Penn Highlands Dubois Employee Reviews

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Penn Highlands DuboisMay 23, 2019
Let's face it, if a job was always fun and the place you worked was perfect you would pay them to go there. You are at this company to earn your pay check. As long as you don't mind working and following the rules you will be fine.

This organization is going through some growth and with that comes many growing pains. In our department we try to work together as a team and do what is in the best interest of the patient. We are short staffed and the work load does seem overwhelming sometimes but again, that is what we are getting paid to do.

Not a perfect place to go but I wake up every morning ready to go to work and do my job.
Pros
Great benefits, Pto, 403B, insurance
Not a good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAMay 2, 2019
You never get raises. The management doesn't know what they're doing. You will not be treated fairly. Human resources does a poor job. They only care about the company and not the employees. for example. If you have a problem with anyone in management, and you take it to HR they will pretend to investigate the problem and then make the employee out to be the bad guy .
work summary
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAAugust 27, 2018
A typical work day for me at Penn HIghlands. I would distribute linen throughout the facility and send it out to other facilities via carriers. also in charge of ordering and allocating where to charge the departments.

The management was fine until 3 years ago then an outside company came and took over. the work place became unbearable and people backstabbed one another. management doesn't care how long you were there if they didn't see you as an asset you were gone.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the friendships that were made I still visit them when I can
Pros
nice people
Cons
bad managment
Ran like a dictatorship
Dubois (Former Employee) –  DuboisAugust 19, 2018
Being loyal and good at you job means nothing in this hospital. It's full of management that has been there forever but you'll notice more and more longtime employees and doctors are "leaving". They need to focus on keeping their employees instead of trying to get rid of them. They need to "clean house" on their own management.
Pros
Pto, health benefits, coworkers
Cons
The atmosphere is very tension-filled.
Unit Secretary - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJune 26, 2018
Management in the last 4 years has been very tough, sometimes derogatory, unwilling to listen, very demanding. Personalities of the employees are tied to their cell phones. Employees are not as friendly and easy to work with as when I started and early years.
Pros
discounted health services
Cons
breaks are not always given, staff has become very irritable (in part, due to management)
not a stable place to work
CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PAJune 23, 2018
Penn Highland is a very difficult place to work. Policies are not followed and supervisors do not relay important information in a timely manor. I was not happy.
Pros
paid holidays and benefits
Cons
management
Review
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAApril 9, 2018
Poor traing.
Felt like I was set up to fail.
Higher staff do not listen - regardless of circumstance
At least the pay was good
Benifits were also good
I would apply again - but again, refere to point #3.
Pros
Pay, benifits, discounts
Cons
Management & lack of training
Productive and influential place to work
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAJanuary 22, 2018
I've gained so much knowledge working for Penn Highlands. As my first job after graduating from college. I was very eager and ready to take on the world. I was willing to step into any position I was qualified for. The benefit of working for such a large corporation is that if a particular role doesn't suit you, there are always other opportunities waiting for you.
Management is awful
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  3rd floorJanuary 5, 2018
You don't get proper training. Very cut throat. If one PCA has a problem with you, you might as well forget it.... they tell you they give u all this training and the girls they have train u don't train u properly. Very poor management. They don't listen. There is a lot of favoritism there... so if you not one it will be rough. Some of the co-workers well great. Then u have the ones who are not. Very fast paced job. I loved the job as taking care of my patients. But did not like the supervisors or some of the co-workers. A lot of lieing and cut throat goes on there. Very sad......
Pros
Patients
Cons
Co-workers, managemnt, high cost of insurance
Stressful work environment
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PADecember 26, 2017
Management is rarely seen in the work environment. Work loads kept doubling with no new staff being hired. Many instances of being "set up to fail" by many of the employees.
Pros
Working to achieve state-of-the-art patient care facility
Cons
Large bonuses given to large Administrative staff with no visible accreditatiion
Very fast paced
Central Reprocessing Assistant (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PANovember 15, 2017
I genuinely enjoyed working at Penn Highlands! The position I was offered was very fast paced and I did learn a lot while working here. I enjoyed the environment and felt that other staff were very helpful in helping me learn my job.
Decent place to work
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PASeptember 16, 2017
Decent place to work but not room for advancement in my particular field. It is close to where I live and there is a small rural community-type atmosphere which I enjoy.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No room for advancement
Professional atmosphere, patient oriented
Environmental sevices (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAAugust 6, 2017
Penn Highlands Dubois is a fast paced patient oriented place of employment. All employees work together for the best interest of all patients. A large family of workers.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off
Cons
Miscommunication between departments.
Great Team Oriented Hospital
Patient Sitter/Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAJanuary 10, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed everyone working together as a team and being able to rely on one another. I however was disappointed with upper management, they are failing at making this hospital a better place.
Somewhat enjoyable
Registered Nurse, BSN (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PASeptember 5, 2016
The work environment was not a bad one. At the time it seemed to be in the middle of a lot of changes to the hospital which seemed to put a lot of stress on the workers.
Fun workplace
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAAugust 3, 2016
I enjoy working with the public meeting new people and just having fun doing what I love. My supervisors are very understanding and helpful when needed.
Pros
helping patients
okay..
Secretary (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAJune 29, 2016
Great benefits, poor compensation, no room to advance, not good communication between admin and staff.

There isn't room for clerical people to advance.
Love my job!!
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAJune 24, 2016
I feel pride when I walk into the hospital. I enjoy those that I work with, and get to meet. I enjoy caring for others.
I was actually able to bring my medical education to work with me and utilize it while working. My boss is super!
Pros
Cold in the Summer, warm in the winter
Fun and busy
RN (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAMarch 28, 2016
It is a great Place to work, Constantly busy, Lots of drama. You will not have a life if you choose to work here, you will get a ton of overtime, ever though its frowned upon
Very productive, fast paced and fun work environment
Surgical Supply Assistant (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAFebruary 8, 2016
I really loved this position. I was given the opportunity to start as a temp and earn my way into a full time position though hard work and dedication. My supervisor and co-workers were all very competent, helpful and accepting.