Penn National Gaming, Inc.
Happiness rating is 53 out of 100

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Terrible Work Life

Even if you work part time, expect to work full time hours. They do not respect your time or your time off requests. Tried to do this as a side job as a student and they did nothing to work with my schedule.

Pros

good pay, not mundane, fun people, breaks often, early out lists

Cons

bad management, terrible hours, mandatory overtime, no upwards mobility

Terrible management and HR representatives

The pay is a joke. You can make more almost anywhere. Management and HR are terrible. The work environment is great if you are looking to get lung cancer from the clouds of cigarette smoke. Hands down the worst job I haven’t ever had.

Pros

Cons

Health risks, terrible HR reps and management

Greedy compant

Company claims to appreciate employees but consistently do things that say otherwise. Some.departments are better than others but in my experience communication and training was horrible.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Pay not great

July 20, 2021
Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to us. Listening to our current and former team members and providing necessary feedback or resolutions is important to us.

Great company!

Great company to work for I hate you are leaving the Trop. The company was there when I need them the most and I'll never forget that. I wish this company all the best in the future!

Pros

Everything!

July 20, 2021
Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate all you have shared! We are grateful to you.

Upbeat and fun place to work

As with any job, there is good and bad but the people that I worked with and the atmosphere made for a great work experience.I learned a lot of the institutional side of Locksmithing working here and was a good transition back into the workforce from owning my own company.

Pros

Free Soda, Ice Tea Etc.

Cons

Limited Job Advancement for certain positions

July 20, 2021
Thank you for your five-star review! We appreciate your feedback. We agree that we have wonderful team members and a collaborative environment.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Good solid employment in an exciting environment

I worked Player Services 3 yrs. left & came back in Security. Both positions were great experiences. I’d give Penn National four stars. Have moved to Ga, however, should I return to Ohio or any other area where Penn National had opening I would enjoy working for Employer again

Pros

Good local employment with fair wages

Cons

Schedule issues not consistent.

February 8, 2021
Thank you for your review and detailed feedback. I appreciate all you have shared, and will share it with others! I'm glad to have had you on our team!

Sad and depressing

Team members are treated as easily replaceable. They really treat you nice during survey time but it will not last. Upper management is clueless and keeps the employees that bend to their will. Challenge their authority and they will throw a hissing fit in front of you. Sad sad environment.

January 25, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Our culture is what sets us apart, and our team members are the core of our success. I'm sorry to hear that your experience within your team is not reflective of our company values. I'd be open and interested to hear more about your specific team experience if you'd like to contact me directly.

If you like drunks and cigarette smoke

Loud and stupid people. The pay is below minimum wage most of it comes from tips. People are cheap. They’ll give away $100,000 but choose not to pay their employees during furloughs

Pros

Cancerous smoke, a job

Cons

No night life, no weekends

January 20, 2021
Thank you for your review. In a 24/7 business environment, I agree that our shifts may be unique and not for everyone. An important part of our interview process is transparency, where we conduct real-job previews, allowing you to walk in the shoes of the position and fully understand the expectations. We also offer our team members a wealth of perks such as tuition reimbursement, team member assistance during crisis, 401(k) match, and paid time off, to name a few. Penn is committed to investing in our team members

Environment was okay!

My position was lost due to this pandemic, furlough became permanent for me. This industry has promise, depending on locatiom and Regions. I would never considered working my location again.

Pros

Great Benefits!

Cons

Lack of culture and comradery, no chance of advancement.

January 20, 2021
Thank you for your review and feedback. I’m glad you overall enjoyed your time here. We agree our benefits are great as we are proud to offer our team members a wealth of perks such as tuition reimbursement, team member assistance during crisis, 401(k) match, and paid time off.

Good People, Zero Growth

Unfortunately the corporate IT department does not have any internal career advancement opportunities :( And the pay was far too low for the work load

Pros

lots of nice family oriented people

Cons

unclear job definition and no growth opportunities

January 23, 2021
Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. We agree that we have wonderful team members and a collaborative environment. We are proud to offer competitive benefits for our team members and their families, supporting them in living their best lives. We'd be open and interested to hear more about your specific team experience if you'd like to contact us directly.

toxic work environment from co-workers and guests

Working at a casino should be interesting and fun right? Wrong. Working for Penn National felt like a constant game of cat and mouse where you're the mouse and the cat is anyone in management who is waiting for you to make a mistake. They don't care about their employees because of what a huge company they are. DO NOT APPLY here it will suck your soul out.

Pros

set schedule unless you take overtime

Cons

toxic coworkers

January 20, 2021
Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback. Listening to our team members and providing necessary feedback or resolutions is important to us. I am disappointed to see you’ve had a negative experience. I’d like to discuss your situation in more detail. If you would like to further share your feedback, please reach out to me directly.

Coworkers help make it through the day.

Host work may seem all fun and games on the surface, but can be very time consuming and stressful. It is not for everyone. You will primarily be the ones getting the brunt of upset guests. Being a host is not just a 9-5 job, especially depending on your on property hours. Lot of after hours work for your guests and getting thing accomplished. Making your goals can be difficult at times, but with the tools provided you know where you stand at all times. Loved my job and what I did and coworkers help with the stressful days and give you people to lean on. Very much a family more so than just coworkers.

