Pennoni Employee Reviews

Pennoni
Senior Fire Protection/Life Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2019
At the time I was at Pennoni, the work environment was fairly decent. My only concern is that the son of the Director of Engineering was also employed at the same time as myself. This situation made the work environment challenging at times.
Depends on your office and manager
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 1, 2018
The office and particular manager you work for will determine the life you have here. For some, it will be amazing. Others, not so much. People work for people, not companies. It will be like this no matter where you go.
Pros
Great benefits, friendly co-workers and class A office.
Cons
Outdated management, terrible work/life balance, small potential for growth and advancement.
Enjoyed everything about company
ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VASeptember 20, 2018
Wonderful company to work for! If Mastec had not forced all the designers to leave Pennoni and work for them I would still be with Pennoni. A stand up company with high quality values
Hard work, few benefits, frequent layoffs
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 19, 2018
If you aren't being overworked than you being layed off. Staff is usually spread to thin and unable to timely fulfill all their duties. Coordination between many small offices is competitive instead of cooperative as each team protects their own best interests.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
poor benefits, conflicting management
Disorganized Office, Kept FILTHY!!,
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, DESeptember 18, 2018
No organization in this office, files and drawings strewn ALL around, and the worst part was seeing the filth on floors day in and day out. The principle was more concerned with paper costs and turning out lights to save electricity when he had about $100,000 going out the front door buying an engineering stamp. The principle also just indiscriminately left the office at any time and I'd like to have a nickel for every employee who came over wondering where he was. After an extended weekend I had to go in on Tuesday and literally clean all of the trash out of the men's room that had accumulated the week before. And, the engineers were allowed to bring their prejudice to the workplace. Working there was a life lesson for me because I became much more sensitive to prejudice in work and in life.
Pros
Attentive Main Office Staff
Cons
"A Garage in the Middle of the Woods"
Relaxed
Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2018
Pennoni was a great place to start out for my first surveying job. Seemed like upper management was always changing. Overall was a great place to work.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Low Pay
yup, it's an office
Junior Engineer/Safety Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 27, 2018
Your basic construction contracting company. I spent a lot of time in a cubicle preparing plans for jobs, or I would be outside on the jobs doing relatively light work. It wasn't bad.
Pros
decent pay, easy work.
Pretty good company overall
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 19, 2018
While the pay at times did not seem to keep up with what I felt I deserved, management did try to make things better. I enjoyed many l of the people I worked with, but there were times I found certain co-workers to be frustrating in terms of knowledge, skills and work ethic. Also, some of the projects were not the most exciting and had some management challenges.
Lots to learn from colleagues
MEP Graduate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 14, 2018
For this position, your are better off working in their out of state offices like Philly and Newark, DE for higher job security. Newark, NJ and often New York, NY are painfully slow on MEP projects at the moment.
But wherever you work, all colleague are pretty helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
A good number of lunch and learns to attend for knowledge and ofcourse, free lunch
Environment
Civil Engineering/Landscape Architecture Intern (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 21, 2018
Great experience. Everyone was helpful and I was able to get advice from everyone in the office on things like AutoCAD or drawings. The management was also very friendly and cooperative.
Tyrell's Review
Graduate Landscape Architect (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 7, 2018
Pennoni is a great company to work for. I will recommend anyone to work there. Every one is willing to help out. The work environment is great. I could not have asked for a better company to be with to start my professional career.
Good company
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 7, 2018
Solid company with good benefits. Managers are personal and great people. The company places a big emphasis on technology by using up to date programs, methods, and staying up to date on industry standards. It is a great company to work for if you want to stay in an area where they already have an office. They continuously win big projects in areas and have a great workload. The management there is second to none in my opinion. They have a good one on one relationship with their employees. The biggest downside is stagnant career advancement, meager pay increases, and minor ESOP contributions. The ESOP program is a joke and and I would much rather have contributions to my 401k.
Pros
Technologically Advanced, Good Management
Cons
Meager Salary increases, Slow career advancement, Meager ESOP contributions
Good Jump off
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PA 18017December 12, 2017
I worked at Pennoni for 3 yrs, without a degree harder to advance up but still possible they are willing to pay for school and certs for your advancement for loyalty, High stress but fun, hands on, exciting
OSP Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 30, 2017
not applicable A+place
great company very good to the staff

great benefits and great place to work

too many letters here to add to make this ok to add
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
Excellent and valuable experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Haddon Heights, NJNovember 29, 2017
Really helped to hone my professional office skills. Developed skills working with others in the professional world while balancing several projects at once.
Pennoni
Coating Inspector (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 28, 2017
great place to work, management is great with helping understand things that may be difficult. Work is sometimes inconsistent and can be worrisome. Overall good company to work for.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Spotty work
Good company
CWI/Certified Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 15, 2017
A good company to work for management & supervisors were respectful. There was area to learn & achieve certifications, the only thing I didnt like that there was some favoritism towards certain inspectors. I believe pay could have been a little higher considering what the job is responsible for.
Pros
Learned a lot hands on knowledge is everything.
Cons
Not home often.
Overall good place to work
Engineering Designer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 8, 2017
Pennoni is a great place to work. I would recommend it to anyone in the design/ engineering field. Unfortunately I would like to find something more permanent with workload.
STAMPP Surveyor / Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 24, 2017
I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company. Great management. Awesome co-workers. They want you to succeed and give you ample tools to do so.
Pros
Unlimited sick leave
Cons
Distance from home
Great Place to Be
Coating Inspector (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 8, 2017
Great staff and very helpful management. Benefits are amazing and bosses and high ups are very helpful during issues. I would totally recommend this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pennoni. Our community is ready to answer.