Penn State Lehigh Valley Employee Reviews

See reviews about
3.0Job Security & Advancement
Undergraduate Researcher
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAMarch 13, 2017
Researcher with a great professor.

Had awesome opportunity to develop my own undergraduate research project.

Stayed over the summer to further research.
A small campus library
Library assistant (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAMarch 7, 2017
My typical workday consists of going in, checking in any materials left on the counter, shelving materials, and assisting visitors as needed until the end of my shift.
I have learned to always have patience, because sometimes people do not think about how specific or esoteric their subject is, and expect anyone to understand what their search is for based on title or subject alone.
The management and the culture are relaxed. If you show up and do your job, then there's nothing to worry about.
It is difficult to decide whether finding materials with minimal/incorrect information, or getting some people to respect the library rules is harder.
My favorite part is the relaxed pace and environment. It allows me to do research in between assisting people and performing my duties.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
a little slow
I enjoy coaching and teaching the game.
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  2809 Center Valley Road, Center Valley, PA 18034May 19, 2015
P.S.L.V has a great family atmosphere and is a wonderful place to work. If you love teaching in a smaller environment this is certainly the place to be. The staff is friendly and always willing to help and more importantly the students are receiving a very good education.
Pros
Traveling, teaching, recruiting
Cons
No benefits, seasonal position