Peltz Shoes Employee Reviews

Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 20, 2019
I did enjoy my time there though it was short due to relocating. The staff was friendly and welcoming as well as the customers that came in. It was a enjoyable environment.
Fantastic
Stock Picker (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 5, 2019
Fantastic workplace was an excellent job and an excellent management team. Discounts on shoes and occasionally free stuff! Would recommend to anyone. :)
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Peltz shoes was one of those jobs that was both challenging and relaxing, if not for my family medical emergency I would have continued working for Peltz Shoes.
Simple place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 8, 2018
If you are a person who doesn't care about what time of the day you work, and really appreciate the type of work it is, this can be a nice fit. It's a big store with a small staff so be careful and just get the work done.
Pros
Scheduling, security
Nice job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 3, 2018
When i started working there, i didnt know anything about shoes at all. The manager was very kind tk me and gave me a large amount of info on all the biggest brands we sell.He even tested me on each brand of shoe so that way i can keep the info in my head
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Very fast paced
Basically a sweat shop
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 30, 2018
The only way to advance at Peltz shoes is to do the job for cheap. Doesn't matter skill set. If you NEED a job in a pinch it is fine to get a paycheck. If you a retired and need to get out of the house the job is fine. If you expect to be treated with respect, do not work here! Promise of raise to get you in the door, then it never comes. Only if you work in the store and pretty. Only paid holiday is Thanksgiving. You work every single other holiday and NOT allowed to put in vacation time for them.
Cons
Most expensive healthcare possible. they hope you wont take it so they dont have to contribute.
Such a fantastic place to work
Picker/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 29, 2018
Great place to work. Until someone you know passes away and they fire you because you made a mistake at work even though you drive two hours to get to work and HR refused to talk to you about the situation.
Pros
Fantastic Team
Cons
Pay sucked
I loved the brands and my customers, sadly however, the management staff was the worst I've ever worked with in all my 44 yeaof sales and retail work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Ft Myers. FloridaMay 7, 2018
This company has so much potential. They could use a team with better work ethics. The managers will work the ones that work to death and allow others to slack off. The managers are unprofessional, caddy and gossipy. Even if you break your back working for them and are the top sales person, they hinder you and give kudos to their personal friends. I feel sorry for the owners. they are not aware of the opportunities they are losing. The managers set the precedents for a toxic work place.
Pros
Store closes at 7pm
Cons
You get 20 minutes for lunch.
Don't do it sucks
Picker (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 28, 2018
No room for advancement,hour's sucked.no future.dont care about employees...Work holidays and management wasn't there for employees.wasnt worth the time and effort.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I loved working at pelts shoes. The people were great and easy to get along with. The management was outstanding when it came to any issues within the business and the overall environment was awesome!
Great Family Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 7, 2017
I'm a 15 year veteran in the shoe business from 4 other companies and find that this company really listens to their employee suggestions and input. If we need something, we get a 24 hour turnaround on a reply. Anything that is brought to management's attention is handled. I also appreciate that the owners and corporate know me by name and are happy to speak with me when I have concerns or questions.
Pros
schedule accommodations, long term employees, enough staff and coverage, great prices, good product, great loacation.
Cons
It's retail - there are some things that are part of job.
Workplace that will provide a wealth of hands on experience of real customer service and product knowledge.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 12, 2017
Not one of those companies that taking pride in your job and ownership of your business pays off. The more you will do the more they expect of you, with little to no acknowlegement of your accomplishments or successes. For some reason, the label of Store Manager equates= use up your employees until there is nothing left.
Pros
Great place to develop Customer Service skills, and learn product knowledge.
Cons
The more you give and put into the business, the more the owners/upper management expect from you.
Management was miserable
Shoe Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 21, 2017
I opened this new store with my fellow employees after attending training in Sarasota which was 2 hours from my home.

The customers were wonderful and the knowledge I gained within Sales was very satisfying.

There was just one issue- the store manager.

He was absolutely unprofessional, he had random angry outbursts that were almost psychotic and he hated the holidays, which made most peoples favorite and cheerful time of each year, absolutely miserable.
Pros
Pay and incentives
Cons
work enviorment with very rude and unprofessional management
Amazing management, great coworkers, super positive environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 18, 2016
Very supportive, positive crowd, very welcoming environment. Great management team, friendly outgoing crew. I could not have asked for a better experience. I am forever grateful. Thank you.
Pros
personal and family discounts
Cons
Pay for uniforms
Fun place to work
Shipping Clerk, Packing (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 5, 2016
I pick shoes that people order off the internet than I shipped them out of the shoe. My manager and co-workers are cool sometime, the best part of the job I can work at my pace. I enjoy mostly working on my own.
Pros
Lunch
excelent company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 7, 2016
great people wonderful mgt and the customer service is tip top fun to work in the environment there are contests from both the company and vendors as well as additional spiffs
Sucks
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa flMay 16, 2015
This company is cheap. Never work for a privately owned company. Everything takes forever to get approved because they are cheap
Pros
None.
Cons
Sucks
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 29, 2014
Typical day at Peltz Shoes is a normal day, start with the morning meeting that gives you the basics of what needs to be done. Greet the customer with a smile and pleasant personality.

I learned there is more to a shoe store than I thought before I started working there. if the shoes are damaged I learned how to return them to the vendor or how to transfer shoes to other stores.

My managers and co-workers are great people to work with really fun and easy going most of the time.

The hardest part of the job is limited communication sometimes people aren't willing to listen.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and finding people I work well with.
Pros
30% discount for employees and 20% for their family
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 29, 2014
a typical day at Peltz Shoes is greeting customers with a smile and positive attitude, making sure that the store was in proper order shoes labeled displayed properly. Making sure that the customer have a positive experience.

I learned that shopping for shoes is more than just going to a store and looking around. I learned what happens to a pair of shoes that are damaged or labeled wrong normally they are returned to vender unless we can find the right shoes for the right box then we return to vender only to remove them from our inventory and receive them in under the right label.

My managers and my co-workers make it so that there is never really a dull day at Peltz.

The hardest part of the job is having little communication either vertical or horizontal. Though there were morning meetings with the basics of what needed to be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and having co-workers that you get along with.
Pros
30% discount for employees and 20% for their family
Cons
no room for advancement