Penacook Place

Penacook Place Employee Reviews

The facility wasn’t too professional, but the residents were lovely! The staff were nice, and did their jobs promptly and adequately. I loved working there!
Very poor ppe, does not allow for emplyees to wear mask during corona virus. Employees verry good and respecfull, get along with everybody, good teamwork with my coworkers.
I recommend this employer. Wonderful work environment with excellent support from my peers and supervisor. I left this job position because I relocated to Maine.
There’s a lot of side work and knowledge needed to work here. Many people with allergies it’s just something you always need to be careful with . Management isg
Place is understaffed on certain floors. Staff turnaround is about the same as the pt turnaround on the rehab floor. They cancel you at the last min sometimes after you drove 30-45 mins to get there . Pay is not too bad but management has to train staff on teamwork cause there is NONE
Cons
No paid lunch insurance is high priced
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Was able to acquire CNA skills, rehab is the busiest floor in the building, fast paced work, human resources was very professional, RNs work hard, must follow assignments and document, rehab floor patients come and go fast, the floor demands change daily, must learns how to manage time and work as a team, understand individual patient needs per shift as they do change constantly do to recovery efforts, must stay in communication constantly with nurses to stay up to date with best care, if given the opportunity to work in the rehab floor, best advice is to keep it professional, team work, communication skills, time management, understand patients’ needs ahead of time, over all I found this place helpful, most of the staff I worked with were hard workers and experienced a lot of the staff have been there more than 10 years, it’s a difficult job but it was a rewarding one for me.
I enjoyed working there at first but seeing how over worked everyone is and being harrassed by my ex boss. I'd never recommend working there, it should be shut down
Pros
Some nice people and residents are adorable
Cons
Bulling, harassment, lieing, stressful, underappreciated, CNA's not being respectful to house keepers
Lots of workplace drama, always short staffed, not enough pay. Teamwork is limited no one likes to work together everyone wants to do there own thing.
Over all I like the people I work with! Like every place there is an issue with call outs which can be challenging! I love my family members who come to see their loved ones!
i’ve worked here for over 10 years and still get no respect at all and it’s just a horrible place to work i don’t like it here and u shouldn’t either🤬👿😡
It was too under rated not enough staffs worked more than what I supposed too due to shortages of staff but besides that I really liked it my job it was a challenge but worth it I liked what I did as a laundry person
Pros
I used to bring my own lunch
Cons
Short breaks
As a new grad, it can get daunting but there were plenty of people who had the knowledge and most were WILLING to help you out. Be open to criticism. I found majority of the people to be good people but it does get stressful. As with any place of employment there are pros and cons. I saw mostly PROS. I've read the prior reviews and although they can be true, I felt as if the pros outweighed the cons from my point of view. Pay rates were increased and hours were plenty. I loved it here and learned so much. If you're a new grad, I'd sign up for the good workplace environment, endless hours if wanted, great learning experience from other experienced nurses, quick accumulation of pro's, kind and friendly residents and great pay rate. What more can you ask for? I personally loved the place and hope others can find this workplace gem.
Pros
Coworkers, management, experienced nurses, plenty of hours, great pay, quick accumulation of pto's
Cons
not their fault but at times can be short staffed
Management trys to fix things but end up adding poor implementation that don't work. Old school still work. Kitchen needs major intervention.They need a major upgrade, real chef, real food, not cold sandwiches. Staff working are tried of taking the heat from patents n their families about food issues. Nurses are always interrupted w things beyond their scope for e.g. television set that don't work, room too hot to find a fan Etc Aides are always understaffed therefore nurses are always interrupted to boost, toilet Etc. lack of regular aides makes continuty of care impossible as well as primary nursing.
Pros
good pay
Cons
overwhelming, expectations too high
New management who only care about "their bottom line" are driving good employees out the door, creating impossible working conditions and stressing good employees out with too much micro management, lack of supplies to get work done and no appreciation.
Pros
Good people, great patients, lots of hours available
Cons
Benefits are low quality/high cost, management unappreciative/micromanage, no incentives
Overworked underappreciated no pay raises in almost 6 years! Not worth it ! Not much teamwork on certain floors alot of shift blaming rather than problem solving
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
No pay raises in 6 years
A good place to work plenty of extra hours. They have a a clear chain of command so should a problem arise you know who to speak with.
Pros
good health insurance.
Cons
they donot pay you for lunch.
Penacook is a good enjoyable place to work, the co-works are very friendly, welcoming, and well manage. the hardest part of the job is not having enough help when needed. Otherwise, Penacook is the place to work.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
not enough help
At Penacook I start my day with a walk through the building to make sure everything is in place. After the walk through I start my maintenance duties which consist of a trash walk through, vacuuming, stripping floors, steaming rugs and cleaning wheelchairs with machine. I can not say there was a hard part to the job but the best part was chatting with the residents in the facility.
Respected my co-workers, work in the department was slow, low census resulted in hours cuts.
As soon as my shift starts my co-workers and I work in team to get all the residents ready for their super. we work hard and fast to accomplish residents needs in a well manner. sometimes is hard to please everybody at once but we manage it.
going in the morning was the best especially being with he elderly while helping them with there breakfast before their morning activities. i have learned so much working there for a short period. everyone has there own stories , you realize what they like and how conformable then can get with someone. my co-workers are nice people we all got along and never had any disagreements. and we all worked as one or took turns. i didn't get no hardest part of the job even if it was to play , interact, pass out mail or help them with here food. the Most enjoyable part was just having the one on ones with them and listening to there stories and so much u can realize from then and now.
  1. Employee Reviews