Penmac Staffing Employee Reviews

poor work assignment
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 16, 2019
worked in lees summit. The company there was slow to get training to be certified on equipment. Did not get any training on scan gun. I did ALL is was asked to do. The supervisors did not seem to know how or what to do They did not know hot to get work done efficiently or in timely manner. Skipped steps and had to go back and do them later . Did not say what they wanted done and seemed to lack direction to have a good work flow. Did not miss any work and always stayed busy. In fact worked some overtime. Lead people were just as bad. I have 20 plus years experience and could of done a better job. If they had nothing to do or did not say what they wanted done you sweep floors all day. How are employees supposed to do job with poor training and little or no guidance
Pros
a job
Cons
poor training and little or no guidance
temp agency
Multiple Temp Positions (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOApril 8, 2019
they provided me with multiple jobs to be able to work 40 hours per week, also provided many different skills to be learned

temping for them is how I was hired on permanently with Sun Safety
Pros
Worked with me on getting full time job
Cons
pay is very low
Official response from Penmac Staffing
April 19, 2019

Thanks for this feedback--congratulations on being hired on!

Fast pacing workplace
Picking (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 7, 2019
Penmac is a fast pacing workplace. Tiring but great . only thing i dont likw there oa you cant take that many breaks . i was working at visible . the manager was decent
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSMarch 29, 2019
Thoughtful company that has a work/life balance
Great manager that values there employees and their employees families.

Perfect place to learn staffing full desk. Not micromanaged.
Pros
Work/life balance. Weekly pay, full benefits
Cons
Not much advancement due to company being regional vs nationwide
will find you work, but wont communicate
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 20, 2019
I worked at Penmac for 5 1/2 years. Looking back, out of the 4 temp agencies I've been with, it ties for 1st. That being said...

PROS being able to find work quickly, and flexibility.
The flexibility worked very well for me, putting myself through college, since if your job doesn't cooperate with school scheduling, you can give your 2 day's notice and find something that does. After all, you aren't likely to be there more than a few months anyway, thanks to the assignment being seasonal or short-term.

CONS (to be fair, most of this applies to the other agencies as well)
-poor communication, they frequently forget to tell you where to go, and once even neglected to tell me not to come in the next day (position had been filled by someone else)
-lies and misinformation; they usually don't know who you actually report to, or what the environment will be. They think they do, but they don't.
---I've had 2 jobs where I asked them if it would be outside, and was told no, and had to borrow sunscreen from people to avoid death by sunburn (I'm a ginger)
---"you'll be hired after 90 days" ALWAYS turned out to be a lie. ALWAYS.
---I've had 2 jobs where the client was very happy with my work, but I was, according to Penmac, "let go for poor work performance"
-no opportunity advancement
-no benefits or grace period, no sick days (unless you can arrange them with the client directly)
-when push comes to shove, they bend over backwards for the client, and don't consider your situation at all, you are simply the grease to make "the machine" work
-coworkers are usually good people,
  more... but when they aren't, there's no recourse for you  less
Pros
flexibility, find work quick
Cons
lies, misinformation, poor communication, you're little more than a tool
Temporary Agency
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARMarch 8, 2019
I always felt that the staff there had your best interest.They placed you according to your skills set and if you needed improvement they had the means.
Enjoyed
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 4, 2019
Good place to work at for a weekly paid temp agency. Even for a single mom of 2 I enjoyed getting paid weekly took some of the stress of with bills and what not
Good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 1, 2019
I did alot of different Warehouse jobs for Penmac and I found them to be ok. There were a few jobs where I was told to leave because it was temporary unfortunately but I didn't let that stop me. I think the agency is a good place to find a quick temporary job.
nice
Driver (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 1, 2019
I would recommend the staffing agency to anyone who would like a nice temp job for a couple of months or so. The office personnel is an awesome group.
Good placement and location
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 25, 2019
Good company verry helpful accurate placement Transportation is helpful.A Great staff al
ways an future assignment retainment needs some help.The ladies are smiling and curitous to people.Basically they do what they can.
Pros
Transportation, easy work
Cons
Long hours somtimes
It’s ok place to start out
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Picker/Packer) (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 25, 2019
I like working for Penmac they need to expand where the job placement is. Because the company I was at was ok but they had poor job advancement. But Penmac will work with ypu
easy work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2019
i go to work put in 10 hours and leave. normally i dont have to worry about being over worked and people normally do there job to make sure we have a safe easy day
Always jobs available
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 9, 2019
They always have jobs available and are willing to help people who are serious about getting a job right away. They never turn a head against someone who doesn’t have the best record.
Pros
Always something available
Cons
They make money off of you.
Great Flexibility
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 4, 2019
I really enjoy working for Penmac as a substitute teacher. I love having the flexibility to work as much as I choose on the days I want while going to college. I really enjoy the work as well. I have learned a lot subbing.

As for Penmac coordinators and managers: they've been great. I've had issues come up and they have been very accommodating and understanding. Very helpful and kind.

The only downsides to subbing: you aren't always guaranteed to work on the days you would like to, you may not get the positions you are most comfortable with, and the benefits aren't the best. I wish they would have better benefits for those who regularly sub, like paid days off/vacation days, better insurance options.... etc.

The pay is also low whenever you also take gas/miles on your car into consideration. Better pay would definitely be fantastic!
Pros
Flexible, ability to build your own schedule
Cons
Low pay, not the best benefits
For a temporary company they do a good job trying to keep you working
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 28, 2018
They had several companies to work at and a variety of jobs . Was able to see what you need for a work invierment .tryed to place you to fit. Worked with you to find a different job if you didn't like where your at. Would hear you as a person of value to work to make a happy employees.
Be cautious. Have a backup plan.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 28, 2018
Be cautious. They're good at finding work for you generally but you will get let go for little to no reason at all. You get paid weekly as a bonus but don't expect any kind of security or honesty from them. Im paying for that now. Be careful. Not very good with providing all needed information about the jobs. Not much communication with the company providing the work.
Pros
Paid weekly.
Cons
Dishonest. Poor communication.
They do a service to the community by helping people find work.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 18, 2018
Penmac Staffing has been very helpful in finding work for me. Anytime I have come in for any reason the staff has been courteous, professional and prompt with the way they treat me.
Fun but I was only there 3 weeks
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARDecember 17, 2018
I sure didn't get any free lunches. The 2 , 15minute breaks we're only 7 minute breaks because it took the other 8, minutes to put your gear back on. I could tell you a lot more about Twin Rivers which was the factory I was at phsically, but as far as pen.ac goes all I can say is they hated to see me go
Nice people to work with..just to far away for the pay they offer
Production Worker/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2018
Great chance to make money for young adults with no children..i am older with a wife and kids. The job is not hard at all..we came in and grabbed our scan guns ..logged in into our assignments and went to work..
Pros
Fun work environment laidback..nice people
Cons
To far..not enough pay.
Penmac Staffing
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 25, 2018
very easy laid back job enjoy working with the people there. I had plenty overtime. never missed a day. this was also a temp service. but they ,ade sure I had work
Pros
made sure that worker were happy
Cons
was late with my pay a few time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penmac Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.