Peninsula Jewish Community Center Employee Reviews

Great folks and work environment.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER, PJCC (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Supportive work environment.
I had wonderful relationships with my colleagues.
The wellness benefits are second to none.
The PJCC offers: Sick and vacation time, a 403b plan, life insurance, medical and dental insurance to name a few. Many holidays and free and discounted classes.
Great place to work.
Great Organization
Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 26, 2017
Loved working at PJCC. Well-run programs, dedicated staff. Friendly. Supportive family environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with children and adults and the opportunity to participate in interesting lifestyle-improvement seminars and education programs
relaxing center for everyone
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 3, 2017
A typical day at work is never set since we get a lot of people who go off on business trips. I learned that improvising is very important here at the jcc. Management can be better since we only have one and there are 20 employees. The workplace doesn't feel bad but it feels alright. The hardest part of the job is to understand that everyone is different and address people a certain way. I like working with people who has goals.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no discounts on many things
good to begin or end career
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 10, 2017
great support and development for entry level and good culture for those in end of career. change does not happen fast, if ever. management is concerned with the bottom line, and employee morale and work/life balance is secondary. colleagues are great, benefits are great.
Fun family atmosphere
Youth Flag Football Instructor and Referee (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 10, 2017
Great place for kids to learn a sport and what sportsmanship is. Family friendly atmosphere. Show up to field and organize games and schedules and make sure teams are ready and prepared. Organize the refs and call games.
Pros
Family friendly
Fun place to work!
Lead Teacher / Mentor Teacher (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 23, 2017
I loved working at the PJCC. I would still be working there had I not moved away. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the children are so much fun.
OK Place to Work, But Little Growth or Challenge
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 7, 2015
The best part of working for the PJCC is the staff. In my time there I always felt part of a family who genuinely liked, respected and supported each other.

It's a soft place to land for those who are tired of the corporate 'rat race' and a pretty good place to gain work experience if you're just starting your career. But because senior management and the board are a little behind the times on embracing up-to-date strategies and technology, and they don't really support staff learning or growth, it's like being 'stuck' in an endless loop, doing the same work the same way with little challenge.

Now that the PJCC is looking for a new executive director, there is the opportunity for the board to choose someone who is not 'technology challenged' and will embrace change and support staff growth and learning, which can only help the business.
Pros
Wonderful staff; generous vacation and sick time; Jewish and traditional holidays
Cons
Little room for growth or learning; senior management stuck in the past