PennyMac Loan Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Stay away
Licensed Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJanuary 19, 2019
You are a number and only as good as yesterday’s sales. Super controlling environment, don’t dare have a life and need to leave early even if you worked lots of OT. No work life balance or flexibility.
Pros
You can make money
Cons
Poor time off, forced to work holidays, negative environment
Never work there again
Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJanuary 10, 2019
I was a contractor, and they work you to the bone, and scream at you, when you make a mistake, they have no respect for there employees, and or contractors...
Pros
good salad bar
Cons
work you to the bone
Worst place I ever worked
Manager - IT Business Continuity (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 8, 2019
The company is organized and managed to advance the 20 -30 top executives. There is no concern for line employees. No raises, the annual bonus is broken into two pieces and distributed half in March and the other half in September of the year following your accomplishments - presumably to stave off the annual exodus of disenfranchised employees.
There are "corporate psychopaths" in some senior management positions. I suggest you Google that term. Otherwise, you risk putting yourself in a position that is at least uncomfortable and at worst career-limiting and extremely stressful.
To repurpose a Star Wars quote - "this is not the company you're looking for!"
Stay away.
Productive Day
Default Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 6, 2019
When everyone is at work and you can focus on your duties only. I love getting ALL my work done daily. We have a large workload lately so when someone is out with no OT it is a little hard to do all your stuff and there work also.
Pros
Employed and environment
Cons
benefits and promotions
Great Pay / Extremely Chaotic
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2019
If you want to work somewhere you feel like your work matters this is not the place. Front-end systems hardly work appropriately due to being setup by outside contractors or employees that are not fit to set these systems up.

When you're working on a problem that needs to be resolved, expect that project to go well past its completion date. When you're working with fellow employees on a project, expect little to no communication at all.

The pay is great if they need to fill a gap quickly, but bonuses and benefits can be absurdly underwhelming. One of the few decent things is that management, depending on your location, works with you and will help you in these things to the best of their ability.

Working at PennyMac Loan Services isn't just a daily grind, it's another soulless, joyless venture.

If you want to work in this industry to make a difference, look elsewhere. If you want a day-to-day paycheck, in a place with high turnover rate, this should still be your 3rd or 4th option.
Pros
Pay is great, management is superb
Cons
Chaotic atmosphere that pushes inneffective resolutions.
Completely revised system within the last year
Business Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 25, 2018
Working side by side with ops managers to determine best practices with new process has provided opportunities for optimal communication and inclusion for all associates.
Overall its a good place to start if you new to the mortgage industry
Home Services Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 30, 2018
Overall its a good place to start if you new to the mortgage industry. Management in Tampa is terrible the moral is so low its location I would never want to work for - Plano office seems to have more stable work environment the managers seems to want you to know more and seems more of a family they pay just is hard to get what you need.
Wonderful Place to Work!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CANovember 28, 2018
The best decision I made when applied to this company! On-boarding is very smooth. My direct team is fantastic; everyone is friendly and very helpful.
Pros
insurance plans
Cons
Great employees but work can be stressful
Analyst (Current Employee) –  AgouraNovember 22, 2018
Great environment and employees at the Agoura, Ca offices. Work more than 40 hours more often than not. Hear about different stress levels for different departments and locations
Pros
On site food, free gym, games area, great people, bonus
Cons
8hr+ work days, limited system and applications training
es is kyine meine Arbeirer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2018
n/a period no pay check received. meaning there were no funds in my check on pay day, this made it impossible to continuing my emplpyment. eacial strife ia amuck
Pros
air conditioned
Cons
no xheck
Productive workplace.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2018
The job is okay, but there is very little room for advancement. The environment can be stressfull at times. Youre micro managed at times and there are no yearly increases.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No raises. Bi monthly pay periods. Not alot of time off given.
PennyMac
Sales (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 5, 2018
I love my job and enjoy my coworker, my day goes by fast everyday and stress free. My manger is laid back and always their when we need help. My job is not hard at all, the most enjoyable part is coming to work with a happy environment.
N/a
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 25, 2018
Management made it hard to work here. Mortgages are stressful to begin with, but management made it feel like I was back in high school with gossip and picking their favorites.
no raises no bonus
Loss Mitigation Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAOctober 23, 2018
no raises or bonuses which were promised in the initial interview. Everyone working there is looking for something better it's a dead end job that sucks the life out of you.
Good pay rate
Senior VoIP Engineer/Voice Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 4, 2018
I worked alone in Texas. My team was in California. They really wanted the team in California and not in Texas. It was a great place to start within at a large corporation.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Bad culture
Nice Place to work
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 3, 2018
Excellent place to work with good benefits. Some departments have a high stress environment but others are relaxing. Overall really good experience.
Good Learning Opportunity
Business Analyst, Enterprise PMO (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CASeptember 26, 2018
Working at PennyMac was a good learning opportunity and the working conditions were fine, but they do not value your career and do not believe in retaining talent.
My experience at PennyMac was enjoyable and fulfilling.
Training Coordinator/LMS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CASeptember 17, 2018
I fully enjoyed my employment working for PennyMac. I was able to excel and progress with my career. I would recommend working for this company to anyone.
Policy and Procedure Administrator (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CASeptember 13, 2018
Growing company with lots of opportunity for advancement! Employee moral is high. The company offers many incentives to boost moral. Decorating contests, free lunches...etc.
A Great Opportunity
HOME LOAN SPECIALIST I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 7, 2018
PennyMac Loan Services, LLC is located in the Cortex area of downtown St. Louis. The community of people in the area is both friendly and growing in a positive direction. Even though I had no previous Mortgage Lending experience, PennyMac did a fantastic job of showing me and fellow employees exactly how the business is run from a technical and knowledgeable standpoint. There is employee recognition for exemplary performance each Friday, giving each and every workweek meaning and fulfillment of a job well done. The managers do a wonderful job making sure each and every loan is being taken care of properly in accordance to Mortgage Lending guidelines. It was a joy working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PennyMac Loan Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss