Pennzoil 10 Minute Oil Change Employee Reviews

Enjoyable to work at but can be stressful at times everyone’s super nice to work with also.
curtesy and hoods (Current Employee) –  Oil City, PAApril 12, 2019
Can be stressful at times but enjoyable to work with everyone. Love being able to work on people’s car to make it easier on them. Love the benefits we are given.
This was an awesome experience.
Check tires (Former Employee) –  Union, SCNovember 26, 2018
Great environment to work in. Very nice and respectful employees and boss. Would recommend 10/10 stars. working for this company was amazing. Only reason i left is to provide a better stable life for myself.
Pros
Learning and expanding my knowledge
Cons
Rain.
Small company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 5, 2018
Micro managed, initially claimed to be hands off in the managing style. The training was much less than adequate and felt breath on my neck, looking over my shoulder from day 1.
I am looking for steady work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Searcy, AROctober 23, 2018
Iam looking for steady work in a stable environment.
I wan a hard worker. And would like to be an assist to a good company.
I will be a dependable employee for your company.
Advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 17, 2018
Started as a order writer and greeter after two years became crew leader then Assistant Manager. Opportunity are definitely available for advancement or even transfer to other stores.
Pros
advancement for all, male or female, and your learn a lot about cars.
Cons
car fumes, rough hands, bad hair (females), smelling like a burnt vehicle.
Great boss, I called this a hobby not a job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 27, 2018
The owner took care of all employees and the facility better than could be expected. He provided food and drink for all meetings and did golf outings regularly. He did Christmas parties as a group and 1 for us managers and spouses.
Pros
Bought lunch on Saturdays and if anything wasn't working properly it was taken care of immediately
good company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 24, 2018
very demanding place of employment , way to many hours but lots of opportunity for advancement for willing people , independently owned and operated so some locations differ
Great place to work!
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 11, 2018
This place is the cleanest, friendliest, and most organized lube center I've worked in. The staff is all great people, management is top notch, and the owner is very down to earth and friendly. I would still be there but I moved. Highly recommend this place to work.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays, helpful coworkers, clean environment
Cons
cashier, changed oil, and greeted customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 16, 2018
Family owed bussiness very nice to work there hard long hours sometimes very busy then it could be slow. Learned how to drive different vehiches and maintain them
Loved my job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 11, 2017
A typical day usually started off slow, and picked up throughout the day. All of us got along great together. We all helped each other out when things got really busy. Great staff and management. I really enjoyed my time working there as I enjoy working on vehicles as well.
Pros
Cheap oil changes, great management and staff
Cons
Hot inside in the summer
A great starting job.
Oil Change Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 27, 2017
I highly enjoyed the job as a first job that wasn't in fast food but the job was what it was. It is above replacement level fast food but you come home covered in oil every day.
Not the worst place to work but there are plenty more opportunities
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILSeptember 25, 2017
It's like working for Disney. Visiting as a customer is a great experience but as an employee it sucks. The work load is no where near balanced. Certain members of our leadership feel the need to express how they don't have to work because they have worked here so long. They also get paid more to do less. I understand that that's how it is at most work places it's seniority but those leaders should not be announcing how lazy they can be.
Pros
Breaks thru out the day. Cell phone use. Some friendly customers
Cons
Everything else
I would not recommend
Service Technician/Cashier/Pitman (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LA 70380September 19, 2017
I did not like working for this establishment because, the pay rate wasn't very good. On slow days we were sent home, and told to stay prepared to be called back in if things picked up. The pay period was broken up so that overtime was impossible to achieve.
First Job. Didn't know what to expect
Auto Care (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2017
I've never worked on cars in my life, but I am very grateful that I was able to work here and gain that skill. The place was not very busy, and I believe that was due to the place's location the way the boss managed this business. He did not put adequate money into securing things we needed like synthetic oils, proper oil filters, etc. Many that have worked for him deemed him to be quite prejudice as well, which I could not confirm from my own experience. He did not treat me well or his other employees.
Excellent working conditions. Great owner.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJune 17, 2017
Very close to home. Owner was a very good man. Co-workers all got along well. Did not have to work on Sunday. Owner kept the building and grounds in excellent condition.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
dirty job
Good Place to Work
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAApril 20, 2017
-Great team members who are passionate about their job
-Great organization at work, you know what they day is going to be like/what to expect
-Management was friendly and passionate and would reward us for our hard work regularly
-The hardest part about the job would have to be the fast pace environment; I worked at a busy store and when car's line up, patrons get angry
Productive and Long hours on your feet
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Richmond, MIJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at Pennzoil would be coming in at 6 every morning, opening up the doors, we would clean sweep and mop the floors every morning before we start and at the end of the day, We would refill or clean any other things that needed to be cleaned if we didn't have a car to work on. Management would be walking around helping out if needed.
Cons
Short team members, couldn't keep tips, weird feelings between both managers.
Enjoyed my time here
Cashier/Hood Technician/Courtesy (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 15, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working here. I learned a great deal about cars and how to better care for them. Very relaxing atmosphere, but having to deal with an assortment of fumes everyday is taxing to one's health. So I guess it was just time to move on and find a safer work environment.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees. Great coworkers. Very reputable company.
Cons
Too many smokers and other bad fumes. No job advancements.
Productive and fast paste enviroment
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 6, 2015
An excellent place to work, but with limited chances of advancing within the company. Co-workers are incredibly nice and hard working people.
a lot of responsibilty placed on low wage employees.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 8, 2014
low wage, ill prepared, environment for employees, no advancement, little training.