Pen Air Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Poor culture. A culture of fear!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 11, 2018
Senior leadership is cutthroat and does not care about who they trampel over to get to the top. They are two faced and will turn in you very quickly. Do not trust them. If you take a job here my advice is to keep your head down, don't push back, agree with everything they say, and sale alot of everything. CEO and HR VP are both not trustworthy.
Benefits
Cons
Culture of Fear
Stressful environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 14, 2018
Work Environment was stressful, unfair and always working on the edge not being comfortable. I seen someone that worked there for almost 20 years get let go because she didn't agree or believe in the new culture! Getting paid to do 2 or more jobs was no fun and caused my ultimate downfall. Culture went from helping our members to selling to our members. I was trained for two weeks and was immediately put into the job, had no shadowing. Had to ask a whole bunch of questions just to do one job. The only good thing from my experience were my coworkers and everything I learned.
Constantly in fear for my job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 1, 2018
In my branch, my team was great, my manager was cool. But i was in constant fear for my jobs because of the higher ups. they didn't care about any of the employees
Bad place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 18, 2017
Senior and executive management has ruined the culture at a once great place to work. There is constant back stabbing and a you can't trust most management including the CEO. They generally are lost on what to truly do what is best for the members and staff.
Cons
Senior management, culture
Great at first
Thankless Servant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 11, 2017
New management recently making the great place it used to be into a place you feel as if you are walking on eggshells. Beware! CEO claims to have an open door policy, but you may not be able to trust him.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
No communication. Not everyone is on the same page.
Stress to loose your job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 9, 2017
Everyone is afraid of loosing thier job. The ceo and another executive run the place. They are not from pensacola dn do not know what it is like to have a business that has been in thier home town for over 80 years. They are running it to the ground. They have fired over 30 people in the last two years and not stopping.
Fast paced
Full Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLJuly 5, 2017
While employed here I gained a working knowledge of many areas of operation within a financial institution. It is a very fast paced work environment with some opportunity to advance.
Pros
meeting lots of interesting people
Cons
short lunches, strict dress code
Great co-workers, poor management
Lending Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 3, 2017
Pen Air was a great place to work at first, but many changes have happened in the last few years. People that had been there for many years were let go just being told they didn't meet the new "culture". I feel that was an excuse to weed out some of the older employees and hire younger ones.

The atmosphere is tense, the employees seem to always be worried that they could be the next to go.

The pay and benefits are average for the industry.
Pros
Knowledgeable and friendly co-workers
Cons
Inexperienced management
Great benefits package and very knowledgeable coworkers
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLOctober 11, 2015
Worked with very knowledgeable coworkers. Managed a branch with high volumes of transactions. They are very member-oriented and strive for great customer experience.
Benefits
Cons
Decent amount of Red tape and politics
Great work environment with excellent benefits
BRANCH MANAGER/ ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 20, 2014
I enjoyed working for Pen Air FCU. I felt very connected to my local members and community. I was active with the South Baldwin and Coastal Alabama Business Chambers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to listen to members needs and find the best solution for them. Making peoples dreams come true with new car loans, boat loans, mortgages, etc was very fulfilling.

Want to know more about Pen Air Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question
Overall, a great place to work.
Compliance Assistant, Quality Assurance Rep, (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaNovember 13, 2013
I really enjoyed working for PAFCU. It is a great company to work for. They have a great benefits package. PAFCU has great management and employees.
I started as a teller and worked my way up to a Compliance Assistant.
Unhappy
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 3, 2012
Campany was not family oriented, and always expected more from their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pen Air Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5