hear about your negative experience working at PELMAC, especially since we find many of your comments here to be false. However, we understand when someone is let go from their job, it can cause this exaggerated reaction.

We are proud to report that 6 of our 7 executives have been with PELMAC for 10+ years and we look forward to celebrating more milestones with our employees.

Best of luck to you!
For the brief time i worked at pelmac industries i learned there was no organization. Multiple people on jobs from beginning to end. This seemed to create a lot of confusion. Most of the install crews are made up of random people with little to no experience. Ranking from cook's to old electricians.

The lack of communication between the the lead's and upper management creates upset.

The benefits offered are sub par. Health insurance is very expensive for a company of this size. The 401k has no matching. No vacation for one year.

I believe the worst of what i witnessed in my brief time was there lack of regard. They will dump a job on a lead. Then turn around when that person may ask for help and leave them to dry.

If you enjoy a work environment where tensions are high and you are left to figure everything out without any training. Then this job may be for you.
Pros
The people
Cons
Management, No training, sub par benefits, organization.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
As the Marketing Manager, my responsibilities included maintaining and promoting the PELMAC brand through digital and printed materials. I managed the content of the website, social media sites, attended networking events, collaborated with staff regarding marketing efforts, created marketing collateral, managed sponsorship/donation requests and advertising opportunities. PELMAC is a small business with a tight knit group, many employees have been with the business for 10-15+ years. Management staff are receptive to new ideas and improving service to enhance the customer experience. Everyone is very friendly and easy-going, always happy to help out when needed.
Pros
Growth potential, free coffee
A typical day involves pulling cable and installing access control, video surveillance, or alarm systems.

I learned how to program these systems and make them work in various customer applications.

My co-workers are great. Very helpful and fun to joke with.
Pros
Travel place to place to complete jobs.
Cons
Non-competive wages and average benefits.