Pennswood Village Employee Reviews

Productive work enviorment
Server (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PADecember 29, 2017
What I learned from this job is how to properly work in a group setting. How to properly provide great customer service to resident and how to teach other employees how to operate different kitchen equipment.
Great Enviornment
Server (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJuly 12, 2017
P-Wood was a great part-time job for me when I was in highschool. While working there I developed many communication skills through serving. Most of the people that work there are friendly and efficient.
Clean, Well Run, Intense
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJanuary 5, 2017
It was overall a pretty god experience. A typical day started at 3:00 pm and ended at 11:30pm. I would help residents with daily activities, hygiene, eating, cleaning,transporting, and the like.
When I came to work there it was a transition time so the supervisor who was changing positions wasn't there due to health reasons. There was a lot of miscommunication. I learned how to talk and care for people and that CNA is tough work. I decided not to continue because it was physically taxing on my body and very emotional. The hardest part is dealing with death of a resident and the most enjoyable part is helping people in general and realizing that without a CNA there would be a lot of suffering.
Middle management (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJuly 30, 2016
Pennswood village is a great place to work, they expect a lot, but treat their employees well. Benefits are great. Only down side, if you are looking for advancement it could be difficult to move up. Most upper management has been here 10+ years and show no signs of going anywhere.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
No advancement
nice
Certified Nurse's Aide- Med Tech (Prior) (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 1, 2016
Special place to work. You get the training you need and you have wonderful staff that are open and always willing to help and support their staff. Schedulers are always contacting you with work and many different interesting cases available.
Diverse Workplace
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PASeptember 26, 2015
Pennswood is an interesting community filled with residents who come from diverse backgrounds, histories, and work experiences.The residents care about their community with an inspiring amount of heart and passion.
Wonderful Work Enviornment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newtown, Pa 18940October 11, 2014
This jobplace has been described as comparable to Disneyland. Everyone that works at Pennswood Village has a great demeanor and are always willing to help.
Licensed practical nurse (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAOctober 17, 2013
Loved this place when I worked there, wonderful group of people that I am still friends with to this day.
Average Place to Work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAOctober 6, 2012
Average Place to Work
Discounted Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
friendly people
nursing secretary (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAAugust 8, 2012
learned about quaker life and the cultures, the hardest part of my job was to find extra help when there was an employee called out sick
Pros
could always find extra work
Cons
no part time benfits
Longevity
Seasonal Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAMay 24, 2012
A typical day consists of completing various tasks on the property. I leanred hard work pays off. The management staff was always there to help if you were in need of advice. My coworkers ended up being some of my best friends. The hardest pard of the job was the work itself on hot summer days. The most enjoyable part was learning different skills.