Peninsula Regional Health Systems Employee Reviews

N/a
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 15, 2018
I worked Monday through Friday 3pm to 11pm. I was in charge of approximately 30 patients, 5-6 nurses, and 4 CNAs, I completed chart reviews daily, and ensured all patient needs were met.
Internship
Community Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 11, 2018
This is a really good facility to be a part of for an internship if you desire to work in the health field. You get exposed to a lot of things upon request.
Pros
Good Cafe food. Benefits
Cons
n/a
Stressful environment; no accountability through management
Registered Nurse, Oncology Certified (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 23, 2018
Weekly staff meetings resulted in more job duties placed on the nursing staff. Doctors were not held accountable for order placement and work flow was often slowed due to inaccuracy of orders. Management would learn of new procedures and delay staff information until the procedures were put into effect, regardless of how it affected patient care and workflow.
Pros
Work week was Monday - Friday
Cons
No break throughout the day, sometimes not enough time for 30 minute lunch period.
liked everthing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMarch 3, 2018
I loved working there. Helping patients. making appointments.switchboard calls .Helping the Doctors. confirming appointments doing in house tesing and hospital.
Pros
free lunch somtimes
Great experience
Inpatient Phlebotomy Technician-draw (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 22, 2018
I love working at PRMC. It is my first adult job that I have been working while attending school. MY boss is incredibly understanding and knows that school comes first. My coworkers are great people and the conversations we can have on small windows when we are not busy is great. It can be stressful at the start of the shift but once it slows down you can really enjoy the time. Working as a phlebotomist I spend about five minutes in a room with someone but it is nice to get to talk with everyone that I encounter in a not so happy environment. It feels good when I can make them smile every now and again. I have no plans to leave soon but when I do I know I will miss it.
high paced job
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Case managment was a very high stress fast paced enviroment. More and more was placed on our plate with no added support. I loved the medical staff I worked with. They are some of the best providers around.
Great
Administrative Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 10, 2018
I has a great career at PRMC. I worked at the medical center for the 44 years. I learned a lot from the doctors I worked with throughout the years. Worked with great staff and management.
Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 6, 2018
A typical day at work can be in a management role or filling any and all staffing needs. I have learned a great deal in my time here, from CNA to RN Circulator to RN Clinical Supervisor. The workplace culture is extremely negative and hostile at times. The hardest part of the job is constantly battling negativity. The most enjoyable part of the job is time spent doing patient care.All things aside, we give EXCELLENT patient care!!
Pros
Vacation time and discount on services
Cons
Short staffing, Mandatory OT
The workplace culture is one of teamwork and collaboration.
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 4, 2018
The workplace culture is one of teamwork and collaboration. I have enjoyed my position as a shift supervisor and never asked anyone to perform a job that I was not capable of doing myself. The hardest part of the job at times would be having a customer leave without having their problem resolved. A good shift is when everything runs smoothly and employee and customer issues can be resolved.
PRMC was a decent place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Team work was very important to complete the days work. Sometimes we were so busy we had to eat at our desk during lunch, 8 hours was not enough time to finish our daily work at times. Hoapital was very efficient on keeping up with hospital policies
Pros
paid time off
Cons
sometime I didnt have time for lunc and had to eat at my deak
Night shift was a great team
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at Peninsula Regional Medical Center for a number of years. I worked on night shift, we did what needed to be done, and in our off time, we had a good time with each other.
Run.
Catering associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 22, 2018
Catering assoc. Starts off feeling great untill they cut how many people they think it takes to run a shift and continuously add more work. You get burnt out quick. Dont try to advance in the company as soon as you put in an application for another department they will find a reason, or make one, to write you up so you cant transfer for another 6 months.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Horribly managed, no communication
Its a job basically
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocean Pines, MDJanuary 9, 2018
I work at the Ocean Pines family medicine office , Office manager has no clue to whats going on , employees are outside smoking coming inside smelling like cigarettes, they have their own way of running the office which includes not following procedures correctly. If you need a temporary job until you find something better its ok , but definitely not a place you want to stay.
Pros
Free lunches all the time
Cons
Bad management
Leadership and Integrity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 4, 2018
There is a lack of communication between departments, managers and staff. An extremely big disconnect between executive staff and general staff. I've learned that it doesn't matter what you are qualified to do, it only matters who you know. Positions are given to individuals who are not necessarily qualified, it is based on who you know not what you know.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of integrity of the executive staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to help others and make a difference in their lives.
excellent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 21, 2017
Excellent work environment. Enjoy working in the 5 Layfield unit and working along side wonderful staffing. High quality equipment and always properly stocked.
poor management
EVS Aide (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MdDecember 8, 2017
need to get rid of contractors they have contractors controlling departments that are professional or able to handle their jobs. They need to pay a fair wage based on the job that employees do and not try to keep people down
productive and fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 8, 2017
Great support from all staff members especially for new graduate nurses. Staff is very friendly and productive. Work environment is very clean and peaceful
Terriable
Other (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 6, 2017
PRMC is all about making money and very little care for employees. You can be a wonderful employee and not get recognized for it, but make one mistake and it will likely cost you your job. HR is a joke and the orientation that they make you sit through is literally like a pep-rally and it is corny, brain-washing, and pointless. The staff at PRMC are never on the same page with one another and there is always some form of miscommunication or all around lack of knowledge. PRMC is not a good place to work.
Friendly work environment
Registered Nurse - Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 6, 2017
Very co-operative and friendly work environment. Helping each other out quiet frequently. Management sends out help if you feel you are overwhelmed. Dealing with social issues is one of the challenging part of this job.
Good job with poor employee base.
Director of Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDNovember 5, 2017
Although I enjoyed the work, the culture at the hospital needed to change. Due to a low salary structure, solid employees were hard to find. Pay was good for the managers, but poor for the employees.
Pros
Education opportunities.
Cons
Quality of Work Force