PENN HIGHLANDS ELK Employee Reviews

normal work day
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, PAApril 16, 2018
On a normal day of going to work I would, get my stuff out for the night. We would then set up tray for the patients, then we would deliver them and wash dishes.
Pros
short breaks in between
Cons
only worked 3 hours
Fast-paced employment
Admittance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, PAMarch 23, 2018
You always had something to do. Scheduling was hard at times. Management was gone a lot, so it was hard to get answers to questions, or change schedules without her being there.
Would Not Recommend
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, PAMarch 17, 2018
I've been an RN for years and have never seen anything like this. Poor management from top to bottom. Rude and could careless about the welfare of their employees. If you enjoy being over worked with missed breaks and then told to still do more than this is the place for you! Oh and let's not forget, you're just a number with policies to follow if they choose too. I think it depends on who you are and who you know. Not on what your skill level is. I went in hoping the rumors were not true but guess what...They are!
Pros
Friendly Coworkers while they last
Cons
A lot
Wouldn’t recommend
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, PAOctober 4, 2017
When it was elk regional it used to be a great place to work but since going to the critical access you aren’t guaranteed full time hours even though you are a full time employee! But they make you use your paid time off to conver the hours missed because they told you to stay home because their wasn’t enough patients. They give you just enough hours so you can’t collect unemployment but not enough to make it. Lack of communication. They do not fight for their employees! Don’t give raises when raises are suppose to be given across the board to everyone. Lack of teamwork. Lack of Management efforts in finding or looking for good help.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Lack of communication
Great place to work.
Patient access (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, PAFebruary 10, 2017
The main duty of this job is registering patients for appointments. I also verify insurances for the patients. Multitasking is a major component of the job.
No respect for employees... Too much favoritism.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, PAJune 21, 2016
This used to be a good place to work but in the 5 years it went bad. Employees are treated badly and the pay is not good. There is no care for employees it's all about making the "company" money.
Zero employee appreciation
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Penn highlands elkMay 15, 2016
Expected to work constantly with no thank you. No staff so you are doing 3 other people jobs and it still is never enough for management. Constant stress put on you and never are you told you do a good job when you give them all you have. Its nothing but negative. You are not paid for breaks and miss your break time due to not having any help. Management is pretty clueless on what really goes on. They claim to care for the residents but would never dirty their hands to help one of them and most dont even know who the residents are. They are names on a chart to them and sadly most the residents know they are becoming less important and the facility looking pretty is now top priority. Most the staff is unhappy due to mistreatment.
Pros
Honestly none
Cons
Miss breaks, mistreated by anyone higher than you, always an excuse for a raise freeze, no bonuses
small town facility, some changes, nic setting
Insurance Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Mary. PAMay 11, 2016
mostly same date to day work issues, close co-workers. Management is there when you need them. Hardest part of the job is not being able to move up to a position on my dept.
Pros
small community
Cons
does not offer much for employees
I really like working here but there politics could be on the better side.
Pinecrest Manor (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, PAJune 29, 2015
My typical day is a rat race. We are always short staffed. But it we get through it and collapse at then end of our shift.
What I have learned is to multitask a lot better and get things done in order of importance. And a lot of patients!
My coworkers. Well I work with a lot of different people and you get to know them really fast and how they work. You also know very fast who cares and who does not.
The hardest part of my job is working with coworkers who could care less about there job nor the residents.
Oh I forgot management. I really don't have a lot to say in that regard .Some supervisors just want to be everyone's friend. Some don't have a clue. And a few do,
Pros
Cons
Seeing
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Marys, PAMarch 19, 2015
I've learned many aspects of nursing working here. I enjoy working there with my coworkers as we are a great team together.