Penn Jersey Paper Company Employee Reviews

Ungrateful ownership always see the glass half empty
Office (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2018
Too much family involvement but not in a good way. Most common information comes from rumors and vindictive people. Don't know how they are a top workplace. They don't do anything special and less then half of the employees complete the survey.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Family is elitest, treat people poorly unless you are a favorite, which there aren't many. The finanace manager is rude and talks to people poorly.
Great work place.. horrible management
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
Company has a lot to work on. I hope it all comes together one day. They need to work on their pay rates. They don’t provide all workers equal treatment. Some receive many Invitations to fun activities and promotions. While others do not. Based on shifts and convience. Unfair
Horrible place to work
Credit/collections (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
Former employee in Collections. There has been a turnover of 11 people in 2 yrs in this dept. Anyone in the organization will tell you this department is tough due to the controller. Who is family. She's very humiliating, does not treat employees fairly or know how to communicate in a professional way. DEFINITELY an issue. Unorganized, time consuming, putting out fires instead of collecting!!!! Wasted time.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Everywhere is family
Stressful
Account Manager/Business to Business Collections (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2017
Collections/credit stressful, embarrassed by boss of our department. Worst place I've worked!

In the past 2 years 11 people have either been fired or quit in Collections. You will see this ad many times!
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor family management in credit
Tough family owned company
Equipment supplies manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2017
Tough family owned company. It's becoming more family management. It was too much of a commute to be happy. The Management really didn't understand my job until they put a family member that I had trained became my superior because she was family.
wharehouse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2017
Need to have strong work ethic. Long night hours during the summer. Good place to work at with room for advancement. Summer can be a lot of hard work but also can be fun.
Should be better to work for now
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2017
Management changed. So did the work environment. Changes that needed to be made finally happened. If these changes would have been made sooner I might have stayed
Pros
Dicounts
Cons
caught between family business and corporate
Major Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2017
Was a great company but we are stuck between being a large family business, with all of the nepotism and counter productivity, and a corporate entity, with rules and standards. We have taken the worst of both and are suffering for it.
Pros
freedom as a sales rep
Cons
no support, not even customer service
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2017
It's a very good place to work but the hours are terrible unless you like working over night. It will interfere with your social life a lot if you like do things on weeknights but the plus side is you always have weekends off
Cons
Working over night
Good company to work for but too many family members are involved in the day to day decisions.
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  PAApril 17, 2017
Growing company but very localized clientele. They added the retail concept a few years ago but need to expand on this. They have dedicated employees who have worked there for many years.
Fun. great staff. great company
Truck Driver/Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 18, 2017
I had an awesome time working for the company. no complaints. great staff. great everything. Get up in the early morning to plan my work day.
Lunch with free coffee
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 22, 2016
Its a good job to work if you don't have a life a girlfriend, wife, or children. a typical day would be pulling orders and loading trucks.
A top fortune 500 company
Labor p (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2014
A great family company to work for with excellent company benefits.
Pros
Appreciate input from employees on maintaining a safe and productive work environment
Great place to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2014
This is a company I would love to work for again. Although I feel they don't pay enough based on experience, qualifications and education, which is why I left.

The company culture is kind of laid back as long as you get your work done. The managers are friendly and approachable.

Overall like I said a company I would love to work for again if my old position ever opened up again. Sometimes it's not about making more money, its about the respect and dignity that this company offers to their employees....they treat you like family.
Pros
Family owned and they appreciate and value their employees
Cons
Compensation and benefits
good benefits
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  philadelphia paNovember 7, 2013
good job,good work environment for the most part long hours its a great job when your on the road but depending on seniority you might be stuck in the ware house and that is not a good environment management is always stressed and sometimes takes things to far
Pros
great ownership
Cons
management
its a great work place
freezer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2013
pjp was a great environment to work in everyone got along, the co-workers in the place were great, amazing people as well as management , I learn alot in pjp i learned how to order,talk on the phone with customers,inventory, put data on computer, etc...the hardest part of the job was Fridays where we'll at least have 12 to 16 pallets of items come in and u also had to break them down, it was also good cause time would fly... every 30 days pjp would buy food for there employees which was good...
Pjp
Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2013
PJP was a great place to work. Family owned and operatied. Cared about there employess.
Pros
great placed to work
Cons
industry is based on the economy.
Small Family Company
Payroll & Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 4, 2012
Learned a lot about federal and state laws
Co-workers are like a tight knit family
Hardest part of the job was working with both union and non-union employees