PennWell Corporation Employee Reviews

Good, but could be better
Sales Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2018
The overall culture was good when it was family owned. I wish they would invest more in their employees where it counts. For example, they do annual holiday gifts, yet the building is DISGUSTING. I would happily forfeit my annual Christmas gift for a simple deep-clean of the building and some minor upgrades.
Good Pay - Good advancement but everything has changed
Audience Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 3, 2018
The company is going through some major changes so no one can say what the future work culture will look like.

Enjoyed my time there. Great learning experience
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
The building is old, company changes
An especially modest, helpful and good-hearted supervisor.
Map Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2018
I greatly enjoyed all the people I worked with, especially my supervisor, who went out of his way to assist me. He always showed great compassion to his fellow workers.
Great place for a developer who likes to be asked to perform a task and is pretty much left alone to finish it.
MAPSEARCH DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Tuls, OK``June 24, 2018
The usual pseudo-agile morning meeting with status updates, then the workday is yours. Vary helpful support from other developers, even from the managers as most were previous developers.
Pros
Fantastic benifits.
Cons
The Pennwell family sold the company, I can't say what the future holds for it.
Has been a great place to work
Team Manager, Exhibitor Services (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 19, 2018
I have had a great experience working at PennWell, and have been able to travel and see a good portion of the world. I have also had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people.
good working environment, friendly coworkers
Associate Post Producer, Pennwell Digital Media (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 11, 2018
Pennwell is a good fit for me allowing me to make autonomous decisions when needed yet still providing support. Pennwell provided many opportunities to excel and move forward in my career.
Fabulous Company, Concerned about future
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 7, 2018
I have loved working here but with the acquisition by Clarion the future is uncertain. Clarion's focus is on events so the media brands are in a tizzy.
It worked for me
Projects / Products Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 29, 2018
There are so many departments here that it would be unfair to categorize them all as one and comment. In my department it was a pleasure to work with my team. I had enough autonomy to work as an individual and as a team member. I enjoyed the challenge and it took me out of my comfort zone and I had the ability to test and try new things
Pros
My team had autonomy
Cons
Stifling of information flow
Productive company with very long history
Financial Reporting/Tax Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2018
My team is great. We support each other I definitely feel like we are a supportive, productive team. I worked as finance manager role for my first 5 years, then added tax manager to my job title 2 years ago .
Pros
Company structure is flexible
Cons
Smaller company with limits to advancement
Decent place for a job but not for a career
Editor and Content Director (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 1, 2018
As is the case most places, an employee's level of satisfaction at PennWell has a lot to do with their immediate supervisor. I have worked for good ones and bad ones. It's not the best place for career advancement, and many employees hit a ceiling after just a few years.
Not desirable for millennials.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2017
PennWell's workplace culture was not desirable for me. The culture is not team oriented. I received very little guidance from my supervisor and was expected to work and travel independently. The office setting was low energy and dirty.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Location, company culture, not team oriented
Average Corporate Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2017
Good place to work with plenty of room for advancement. They do a lot of internal hiring which is nice. The only downfall I would say is the actual buidling itself. It's older and needs updating badly.
Pros
Free Parking, Free Fruit (twice a week)
Cons
Buidling is old
no loyalty to employees
Vice-President, PennWell (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2016
recruited me then fired me with never having had a bad review. Management does a bad job of communicating with employees
Pros
Cons
lack of loyalty to employees
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 18, 2016
I learned a lot working at PennWell from the Industry itself to different tasks and software. Most of my years at PennWell I worked on a team that was united and respected each individual for their unique contributions.
Benefits
Cons
No chance of advancement or bonuses
Productive and great work experience
International Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2016
PennWell is a great company to work for. The people and environment is very open for growth and advancement in technology.
E-List Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2015
Lots of opportunity and areas to learn new systems or applications. They promote healthy living and offer great benefits, I would recommend working for this company.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nashua NHMarch 17, 2015
Typical day consist of reviewing emails, sending promotional emails, contacting customers in regards to listing information and sales orders. Maintaining management system, consulting with sales team in regards to advertisements and clients. Hardest part of my job, dealing with demanding deadlines, but very rewarding when project is completed on time. Management at Pennwell is wonderful, co-workers awesome.
Pros
benefits, hour lunch
Cons
can't think of any
Good for an intern
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaNovember 10, 2014
*Great experience for an internship
*Management needs improvement. Supervisors should be consistent with instructions and expectations.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Management, Budget crisis
Great work environment with a driven team
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 17, 2014
I processed T&E's, invoices and travel request forms. I put together a audition schedule for my co worker and completed two brands forecast reports every Friday. I attended meeting and took notes at every meeting and sent them to the team.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
wanted more hours
Fast-paced and challenging Environment. Continuously Learning new skills.
Sales Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 3, 2013
Working for PennWell has helped me quickly pick up a number a various skills. I learned about marketing, managing products, product pricing, managing budgets, and business operations. I was a financial analyst as wells as performance analyst of products. I learned some great communication skills in order to understand what a manager would want with by asking the right questions and being able to predict what a manager would want. I was a salesforce.com administrator and trained 30+ employees. I was responsible for trouble shooting and accurately and efficiently rectifying the situation. I also did research for brands in order to help the sales reps learn about consultative selling. Part of this research was web statistics, social media involvement, user behavior, and demographic reach.
My co-workers are amazing and treated each other with respect. We all helped each other when someone needed help and effectively cross-trained ourselves because of this.
There wasn't really a hard part to the job. I really enjoyed it and have no complaints.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to learn something new everyday and use this new skill to become more efficient and accurate in data collection. I really love finding new ways so solve a problem and streamline processes.
Pros
Cross-training
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PennWell Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

PennWell Corporation Reviews by Location