Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center

Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Employee Reviews

Really placees an emphasis on learning.
Pennsylvania (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Was able to learn as much as i would like about anything my job entailed. I am just an intern. They enabled me to participate in many different research projects.
great place for advancement and learning opportunities
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 22, 2019
i had my experiences with the company throughout my 15 years.i did learn and educate myself with the different occupations i worked with.they are very great with the children and the cancer center as well.overall they are good with other areas too.
Cons
worked sometimes with no breaks, some management did not know their positions.
Working at Penn State Hershey is an exciting place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 13, 2019
Working closely with providers allows you to learn on a daily basis.

New medical discoveries are made frequently and this makes you feel proud that you are an employee here.
Meh
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 11, 2019
Everything honestly depends on where you are hired and who your boss is.
If your lab doesn't have funding you aren't going to be paid well. It runs the same for management. Most PIs don't train their people, the other lab members train new members.
The only real advancement that I have seen is gotten through being here for a while or getting a Masters or PhD.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Monthly salary pay that isn't worth it.
Hershey Medical Center is the ideal place to complete a pharmacy residency.
PGY-1 Pharmacy Resident (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJanuary 6, 2019
A typical day at Hershey Medical Center as a pharmacy resident consisted of patient care on a multidisciplinary team to optimize medication use. I took part in several committees and completed research projects to contribute to hospital protocols.
Not for people of color
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 27, 2018
dont recommend a dog to work here unless its white. and i wouldnt recommend anyone to work there. They have alot of appreciation ceremonies but upper management are snakes
Pros
doctors and nurses are nice
Cons
too many to name
Impressed with the longevity
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 12, 2018
I'm impressed that this company holds onto its employees for decades! This can be both a good and bad thing. Many employees hang on for the education benefit via Penn State University.
Pros
Sense of security
Cons
High level of stress
Growth & Development
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PADecember 11, 2018
The organization continues to grow but the dedicated employees are not being recognized for their experience, knowledge and skills for promotional opportunities.
Productive place to work with great teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 17, 2018
I have enjoyed my time here. A more lucrative opportunity arose which made it difficult to leave such a great place. Being a Union hospital I felt secure and stable in this position. Loved working at a teaching hospital. The rapport with other nurses and doctors was great. This rapport extended to other departments such as social work, OP/PT, Chaplin services. I have learned medical surgical nursing of post operative neurosurgical patients as well as women care, labor and delivery. Absolutely loved labor and delivery, most situations were positive outcomes therefore very rewarding.
Pros
teamwork, union, stability, rapport with coworkers and doctors, teaching hospital
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Excellent
Patient Safety Companion (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 8, 2018
One of the best jobs I had. Loved my job and helping others. Management was not the best. This is a huge company to work for you won't be disappointed.
Pros
advancement
Growing quickly
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PANovember 8, 2018
With a rapidly growing health system, many changes are occurring and many challenges are being faced. Decisions and progress need to be made more rapidly. Leaders need to see outside of the bubble.
Pros
Benefits/PTO
Cons
Low salary range
Inspired me to be the best nurse I can be.
Registered Nurse Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 21, 2018
Loved working here and my Managers. I learned alot and gave back even more. My colleagues and I helped as many people as possible with the time slotted.
An Incredible Experience
Chaplain Resident ACPE Levels 1 and 2 (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 16, 2018
I highly recommend Residency at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. It was quite a ride, but well worth it. I grew into my role and myself as a pastor.
Pros
too numerous to count, pure joy
Cons
the schedule can be physically exhausting
Good place for work
Admissions Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 14, 2018
Started at this institution 17 years ago. Succeeded within the 17 years I worked there but was at my limit for any advancement without having a college education.
Pros
Good pay with nice benefits and paid time off
Medical Office Associate
Medical Office Associate I (Current Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 11, 2018
Currently I work as a scheduler at the Penn State Hershey Breast Center. On a daily basis I schedule new cancer diagnosis, biopsies, MRI's, mammograms etc. I request pathology and imaging from different facilities and ensure that the proper reports are received prior to the patient's appointment.
review
Patient Experience Intern (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 5, 2018
When I worked at the Hershey Medical Center everyday was a new experience. I met a lot of the patients, I met with a lot of the staff, and I also worked on developing the hospital in a beneficial way making the family and patients feel more at home.
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Only reason I had changed positions was to move to a state job and have benefits upon retirement. Many changes for advancement.
Productive and a great place to work
CLAIMS DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAOctober 2, 2018
This job was a really great company to work for. I would love to work for them again. The people there was nice and kind. They treated everyone the same and I really was comfortable working there.
Great Place To Work
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 2, 2018
All in all I've enjoyed working for the Med Center. Definitely need some help with management and admin. And they do not pay their employees fairly. However, the benefits are worth it.
outpatient
Attending Nurse Orthopedics & Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PASeptember 27, 2018
been too long since I worked there to be totally fair. Had wonderful outpatient programs for patients. tried to make it easy for the patients to see multiple specialty physicians with one visit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Reviews by Location