Pros

Get to experience things you may not have in other positions, health, vision, dental benefits, understanding leadership.

Cons

No more free lunches, long hours, on-call, holiday and weekend working.

December 4, 2020
Hi. Thank you for your review and feedback. We are grateful for your former dedication to our team.

Casino life.

Expect to work every holiday. You have to be available all the time because the casino never closes. This is a job you either love or hate. People either quit very quickly or they stay forever. Lots of regulars. Can make good money, but you have to work for it.

Pros

Money

Cons

No work/life balance

November 30, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are proud to offer competitive benefits for our team members and their families, supporting them in living their best lives. In a 24/7 business environment, I agree that our shifts may be unique and not for everyone. An important part of our interview process is transparency, where we conduct real-job previews, allowing you to walk in the shoes of the position and fully understand the expectations. We also offer our team members a wealth of perks such as tuition reimbursement, team member assistance during crisis, 401(k) match, and paid time off, to name a few. Penn National is committed to investing in our team members in support of our mission to be the Best Casino Entertainment Company in the World.

Fine

Fine work job I went and left good job work home work casino management job work. Loud in casino good job lights and buzzers and money job inside room

Pros

Fine

Cons

Fine

November 16, 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your former work with us.

Always an adventure

I really enjoy the atmosphere, the customers and the amazing people I work with. It’s fast paced and your always on the move. I have great supervisors that treat you with respect.

December 28, 2020
Thank you for your review and detailed feedback. We appreciate all you have shared. We are glad to have you on our team! Our values are key to our success, so it's great to hear we're living up to them.

Budget Trumps All

Since my casino was bought out by Penn, we experienced severe cuts to staffing and benefits. Workloads doubled and tripled for most employees. They gave moderate pay raises and simultaneously began charging employees for everything they could. They even cut out birthday bonuses. The company stopped caring about its people and focused solely on the bottom line. I wouldn't work for them again.

Pros

Decent pay, Pto

Cons

Charged for everything, overworked

November 9, 2020
Thank you for your review. I appreciate all you have shared, listening to our current and former team members and providing necessary feedback and resolutions is important to us. We believe in creating a great place to work for all our team members. I’d love to talk with you about specific issues you faced as I believe that feedback would be valuable to improving our team. If you would be willing to reach out to me directly I would appreciate it.

Productive and fun place to work

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Penn National Gaming, Inc. is pretty goodPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Penn National Gaming, Inc. are could of gotten more payJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Penn National Gaming, Inc., I think they closed not long after i seperated from them. In Dec..0f 2004ManagementIn general, managers at Penn National Gaming, Inc. Awesome. Helpful. UnderstandingCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Penn National Gaming, Inc. is always laughing and enjoying ourselvesOverallMy experience working at Penn National Gaming, Inc. I would of stayed forever but they closed Raceway

December 18, 2020
Thank you for your review and detailed feedback. I appreciate all you have shared. We enjoyed having you on our team.

Mostly good

Always loved coming to workNever had any issues with staffManagement was always on pointThey were cooperative Employees are there number one priority

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks

October 19, 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so appreciative of the great service that you brought to the team.

Great company to work for

Would definitely go back. Paperless environment in accounting was a nice change from a previous employer. Co was always looking to improve technology

October 16, 2020
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that our technology has helped boost productivity and enhance the overall work experience.

Good

Good company to be a part of for advancement. Able to supplement their team members with options for growth within company. Overall Penn National gaming was good.

September 29, 2020
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you overall enjoyed your time here. We love creating a great place to work for all our team members.

Management is great, fun environment

The management all the way to the top is great. I had no complaints in that department. I feel that Penn Gaming really goes the extra mile for employees. Great benefits too. I was treated very well but the pay is pretty low. I worked in an area with high responsibility and was paid the same as McDonald's. No real chance for advancement within the company and everyone in your area get paid the same. There are a lot of rules for security's sake but I didn't feel that they were unneccesary or heavy handed. I enjoyed seeing the regular patrons. I left to take a much better paying job with less pressure. I really enjoyed my close co-workers and looked forward to seeing them.

Pros

Work environment, benefits, managers, co-workers

Cons

Yelling over the loud music, standing for the entire shift, low pay

September 29, 2020
Thank you for your review and detailed feedback. Our team members are the core to our success. We agree that our competitive benefits are great for our team members and their families, in supporting them in living their best lives. In a 24/7 business environment, we agree that our shifts may be unique and not for everyone. An important part in our interview process is transparency, where we conduct real-job previews, allowing one to walk in the shoes of the position and fully understand the expectations. We also offer our team members a wealth of perks such as tuition reimbursement, team member assistance during crisis, 401(k) match and paid time off, to name a few. We thank you for your service.

Common questions about Penn National Gaming, Inc.

Answered by current and former employees at Penn National Gaming, Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penn National Gaming, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Penn National Gaming, Inc..
Powered byComparably

Compare Penn National Gaming, Inc. with

• Penn National Gaming, Inc.