Penmac Staffing

Working at Penmac Staffing: Employee Reviews

United States450 reviews

Penmac Staffing insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Ever changing tasks.

You will have some large jobs that you're on for quite a while, but it's also ever changing and not monotonous other than that. Laid back would definitely recommend.

Had a problem with my first placement so they found me a second placement where I gotta be hired onfull time

They did not give up on placing me somewhere that I requested that ended up in full time employment 6 months later I needed full time employment and they provided me with the hours I needed easy to get ahold of if problems occured

Pros

Easy to talk to

Cons

To lengthy of a time for full time employment through their companies

Micro managed via Frontline Aesop

I worked as a substitute teacher and as a full time high school English Teacher for 2 years in Arizona before relocating to Missouri. I loved it and the pay was acceptable. We used Aesop, had paid training and the substitutes were valued and always the same faces. The process of onboarding with Penmac Education was like a huge slap in the face. I was shocked as I was forced to submit to a urinalysis and an orientation with around 12 other people as a pre-employment requirement. At that point it was obvious that this was a recruitment center turning out substitute teachers like a high volume machine. This began to make sense as time rolled on and a realized that the schools have a disproportionate number of blue haired leftist liberal overweight Karins proudly donning face masks and scowling at you for not toeing the line. Maybe I have an attitude problem because I value my freedom more than I value their life. Definitely not worth what amounts to $10/hr when you can get work. Needless to say my son is now homeschooled.

Pros

You can turn down jobs

Cons

Can't cancel in Aesop attempting to force you into the classroom

Good company to work for if looking for temporary work.

Good pay, health dental vision insurance is available you can accept it or decline it. Majority of time office staff doesn't answer the phones. If you are going to be absent then you must send a text message to the Penmac office staff at phone number provided.

Pros

Good pay, health dental vision insurance is available you can accept or decline it.

Cons

9 out of 10 times office doesn't answer the phones, if you are going to be absent then you must send a text message to the Penmac phone number.

It's flexible

The good..... you decide when you want you work. There are lots of substitute teaching hours available. The bad.... it's an employment agency for the school districts. you'll never advance and they only offer supplemental insurance.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

I’m very happy with the relationships between school and Penmac.

All my questions are immediately addressed and when I had an emergency leave, good care and understanding was given to me. Great management! The training for subs has some very good tips for classroom management. I actually preferred the videos to the original training in class. I could stop and start the videos at my pace at home. I’m hired by Penmac but I sub in a school environment. I’ve taken Safe Schools training through Penmac and have used what I’ve learned through the years.

They will find you a job and get you there if you need transportation. (not for free tho)

Penmac will find you work without question. It is a staffing service so they get a part of your pay. They say it is free but they make like 33% of your pay. They are alright if you have issues in your work history where you may not get hired directly they can put you in there.

Pros

Several options for work

Cons

You don't have they same benefits or pay as a regular employee

Penmac is a temp agency

Most of these questions would only apply to permanent places of employment. That being said, all my years working penmac has consistently been able to provide me with employment. Most jobs I had through them turned into permanent jobs, so the chance of using them to find a career is definitely possible.

Not a good place to work for.

I had a job lined up with them, they didn't tell me the full details, the work place they sent me to was a disaster area and disordered, they didn't give me the paperwork which caused some problems with my pay.Speaking of pay they didn't pay my full amount, the client lied about my hours, and Penmac automatically too their side.I had to prove my hours and fight for my full pay.

Pros

Bottom of the barrel is a good place to start

Cons

Difficult, has no jobs other than general labor, staff is difficult to talk to.

Productive and playback environment

Good work environment with changing schools and working your schedule plus the days you wanna work and hours. You can pick the classes and subject of the class you work in or assist with.

Low pay. No support.

Low pay and low support. If you don't have a ride they offer van transport if you can get to the office for an unreasonable price. Benefits are expensive and inadequate.

Extremely rude

I've worked at other temp agencies and I've never had the employees treat me like a piece of trash when I try to get placed somewhere. You'd better make sure the first place you go doesn't fire you and give a non-answer for why or this agency (or at least this location) won't work with you.

Cons

Extremely rude

Great environment

Good environment, friendly people. Lots of information and help with the hiring process if you need it. Communicative and fun. I was nervous going in for the interview but was immediately put at ease by the friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

Wonderful management!

From my first interview I felt good about the company. Everyone was so easy to work with and the upper management really wants to see you succeed. It's a really fun upbeat place to work that cares about all of their employees.

Pros

Great work environment. Management.

Unprofessional staff.

Need to clean house with some of these managers. Completely unprofessional. No understanding or compassion. Time for the old "out with the old and in with the new"

Pros

Cons

Too many to list.

Official response from Penmac Staffing

June 14, 2021
Hello, We would like to learn more about your concerns. Could you please email more details to our corporate HR department at hr@penmac.com or call 417-616-6461 to discuss? Thank you. -Penmac Corporate Communications Dept.

Things changed once I became more aware

Are not willing to strongly fight for their employees. Opportunities come but not always a guarantee it will be an ongoing thing so expect to be looking...

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

The team leaders are fair and calm

I enjoy working at Durham Electric. It is nice to be offered overtime on Friday and very nice to have the weekends off. The team leaders are fair and although they expect good performance, they are relaxed and keep a pleasant attitude even when making any corrections on your work as a new hire. A good place to work with decent wages.

Pros

Durham Electric has good coffee !

There is good communication all around.

The only problem with working with Penmac is when working on weekends if there is a problem there is nobody at Penmac that I can call. I believe I can leave a message but sometimes the employee needs an answer almost right away. Otherwise Penmac is a great employer. The pay periods work out well.

Pros

Our GPS time clocks allow for being off on our time stamp by about 3 minutes.

Cons

No cons.

Easy job

Very simple job with good training. Was told no Saturdays and I ended up working Saturdays but its not that big of a deal. Very nice people to deal with as well.

Productive with minimal stress.

Jobs are always stressful in trying to keep up with production goals especially if the machines crash a lot. I'm lucky to work with people who have shown me the quickest and easy way to correct any problems. I feel i am learning very quickly thanks to them.

Pros

Paid for lunch

Cons

Long nights

Subsitute teacher

It’s a great job for someone who needs a lot of flexibility. I recommended anyone thinking about being a teacher try being a sub first. It will really test your classroom management skills. The health insurance is pretty much non existent. You can pick what days you work, and what classroom you will sub in, but some days there might not be any openings to sub so your paycheck can really vary. Work during the summer is pretty much non existent.

Pros

Flexibility, learning valuable skills, sweet kids

Cons

Inconsistent pay and very little benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penmac Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

4.6
InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Penmac Staffing with

• Penmac Staffing
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?