Penquis CAP Employee Reviews

The worst environment I’ve ever worked in
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 13, 2019
Managers email and literally shout to get back on the phones in the Transportation Brokerage. Water has leaked through our ceiling multiple times in the same place and the pipes have been repaired but not replaced. The ceiling tiles collapsed form. A larger flood and we were told to keep answering the phones if we were a full ceiling tile away. A new software was implemented while incomplete and not functional. Clients and employees have expressed frustration and dissatisfaction, to which management has only said it is getting better and that the situation is normal. Over half the staff is looking into leaving the Brokerage. And for a company that is supposed to help people out of poverty, many of its own staff are using the services because they do not pay a livable wage.
Pros
Regular hours
Cons
Expensive health care, poor work conditions, poor wages, poor management
Friendly, Caring, fun place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MEFebruary 22, 2019
This school is the most heart warming school. Very fun and easy to work for. Would tell anyone starting out as a substitute teacher to start here. The program manager is so easy to talk with and get advice. She will help you every step of the way to make sure you are comfortable.
I really enjoyed working with the staff at Penquis Cap.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 16, 2018
Each day was very busy and I learned new skills on electronic processing of payments. Management was very knowledgeable and open minded with a strong dedication to the mission and values of the company. The work environment was friendly and productive. The hardest part of the job was 8 hours of sitting with no options for stand up desk. The most enjoyable part of the job were the friends I met and built a relationship with as well playing a part in the important work the company did in the community.
Very stressful after new supervisor took over
VSW family enrichment program (Former Employee) –  Bangor MaineSeptember 21, 2018
For two and a half years was wonderful program was about the families we served and workers were valued.new supervisor took over families were no longer receiving the support they were getting and staff were no longer valued. Lost 8 staff after new supervisor took over. Higher ups blamed the workers rather than trying to see things from the workers point of view.you don't loose that many staff in 6 months for no reason.
Pros
Good benefits leave time, health insurance
Cons
Staff not supported by management
A lot of really nice people there
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 24, 2018
good coworkers and most are friendly and helpful but very poor and untrustworthy management in most departments. None are on the same page and nobody is treated the same, no equal footing for any employee
Fast paced environment
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 4, 2018
Great people to work with, just not enough pay for the work load you are expected to do. Great earn time amount, my direct manager is wonderful to deal with
Poor management and accountability
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 20, 2017
Supervisors don't always know how to manage people effectively. Large organization stuck in their ways. No room for innovation or change. If you want to be a cog in a wheel this might be a good fit for you!
Pros
Provides valued services to community
Cons
can't get out of their own way
Productive and enjoyable
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bangor, ME 04401May 9, 2017
Penquis is a very reputable place to work. Great environment with many perks. I enjoy working with the clients as well as behind the scenes. Co-workers are pleasant to be around, everyone works well together as a team.
Pros
Provided activites for employees such as meals and other gatherings.
Cons
Expensive dental insurance.
Learning Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 12, 2015
This organization was very good to do an internship for because you went into different departments. Learned many things on programs to help people trying to get on their feet.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 6, 2013
This experience was a typical office job that included learning several case management skills. My co-workers were great and we got along well. My supervisor was helpful. She also helped me with school because she was going for her Master's in Psychology. The hardest part of the job was finding housing in areas that clients preferred. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining field experience that is applicable to my major.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
communication lacking
Commited staff
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MEApril 30, 2012
A great program to have in community. Staff that work there are commited to help the children and families. On site management is great.
State and Federal monies hard to feel "safe" with job, which after 20 years FSW position was eliminated with 2 classrooms and 6 total staff.
Pros
dedicated staff and on site management
Cons
state and federal budget cuts