Penn Station East Coast Subs Employee Reviews

Horrible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PANovember 12, 2018
Working at Penn station is awful. You will work a ridiculously high amount of hours and make a ridiculously low amount of money. Closing the store is extremely stressful as it could take 15 minutes or a whole hour.
Pros
Free meal when you work
Cons
Stress, high hours, low pay, Brian
Penn station
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 3, 2018
I think Penn Station is the worse when it comes to working there because you have to threaten to quit before they even look at you for your raise the tell you your going to get and it still can take months before they do anything
Simple and easy to learn but stressful
Shift Supervisor, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIOctober 25, 2018
I was employed at the (now closed) Okemos, Mi location. It was very low volume and was always very slow. The GM's i worked with were always great and a lot of fun. Always made working a breeze and kept the store looking great. Unfortunately there were a lot of decisions made by the franchise owner that screwed a lot of employees over. She consistently paid employees late and wouldn't pay overtime, would rarely promote from within which became a huge problem as we had GMs that had no idea how to work on the line.
Fun work place with an overall fun environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILOctober 25, 2018
Very fast-paced, good communication between co-workers, workers are all very nice and laid back, while still getting all work done efficiently and quickly. A typical day at Penn Station is very busy, you are expected to be doing something at all times. If you think you are done with all of your tasks. there is always something else to do. The management can be a little rocky at times, as it is with any fast food store. The hardest part of the job is making it through rushes, our rushes get very bad and it can be a struggle for even the most experienced worker. The most enjoyable part of the job is the comedic personalities of all of the workers, we all get along very well and comedy is a very big part of our every day work life.
Pros
Discounts on and off of the clock.
Cons
No benefits, short breaks.
the most enjoyable part of the job.
Shift Lead/Sandwich Artist/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYOctober 24, 2018
Fun and family-friendly atmosphere to work as well as eat. I love the fact that we call out 'Fresh Cut' instead of calling them a traditional fry like at most restaurants. I appreciate that all food ingredients we have are freshly cut before the store opens for operations, daily!
Pros
Discount on lunch.
Cons
No healthcare benefits.
Great place to work , very easy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 23, 2018
Penn Station is a good place yo work especially for your first job . They teach you a lot about being in fast food . Coworkers are helpful when needing help .
Pros
Work with you when needing help, cooperate very well
Cons
Expects you to catch on fast after a certain mount of time
Fun
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHOctober 22, 2018
It’s a fun job can be fast paced and also can be issues with drama but for the most part if you do what your supposed to you’ll make it pretty far and get raises frequently
Horrible
Cook/ line worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 22, 2018
Horrible place to work, I highly do not recommend it to you. If you are in a pinch then it's a very big maybe. But only if it's your only option. Do not work here
Cons
this is the worst place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 21, 2018
if your looking for a bad job penn station is the place to go they have very poor management i wouldnt suggest anyone working there the food might be good but working there is a no
No appreciation for hard work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 15, 2018
More cleaning than anything else, no training, taking advantage, no benefits, if you have no responsibilities that's the place to work at, high turnover
Pros
Free food
Cons
No job security if you are older. Teenagers working
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 10, 2018
Most customers were friendly as long as you got their orders right and was fast. Managers are nice and gave me the hours I wanted, he was very understanding when you had to call in, and even though family night on Tuesdays can be tough and nerve wracking it's also fun being with all your co workers at once because you get to work together.
Pros
Discounts when you eat
Cons
Rarely any breaks
Good people, just no advancement
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INOctober 8, 2018
Perfect place to work for younger people. The people i worked with were hard working, and cared about the job they did. Once taught how to cook it was priority to make sure food was coming at a fast paced and looked good also. Constant cleaning and stocking once there was down time which from being a customer at one time was a good thing to see once working there. The hardest part all together was when mass amount of people would come in at once.
Pros
people, hours, cleanliness
Cons
pay
Worst Job I Ever Had
Manager (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHOctober 1, 2018
The enviornment was hostile and spiteful. Management was nonexistant and the company offered no benefits, rewards, or anything. I was never happier to leave a job.
Quick and fast pace work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHSeptember 30, 2018
It's all about getting those sandwiches on the grill quick as you can so customers won't have to wait a long time it's about getting them in and out the door quick as possible
Pros
you have to pay for lunch but you get a 50% discount
Cons
No breaks at all
EAsy work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 25, 2018
Fun and easy. We get a lot of business in the mornings. Wasy to take orders. Whenyou work there you get 50% off discount for your food. Get paid semi monethly and flexible hours
Fun place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
The employees are fun and I do like working with them. The manager do there jobs but they can all be fun as well. The only problem was the customers. Customers would be on there phone all the time and walk away after taking there order. Then they would complain because the sandwich is wrong. It wouldnt be my fault because they like walking away before I could repeat there orders. The only type of good customers were the regular customers.
Its not a great job but itll do.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INSeptember 15, 2018
The pay was just too low for me. Considering the split shifts and no insurance, not a place I would recommend staying at for an extended period of time.
Fast paced but fun to work at and with the coworkers
Fort Wright - Crew member (Former Employee) –  Fort Wright, KYSeptember 13, 2018
i had Always looked forward to going in on my scheduled time, even a little early and having a good time never would be a dual moment in the environment even when we switched managers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lower pay than time worked there
Great place to start out at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INSeptember 12, 2018
Just stick to the normal code.
Show up on time and always give it your all.
Try and make each day better than the last.
Penn station encourages you to speak openly so if you're a person who has a issue with communication
Penn station can help with that. My opinion
Pros
Half off on food for regular staff. 100% discount for managers
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Fun and laid back work place.
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, INSeptember 10, 2018
At Penn station you work with food so some days it could get busy so it can be stressful but the managers are great and keep everything smooth working and calm. The people you work with are fun and caring. There are some chores you have to do but everyone is very helpful and will make sure you get them done on time. The manager is very kind and considerate and will ork with any problems you have.
Pros
Discount on food, Breaks
Cons
Can be stressful