Penn Station East Coast Subs Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was a good experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 13, 2018
It taught me a lot about working.It showed me that there are good and bad days.And that if you try your best that things will run well.And tht you have to use teamwork so everything can run in sync.
Pros
People, learning
Cons
Hours
Boring
Prep and Food Server (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJuly 11, 2018
The was ok i wish it was closer. Also more pay and hours the people were great. I loved cooking on the flatop grill it was great and i didnt mind customer service either the customers was great.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
Great and fun and enviornmentally friendly
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 11, 2018
I began working at Penn Station when I moved back to Murray from Clarksville , TN , Where I was a 1st assistant manager at Jimmy Johns and began shift leading immediately at Penn Station. Quit to look for another position as the management hours allotted me to only have approx. 15-20 hours per week and I am in need of something more full time.
Pros
50%off meals
Cons
hours
Good first job.
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJuly 11, 2018
This is a good place for a someone who needs a job or who doesn't have much experience. They teach you everything you need to know step-by-step before they expect you to do it on your own. Follows your schedule that you give them almost to a T.
Fun place work at.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 10, 2018
Penn station taught me a lot of manager tasks . I learned a lot from them. Penn station was a fast paced company which I liked . I liked to keep busy. the most enjoyable part was the guest .
A typical food job, would have been better if the management cared more about the employees
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 9, 2018
I have no real complaints about the work itself, it was pretty reasonable for food. My store personally was low-volume and under-staffed, with an operating manager that had too high of expectations of such a store, and the new general manager didn't seem too invested in her employees especially compared to my manager before her
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
No paid breaks, no matter how long of a shift you worked
When I worked there it was fun.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 8, 2018
At Penn Station it's a job where you can learn a whole lot of things like for example they'll teach you how to work almost every position that is available.
Pros
You also get 5% discount on the food
Good first job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OHJuly 4, 2018
This was my very first job and it taught me how to work hard. I did start off part time because i was still in school but as soon as summer hit i switched to full time and it wasn't that bad. The only things i would watch out for is when it get busy make sure you are focused and know what you are doing. Dinner/Lunch are the busiest times and things can get mixed up and be misunderstood very easily. The only reason i left was because when school started back up they were still scheduling me full time and working until close when i obviously couldn't so when i asked to be back on part time they barely gave me any hours so i decided that it was best for me to leave.
Pros
Good learning experience.
Cons
very stressful, hard time with a student schedule switch.
Learning experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJune 28, 2018
Penn Station management was ran very well. Customer service was good. I was taught many things I hadn't known already.
It gave me even more experience and skill to work in customer service.
Absolutely love my job
General Managerial (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 18, 2018
Absolutely love working for Penn Station and that is why I have been there for 15 years. I made friends with my customers and love the atmosphere overall.
Pros
Free food make my own hours
Cons
Work constantly if not staffed correctly
positive work envirment
Shift manager (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 16, 2018
ive been employed by Penn Station scince i was 16 and i love it everything about it is very positive all the employees and costumers everyone is very caring i love meeeting all the new faces that sit down and enjoy a delicious sub with us .
This job was alot of work, but I enjoyed the atmosphere.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 15, 2018
If you plan to work hard then it will be easy for you to progress within Penn Station. Work hard and they will show you that you are appreciated, and valued.
Too much favortism in this workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2018
This business is privately owned, therefore they feel they can treat employees anyway the want to. I was very mistreated when working here. Never received my promised pay raise that I worked very hard to get.
Pros
Half off lunch
Cons
Not a nice company
i left penn station
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 15, 2018
I left penn station as there wasn't any room for advancement and the pay sucked for the amount of hard work I had to do. The franchisee tried to run the store with very little labor cost so the staff on hand worked very hard.
Like any other sub shop I imagine
General Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2018
I was an employee for 4 years and a general manager for 2. The way the restaurants operate themselves is pretty streamlined and easy to execute. However they're franchised so how good of a job it is is all dependant on how good your owners are. The owners at the columbus ohio franchises i worked for had no restaurant experience and were completly inept. When i resigned, and i gave them notice its not like i just walked out the door, they even went so far as to not pay me my last check or bonus out of spite. Highly illegal and highly petty. Do not work for NWO penn holdings is what i would tell any applicant.
Pros
Employee meals
Cons
Franchised so owners can do what they want like not paying you.
Great first job!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2018
Pays pretty good, for someone who is young and just started working! great people and food! Everyone who works at penn station is very welcoming when you start.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Hours
Fun but at the same time fast pace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2018
I would work there again if I could fine some that hiring. It’s calm but at the same time fast pace because it’s fast food. The job was crew members so you things like clean,dish, and made food
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexible schedule and good managers
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 6, 2018
Penn station offered me a flexible schedule. The management at this establishment was good and I was able to improve my customer service skills while working here.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low pay
Productive at times, good work crew (mostly) and a relaxed environment until very busy. Overall it’s a good place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 5, 2018
Good environment, nice people to work with. Pay is decent and everyone holds up their ends so you can depend on the people you work with to get the job done.
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedules, decent pay, good hours.
Cons
Business can get extremely slow, the demand to “look busy” is unnecessary when chores are done and business is dead.
Good job, bad hours
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 1, 2018
The work place is amazing, but the hours suck. Working most days out of the week and getting sent home after only two puts a drag on the job, especially making only $7.25.